What's new

The only way to tackle terrorism in Pakistan is to reform or close down Madrasas

What about the IBA graduate terrorists holding MBA degrees? Ban MBA as wello_O
That is 1 in a thousand. Madrassas are being funded and used as a launching pad and they need to be regulated and controlled, starting with Lal Masjid in Islamabad. Saudis can fund them in their own country and fight their war in Saudi Arabia.

That is 1 in a thousand. Madrassas are being funded and used as a launching pad and they need to be regulated and controlled, starting with Lal Masjid in Islamabad. Saudis can fund them in their own country and fight their war in Saudi Arabia.
Sure every AQ and ISIS member studied in Pakistani madrassahs.

Sure every AQ and ISIS member studied in Pakistani madrassahs.
Many if not all in the TTP leadership have studied in madressahs...and that organization is responsible for 50k Pakistanis being killed.
The defense minister the other day gave a figure of 300 madressahs involved in terrorism.
Students of Darul Uloom Haqqania Akora Khttack which correct me if i am wrong is the largest most high profile deobandi madressah in the country were involved in the murder of Benazir Bhutto.

Darul Uloom Haqqania students involved in killing of Benazir - Pakistan - DAWN.COM

not shut down bomb every madrasa and wipe out it from earth then think abut peace

ISIS_mosques%20(1).jpg

this can be called peaceful madrasa
ShowImage.ashx

I have seen many university kids who have never been to any madrassa and who do not even pray five times a day call shias kaffir and admire Maulana Abdul Aziz. The judges who set terrorists free aren't from any madrassa either and many of your fancy secular universities and colleges support the Balouch seperatists. Banning madrassahs does not mean that streams of honey and milk will start flowing in Pakistan.

Such university kids are lip soldiers, they don't indulge in practical act unless they come under the studenthood 'shagirdi' of a mullah figure. Human's basic nature is moderate until someone tampers it.

@M.SAAD
Madrassahs provide free education, food and meals to the children who usually belong to poor families, only a few madrassahs like madrassahs run by Mullah Abdul Aziz need to be closed. Not all madrassahs are involved in terrorism and many madrassahs provide a good future free of cost to poor families whose children would be child laborers otherwise.

ALL institutions seeking to educate children, must be regulated. Any madrassah, be it whatever, if it isn't being regulated it needs to be shut down. Once they're regulated, you need to have a standardized curriculum that ensures both a good standard of education and no radical teachings and adaptations being thrown in.

If there was a standardized curriculum, be it a complex and varying one across different regions, and once that is implemented and enforced on all institutions big or small, that will be the greatest achievement of ours since our creation.

We have deobandis who follow Dar ul Alum Deoband involved in terrorism, not Wahhabis.

Have you closed down Dar ul Alum Deoband in India? They are very loyal to India I guess.

They do not come from madrassahs either:D

Deobandis are loyal to no one

Many if not all in the TTP leadership have studied in madressahs...and that organization is responsible for 50k Pakistanis being killed.
The defense minister the other day gave a figure of 300 madressahs involved in terrorism.
Students of Darul Uloom Haqqania Akora Khttack which correct me if i am wrong is the largest most high profile deobandi madressah in the country were involved in the murder of Benazir Bhutto.

Darul Uloom Haqqania students involved in killing of Benazir - Pakistan - DAWN.COM
What has this to do with shutting down madrassahs? The similar BS logic is given by outsiders who label all Muslims or all Pakistanis terrorists just because many terrorists happen to be Pakistani nationals.

The only realistic way to tackle terrorism in Pakistan is to cut off their root/supply chain which are the Madrasas. These places are a breathing ground for extremist ideology and unless we tackle this problem first and foremost the situation in country will only get worse. I personally have two very close relatives who have gone through this system and let me tell you if these so called religious schools are not dealt with soon there will be millions of ticking time bombs with ideologies that make you wonder what religious scripture they are following will be roaming the streets and the security situation in the country will continue to deteriorate.

For every terrorist that is killed there are 10 more which are produced by some of these so called schools. If our military continues to allow this to go on and pursue the same failed regional policy of 80s and mid 90s soon KPK will not be the only region where the army will be fighting these terrorists, this problem will spread throughout the country if we continue to sit back and allow the brainwashing of kids to continue in the pretext of Madrasas.

YOU CANNOT DEFEAT ANY IDEOLOGY/NARRATIVE WITH BULLETS AND STATE PUNISHMENT
DEFEAT AN IDEA WITH BETTER IDEA

Instead of wasting your efforts and yelling against religious schools think something POSITIVE. There can be more practical solutions to handle extreme ideas of our religious schools. Convince authorities of religious schools to organize seminars and interfaith / inter sect DIALOGUE and debates on quarterly basis. Increase the interaction of Universities and religious schools. Show them your perspective and counter them with LOGIC. You cant defeat any IDEA with bullets and state punishments. YOU CAN DEFEAT AN IDEA WITH BETTER IDEA. I agree that our religious schools are developing NARRATIVE closer to the TERRORIST organizations but do we have any forum to debate publicly? OR can my state convince them with better ideas?

@M.SAAD
Madrassahs provide free education, food and meals to the children who usually belong to poor families, only a few madrassahs like madrassahs run by Mullah Abdul Aziz need to be closed. Not all madrassahs are involved in terrorism and many madrassahs provide a good future free of cost to poor families whose children would be child laborers otherwise.

What!? where'd that come from?
Do they teach anything other than bent up religious *hit?

Regulating Madrissas is one step but alt of other measures need to be taken.

What are the job prospects ?

Which all company recruits them and whats the usual job profiles or designations?

What are the job prospects ?

Which all company recruits them and whats the usual job profiles or designations?

They work as regional operators of RAW. Usual job profiles is; they have to work in Mudrasshas and their job designation depends on the mudrassah.

They work as regional operators of RAW. Usual job profiles is; they have to work in Mudrasshas and their job designation depends on the mudrassah.

Im actually looking for a sensible/mature answer.

Back
Top Bottom