What's new

The number of separate state movements in India

I'm in palakkad..can we break up with kerala and join tamil nadu?mallus can take kanyakumari instead.I think it would be better for our industries to develop without trade union problems.

I'm in palakkad..can we break up with kerala and join tamil nadu?mallus can take kanyakumari instead.I think it would be better for our industries to develop without trade union problems.
Why dont we send all communist & trade union leaders for a 10 year china tour..lol

I think the smaller states are not useful as long as their own right are concerned. Small state mean less seats for that state in the central assembly.

I think the smaller states are not useful as long as their own right are concerned. Small state mean less seats for that state in the central assembly.

Its not about seats.....it never was.

Few power hungry people who see no future for themselves in a big state purposely incite the feelings of new states where they can assume power.

It may be a genuine case for some but the fact is that in most other cases it's all about grabbing power.

Aspirant states of India - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

According to Wikipedia, the aspirant states of India are:

Anga Pradesh
Telangana
Bodoland
Gorkhaland
Kodagu
Mithila
Tulu Nadu
Purvanchal
Uttara Karnatak
Vindhya Pradesh
Koshal

Miscellanea

* Andaman & Nicobar Islands
* Anga Pradesh Angika speaking state in Bihar. Angika has more than 30 Million speakers in India.[15] Angika has its own traditional script- Anga Lipi.
* Awadh state consisting of Awadhi speaking districts of central Uttar Pradesh. The population of proposed state would be approximately 5 crores (50 million people) with an area of approximately 75,000 km2 and capital at Lucknow.[2][3]
* Bhojpuri speaking state comprising Eastern Uttar Pradesh and parts of Bihar. Bhojpuri is a major language in India with over 150 million speakers and has a flourishing entertainment industry.[citation needed]
* Braj Pradesh consisting of Agra division and Aligarh division from Uttar Pradesh and districts of Bharatpur and Gwalior from Rajasthan and Madhya Pradesh. The proposed capital would be in Agra. [4] [5] So far, Braj has remained as a historical and cultural region, rather than a political entity. Language of Braj is Braj Bhasha.
* Bundelkhand, which encompasses 7 districts each from Uttar Pradesh and Madhya Pradesh. The people of this region speak a language called Bundelkhandi.[6] Population of proposed state would be around 5 crores with an area of about 60,000 km2 and possibly capital at Jhansi.[7]
* Gondwana, which would include portions of Andhra Pradesh, Chhattisgarh, Madhya Pradesh, and Maharashtra.
* Harit Pradesh in Uttar Pradesh.[16] Its estimated population would be 5 crores and area 50,000 km2.
* Karaikal, which include Karaikal district of Pondicherry, demanding UT Statehood for Karaikal which is physically lying 150 km south of Puducherry.
* Kamtapur in northern parts of West Bengal. The proposed state consists of the districts of Koch Behar, Jalpaiguri, and southern plains of Darjeeling including Siliguri city.
* Karbi Anglong in Assam.
* Mithila or Mithilanchal a Maithili speaking state. Mailthili is an Indo-Aryan language with 45 million speakers. It has its own traditional script. Mathili speaking persons in Mithila are becoming in minority; due to under-numeration,Mathili is on the second position in no of speaking persons in Mithila. Interestingly, due to over-numeration Hindi is the first and Santhali is the third most speaking language in proposed Mithila as per census of 2001.
* Rayalaseema, Andhra Pradesh
* Saurashtra, Gujarat: The demand for Saurashtra has not been very acute because the Gujaratis stand united and the same language (Gujarati) is spoken in both Saurashtra and Gujarat. Moreover, non-Sorathis believe that the cultures of both the parts are same and hence they are convinced that Saurashtra will always remain an integral part of Gujarat. But see writings of Jhaverchand Meghani.

west bengal soon to be upgrated to the status of bangladesh version 2

Nopes we dont have any plans to include Bangladesh into west bengal and call it Bangladesh collectively. They are independent and we respect their independence.

hehehehe...independence....nope they want re-organisation (bigger states split into two or more small states) within the constitution of India as Indian states...

An anlogy would be Punjab breaking and Multan,lahore becoming separate provinces but under Pakistani constitution.

still not clarified.?

Well it's clarified in such extreme patriotic manners that it would be hard for me to come up with a normal general query but never the less with or without the constitution these kind of split movements always worries one :eek:

You are welcome buddy....you are also neighbouring Coimbatore whicjh will be the capital of the new state. :lol:

No..this is not the list of number of insurgencies or the number of states that seek independence from India.

These are the number of "to-be" states that seek re-organisation based on a number of points.

List of demand for new states in India

BTW My support for Kongu Nadu - separate state within Tamil Nadu comprising of Coimbatore,Erode,Namakkal,Karur and parts of Salem,Dharmapuri. :toast_sign:
Interesting.I've heard that south tamilnadu is not getting development the way kongunad and madras region is getting.some asks for a madhurai state(covering southern regions of TN) and now there is kongunad.
I know that the culture is different in kongunad region compared to south TN especially.

Benny...the capital just like that cant be shifted to Madurai or trichy for the simple reason all the state apparatus is in place in Chennai.

it will be costly as hell to establish them again in Madurai/Trichy.

p.s: Dont complain..if I become the CM of Kongu Nadu ,i will support Kanyakumari to be given to Kerala as their Tamil is more Mallu than Malayalam itself. :P

Pls ,If you are becoming the CM of Kongu Nadu dont give kanyakumari to kerala.. but give it to Travancore.. because im supporting for a Travancore state from kerala.... and kanyakumari belongs to the former princely state of Travancore...:pop::pop::partay::partay:

Interesting.I've heard that south tamilnadu is not getting development the way kongunad and madras region is getting.some asks for a madhurai state(covering southern regions of TN) and now there is kongunad.
I know that the culture is different in kongunad region compared to south TN especially.

Dude all development that is happening in Coimbatore,Erode etc is not coming from the capital Chennai - most of it is self development due to the high economic output of the area.

But I agree that the southern region were not getting enough attention - but that too has changed now.Madurai,Trichy are all becoming advanced in the infrastructure.

I will not say the entire culture of the two regions are different given that we are all Tamils..but there is certainly some striking differences.
And ask anyone - they will tell the Kongu people are the most courteous and friendly towards outsiders among all.

Let me simply say that, I hate any kind of splits of state as this does not give option for growth but always increase burden on Central government for building new capital, Court, Judicials, Administration, RTO and renaming millions of official names and documents. This money can be used to build/develop new/existing cities. I have already seen that Uttarakhand, Chhattisgarh and Jharkhand did not do anything better (not major) when they were separated. Hence my thumbs down for all such movements.

Back
Top Bottom