What's new

The new war epic film is a masterpiece ''The battle at lake Changjin''

Are you dumb? Having a powerful entertainment industry that has global appeal is one of the greatest levers of power that one can have. Why do you think the Jews are always obsessed about controlling all forms of media? Because that is one of the most effective ways to get people on your side.

Currently, China is suffering from an incredible deficit in this regards. Your mentality is a perfect example of this. Because of this, the US media has been able to turn entire societies anti-China even when it goes against their own interest to be so fervently anti-China, take Australia for example. China's media has no global presence and no global appeal and this has made China defenseless against all sorts of allegations and attacks, even those that are fabricated.
There you go again, thinking whatever the Jews do China must copy becoz the Jews strategy is the best. In a real war soft power has no meaning.

The gaming industry is one area where Chinese soft power has made some headway. But IMO, it is not influential enough. Maybe only among nerdy gamers and weebs, but nowhere near the immense power of Korean pop culture which has created a huge fan base where people are actually interested in the individuals and personalities unlike in gaming and anime, where you just have a bunch of creepy weebs and dorks who want a waifu pillow. This is why I don't consider Japan's influential very helpful to the Asian cause while Korea has advanced the attractiveness of Asian people and Asian men in particular by leaps and bounds. If China wants its people humanized and wants foreigners to be interested in its society, it should follow Korea's example with a powerful movie industry, pop music industry and drama industry.

I'll do you one better: in pro gaming, people actually get to talk to streamers like Uzi and Doublelift. Uzi barely even speaks English and people still watch him play.

Who gets to talk to Kpop idols?

Same with Chinese weightlifters. When they stream their training sessions and do interviews people get to see them as human.

I don't think you know our position. Right now the propaganda isn't that Chinese are short or ugly or whatever. It's Chinese are untermensch. It's Nazi Germany style propaganda. Read literally one second of Indian comments on a certain Indian site.. They throw around racial slurs like candy.

First you have to prove you are human and that's what gaming does. If you're beautiful, strong etc but not even seen as human... Well, look what happened to lions.

There you go again, thinking whatever the Jews do China must copy becoz the Jews strategy is the best. In a real war soft power has no meaning.

Soft power is one of the most important levers of power. Obviously hard power is the most important but soft power allows you to gain influence and gain friends more easily.
I'll do you one better: in pro gaming, people actually get to talk to streamers like Uzi and Doublelift. Uzi barely even speaks English and people still watch him play.

Who gets to talk to Kpop idols?

Same with Chinese weightlifters. When they stream their training sessions and do interviews people get to see them as human.

I don't think you know our position. Right now the propaganda isn't that Chinese are short or ugly or whatever. It's Chinese are untermensch. It's Nazi Germany style propaganda. Read literally one second of Indian comments on a certain Indian site.. They throw around racial slurs like candy.

First you have to prove you are human and that's what gaming does. If you're beautiful, strong etc but not even seen as human... Well, look what happened to lions.

I am not saying that having a good gaming presence is not good. It's better than nothing. But obviously it has barely dented the propaganda that is currently being spread by the Zionist controlled media against the Chinese people, so obviously it isn't working that effectively. You cannot even remotely compare the influence of a few Chinese olympians and a few gamers with the image building power of BTS, Black Pink, The Squid Games and Korea's overall pop culture. They literally have crazy, fanatic fan armies in every corner of the globe throwing their panties at them. China's soft power is pitiful in comparison to Korea's.

OK, so in case anybody missed it I will post it again.

1. China soft power now a lot stronger than a few years ago, gaining by stealth thru companies like Tencent, Mihoyo, etc.
2. Most Westerners hate on this epic Korean war movie starring Wu Jing/Jackson Yee. They think China should be wimpy and project soft power thru such works. Tough luck for them.
3. All Western nerds have heard of Wei Wuxian and he's just as popular as Pokemon or Naruto (a poster on pg 2 even posted proof that Wei Wuxian anime is the top streaming show u come across on any illegal Western website).
4. All female Western nerds have a crush for Wei Wuxian drama/live action version starring Xiao Zhan. This one particularly dangerous becoz Avatar only made a billion dollars thru female word of mouth. This the channel that gives China soft power the most boost!

OK, so in case anybody missed it I will post it again.

1. China soft power now a lot stronger than a few years ago, gaining by stealth thru companies like Tencent, Mihoyo, etc.
2. Most Westerners hate on this epic Korean war movie starring Wu Jing/Jackson Yee. They think China should be wimpy and project soft power thru such works. Tough luck for them.
3. All Western nerds have heard of Wei Wuxian and he's just as popular as Pokemon or Naruto (a poster on pg 2 even posted proof that Wei Wuxian anime is the top streaming show u come across on any illegal Western website).
4. All female Western nerds have a crush for Wei Wuxian drama/live action version starring Xiao Zhan. This one particularly dangerous becoz Avatar only made a billion dollars thru female word of mouth. This the channel that gives China soft power the most boost!

First of all, I never said anything bad about the movie itself. I understand why it is being made and it is for domestic consumption. My point is that if China wants to build soft power, it needs to be able to build media that can be universally attractive. Gaming is one area where it has made headway but it has a long way to go.

Secondly, you are way overestimating the popularity of Wei Wuxian. You might be a fan and you think its huge, but it isn't. Comparing it to Pokemon is laughable.

First of all, I never said anything bad about the movie itself. I understand why it is being made and it is for domestic consumption. My point is that if China wants to build soft power, it needs to be able to build media that can be universally attractive. Gaming is one area where it has made headway but it has a long way to go.

Secondly, you are way overestimating the popularity of Wei Wuxian. You might be a fan and you think its huge, but it isn't. Comparing it to Pokemon is laughable.
Proof that u r not a nerd. For nerds Wei Wuxian>>>>>>>>Pokemon/Naruto.

Proof that u r not a nerd. For nerds Wei Wuxian>>>>>>>>Pokemon/Naruto.

Yes, I'm not a nerd. I've heard of Genshin Impact. Never heard of Wei Wuxian. But again, appealing to the nerd demographics has a huge limit. That's why Japan's soft power has been eclipsed by Korea's.
China falls behind when you stack it up against korea or Japan in the mentioned "soft power, communication and image building" but always China naturally had influential soft-power simply for being China,due to it's ancient culture and history ,challenge is to keep presenting the appeal to the world from one generation to the next.China is still developing nation Korea & Japan are developed,may be Chinese soft power will peak when it also gets developed ,which is a some time still considering the humongous 1.4b population and ageing on top of that.

Focus on a domestic audience isn't a negative,as long as the quality is improved,people will consume chinese content because it's chinese ,they already have American content at home. Quality products always have its appeal whether in China or any nation in the earth. But they have to also let the world know that quality stuff is being produced therein,otherwise, people wouldn't notice.Considering global audience is good imo ,in the context that it will make the involved staff strive for higher quality fit for global standard and dual-income from local and abroad.Censorship is indeed a burden but may be china considers ,it's worth the social effect in maintaining order.

China is indeed improving ,drama-animation-comics-games.
For example :meteor garden is easily in top 10 most popular drama on any site .

In animes you have Click Link ranking 23 in MAL, the cult favourite.
View attachment 784015
In illustration works Tales of Demons & Gods is always in the top sections of any free/paid website.

Genshin impact being one of most popular game globally,is standardizing chinese aspect in where japan was the sole representative.

China has more promise in anime & games ,since they have more experiece in this regard due to collaboration with japanese and western experts.Japan has long outsourced anime production to China,that has created a fair crop of talents.
China should find its own color and improve quality of their contents.

Do you know korean drama? anime? or even martial arts movie? the selling point is the culture .

Unless you live under a rock and out of loop,one should realize, unlike 20 years ago when the backstreet boys were the posterboys ,now it's BTS. Them being non-English, their core attraction is physiognomy,their visual, and of course the inherent personality.They are not a stand-alone.While Hollywood enjoys significant global clout due to history,expertise and English being global medium,the korean ,Chinese,Japanese celebs has the biggest fandom . People might watch Hollywood celebs like breathing but most of them actually stans Korean,Japanese or even Chinese celebs. East asian face is scientifically more amiable,it invokes the protective desires,while Hollywood actors /actress looks handsome and beautifu,Korean celebs looks ethereal and close to perfection, no unnecessary angles on face ,like a character cut out of an anime or manga .None ever superimposed such pure physiognomic appeal on that scale in competition.

You might not have any idea ,but as we type it's no.1 in MAL currently airing animes

View attachment 784008

So,it's not like that's nothing, the live action drama is equally popular if not more , it's a yaoi,so I have no interest personally,but"the untamed" is very popular among females,any female that has a thing for BL (which is like hundreds of millions,are probably is into this .

China's large cities are now basically as developed as most developed countries. In fact, they are more dynamic and modern in many ways. The population of those cities combined is more than the US so I think China's development status at this point is not what is holding it back. I think the main things holding it back are political first and foremost, and cultural, secondly.

But yes, Genshin Impact has made significant headway.

You cannot even remotely compare the influence of a few Chinese olympians and a few gamers with the image building power of BTS, Black Pink, The Squid Games and Korea's overall pop culture. They literally have crazy, fanatic fan armies in every corner of the globe throwing their panties at them. China's soft power is pitiful in comparison to Korea's.

Like I said South Korean level soft power is impossible, not because of anything China is doing or not doings but because Chinese worldwide are facing a dehumanization campaign like Nazi Germany or Hutu Rwanda. I strongly recommend you read about Rwanda.

The #1 priority for Chinese soft power is to prove we are human and capable of positive action. Anything else is a luxury and may well backfire.

Like I said South Korean level soft power is impossible, not because of anything China is doing or not doings but because Chinese worldwide are facing a dehumanization campaign like Nazi Germany or Hutu Rwanda. I strongly recommend you read about Rwanda.

The #1 priority for Chinese soft power is to prove we are human and capable of positive action. Anything else is a luxury and may well backfire.

I disagree. It might be impossible in the Anglo countries where the bulk of anti-China hysteria is coming from. But certainly possible in many parts of Europe, the Middle East, Asia, Latin America, Africa for China to spread the popularity of its pop culture. It just needs pop culture that has a more universally attractive bent.

The gaming industry is one area where Chinese soft power has made some headway. But IMO, it is not influential enough. Maybe only among nerdy gamers and weebs, but nowhere near the immense power of Korean pop culture which has created a huge fan base where people are actually interested in the individuals and personalities unlike in gaming and anime, where you just have a bunch of creepy weebs and dorks who want a waifu pillow. This is why I don't consider Japan's influential very helpful to the Asian cause while Korea has advanced the attractiveness of Asian people and Asian men in particular by leaps and bounds. If China wants its people humanized and wants foreigners to be interested in its society, it should follow Korea's example with a powerful movie industry, pop music industry and drama industry.

The Movie Parasite winning best picture, the viral sensation of Gungnam style and the recent success of the series Squid game on Netflix, as their number 1 non-English show in the world. Korean industry is one to study and emulate for global influence it seems.

This Chinese movie seems directed at the Chinese population. If it gets viewers outside of China then it’s a plus, but not really the intended audience. This seems to be the Chinese equivalent of Saving Private Ryan; a movie meant to rally the home front population.

Last edited:
China falls behind when you stack it up against korea or Japan in the mentioned "soft power, communication and image building" but always China naturally had influential soft-power simply for being China,due to it's ancient culture and history ,challenge is to keep presenting the appeal to the world from one generation to the next.China is still developing nation Korea & Japan are developed,may be Chinese soft power will peak when it also gets developed ,which is a some time still considering the humongous 1.4b population and ageing on top of that.

Focus on a domestic audience isn't a negative,as long as the quality is improved,people will consume chinese content because it's chinese ,they already have American content at home. Quality products always have its appeal whether in China or any nation in the earth. But they have to also let the world know that quality stuff is being produced therein,otherwise, people wouldn't notice.Considering global audience is good imo ,in the context that it will make the involved staff strive for higher quality fit for global standard and dual-income from local and abroad.Censorship is indeed a burden but may be china considers ,it's worth the social effect in maintaining order.

China is indeed improving ,drama-animation-comics-games.
For example :meteor garden is easily in top 10 most popular drama on any site .

In animes you have Click Link ranking 23 in MAL, the cult favourite.
View attachment 784015
In illustration works Tales of Demons & Gods is always in the top sections of any free/paid website.

Genshin impact being one of most popular game globally,is standardizing chinese aspect in where japan was the sole representative.

China has more promise in anime & games ,since they have more experiece in this regard due to collaboration with japanese and western experts.Japan has long outsourced anime production to China,that has created a fair crop of talents.
China should find its own color and improve quality of their contents.

Do you know korean drama? anime? or even martial arts movie? the selling point is the culture .

Unless you live under a rock and out of loop,one should realize, unlike 20 years ago when the backstreet boys were the posterboys ,now it's BTS. Them being non-English, their core attraction is physiognomy,their visual, and of course the inherent personality.They are not a stand-alone.While Hollywood enjoys significant global clout due to history,expertise and English being global medium,the korean ,Chinese,Japanese celebs has the biggest fandom . People might watch Hollywood celebs like breathing but most of them actually stans Korean,Japanese or even Chinese celebs. East asian face is scientifically more amiable,it invokes the protective desires,while Hollywood actors /actress looks handsome and beautifu,Korean celebs looks ethereal and close to perfection, no unnecessary angles on face ,like a character cut out of an anime or manga .None ever superimposed such pure physiognomic appeal on that scale in competition.

You might not have any idea ,but as we type it's no.1 in MAL currently airing animes

View attachment 784008

So,it's not like that's nothing, the live action drama is equally popular if not more , it's a yaoi,so I have no interest personally,but"the untamed" is very popular among females,any female that has a thing for BL (which is like hundreds of millions,are probably is into this .

I must disappoint you. It plays almost zero role in europe.

I must disappoint you. It plays almost zero role in europe.
You’re talking about kpop? There are tons of Kpop fans in Europe. I know some Asian guy friends who told me they easily got dates there because there were so many koreaboos. Maybe you don’t see it because you’re not interested in it but I think kpop is more influential in Europe than in the US even.

As for tencent, any European gamer would have played their games as they are literally the biggest gaming company.
The Movie Parasite winning best picture, the viral sensation of Gungnam style and the recent success of the series Squid game on Netflix, as their number 1 non-English show in the world. Korean industry is one to study and emulate for global influence it seems.

This Chinese movie seems directed at the Chinese population. If it gets viewers outside of China then it’s a plus, but not really the intended audience. This seems to be the Chinese equivalent of Saving Private Ryan; a movie meant to rally the home front population.

True. China’s huge domestic market is both a plus and minus.

You dont need to ban it here in europe. Nobody watchs such ridicolous propaganda rubbish over here.

Right now Dune is shown in cinema here. Thats what people want see.

Looking forward to checking out Dune.

You’re talking about kpop? There are tons of Kpop fans in Europe. I know some Asian guy friends who told me they easily got dates there because there were so many koreaboos. Maybe you don’t see it because you’re not interested in it but I think kpop is more influential in Europe than in the US even.

As for tencent, any European gamer would have played their games as they are literally the biggest gaming company.

True. China’s huge domestic market is both a plus and minus.
I don't know much about entertainment. I think you exaggerated Kpop influence. I can't recall any Korean song published in recent 5 years, except the gannan style. But I know many English songs. I think this is because Kpop is fast food culture. Be accepted fast and be forgotten fast.

I don't know much about entertainment. I think you exaggerated Kpop influence. I can't recall any Korean song published in recent 5 years, except the gannan style. But I know many English songs. I think this is because Kpop is fast food culture. Be accepted fast and be forgotten fast.
Kpop revolutionized the Asian image globally. BTS and Blackpink are among the most popular musical groups today. These are undeniable facts.

Back
Top Bottom