What's new

The PAF is set to receive a batch of Egyptian Air Force Mirage-Vs

Sir, that because of canard...4.95?
No - it has to do with the level of stealth and technology onboard based on today’s concepts.
This is a project that is still being defined in terms of needs and requirements.
It has many milestones to fully rralitincluding but not limited to
- defining an actual launch timeframe
- Determining costs
- who is going to be part of the R&D team
- define the components(airframe, avionics etc) and features for each(low RCS, Electro-optical targeting, internal ECM etc)
- conceptual prototypes of these components
And so on ..

a lot of things could change in terms of requirements as time goes by and technology both improves and lowers in cost.

ALLAH kareen yehi ho . we are tired of these vintage mirages and i wish they will be grounded tonight . only thunders and falcons are enough and we have to stick on 5th gen program till then . PAF have became a kabari shop these days man .
frankly these vintages pieces deserve to be given away to museams. Their time and place is definitely gone.

In Bholari its Zaban-e-Zade-aam that J10Cs are coming.
There is also some chatter that China might be interested in JF17 as well hence the increased production rate. where will they be fielded and when will be disclosed shortly. This is some thing PAF would like as it would give JF17 a boost in sales.

There is also some chatter that China might be interested in JF17 as well hence the increased production rate. where will they be fielded and when will be disclosed shortly. This is some thing PAF would like as it would give JF17 a boost in sales.

Chines still have hundred of j8 and j7 not sure about a5,

plaaf and plaan order k8 after a while in big numbers so it’s possible

Sir! Bholari is home to Falcons. How come US will digest J-10CEs with Chinese on the same base. Whether J-10Cs or any other Chinese platform; that's not going to park alongside US equipment unless the situation arises like Iranian tomcats.
The Isolation for Vipers is only for Block 52s not for older Vipers as Sargodha accomodate JF-17s, Mirages, F-7s along with F-16s of No. 9, 11 and 29 Squadrons. So Bholari can have anything from China along with ADF Vipers.

The Isolation for Vipers is only for Block 52s not for older Vipers as Sargodha accomodate JF-17s, Mirages, F-7s along with F-16s of No. 9, 11 and 29 Squadrons. So Bholari can have anything from China along with ADF Vipers.

My friend, Thunders or F-7s, we don't need Chinese at base if these platforms are parked near Vipers. As far as I understand, Americans wouldn't like the presence of Chinese on the same base where F-16s are parked, whether Vipers or not. This is not about any Chinese Birds near viper but more of personnel presence.

My friend, Thunders or F-7s, we don't need Chinese at base if these platforms are parked near Vipers. As far as I understand, Americans wouldn't like the presence of Chinese on the same base where F-16s are parked, whether Vipers or not. This is not about any Chinese Birds near viper but more of personnel presence.
Logically there will be no Chinese on our bases.

Chines still have hundred of j8 and j7 not sure about a5,

plaaf and plaan order k8 after a while in big numbers so it’s possible
correction. you are right, those were retired; i was referring to an upgrade they were doing on Q5s..

It will make it the 5th platform to manage alongside F-16s, JFTs, Mirages, F-7pg.

Isn't it just like the IAF who also operate far too many platforms?
Pgs will be gone with the induction of Block 3(I gather they are next on the replacement ladder along with non upgraded M3/5s). It is M3 replacement that is being talked about. We will retain 3(maximally 4 while platforms are being replaced) platforms which should be manageable. Interestingly it reproves my point which I have been trying to say for ages, PAF will only induct one new type of aircraft at a time. The only exception is older platforms that we have infrastructure for.
A

Last edited:
@Bilal Khan 777.
Sir a question for you if I may ask. The last ACM said (if I remember correctly) that with the advent of block 3 the plane will achieve design maturity. Does this translate into further modifications not being possible or and just newer technologies will be incorporated as it becomes available.
Lastly is there potential in revisiting the design of JFT and reviewing if it can be modified to suit our future needs better.
Thanks in advance

@Bilal Khan 777.
Sir a question for you if I may ask. The last ACM said (if I remember correctly) that with the advent of block 3 the plane will achieve design maturity. Does this translate into further modifications not being possible or and just newer technologies will be incorporated as it becomes available.
Lastly is there potential in revisiting the design of JFT and reviewing if it can be modified to suit our future needs better.
Thanks in advance

Only ACM Sohail Aman could understand what he meant by most things he said. I think what he may have meant that with Block 3, we would be able to achieve what we always wanted, to have a BVR capable aircraft that can undertake AD and EW at standoff ranges. Will this stop the development and upgrades of JFT as a platform? I highly doubt it. Today's electronics are not yesterday's. They will keep being obsolete and we will keep replacing them. Thats the joy of having your own bird, you can do what you like.

Only ACM Sohail Aman could understand what he meant by most things he said. I think what he may have meant that with Block 3, we would be able to achieve what we always wanted, to have a BVR capable aircraft that can undertake AD and EW at standoff ranges. Will this stop the development and upgrades of JFT as a platform? I highly doubt it. Today's electronics are not yesterday's. They will keep being obsolete and we will keep replacing them. Thats the joy of having your own bird, you can do what you like.
Thank you so much for your response. this statement had always bothered me as I could not understand why he would say something so early in the development cycle of the aircraft. Looking at the F16 the fighter is still being upgraded in spite of being around for more than 40 years
Kind regards
A

Design maturity would point to the aircraft doing what it was intended to do reliable, repeatedly without surprises.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom