What's new

The Need of Sino-Japanese Correspondence in the 21st Century: Is there an Empirical Validation ?

Interesting thought, but the situation is more complicated so it might not work that simple.

About EU, there's one very important factor - US provision of security umbrella to all its members including Germany after WWII - and this makes integration easier for all members despite all their differences. Russia is isolated out of the picture, Pax America.

Now take a look at the Asia Pacific, and imagine there is no PRC, then it would be another EU right? Japan the leader country, Korea and TW as equal partners, then so on and so forth. So again, Pax America.

But the reality is China is in it. Biz-wise it's not out of the picture like Russia, rather it engages deep trade ties with all members of this region. Security-wise it's not like Germany, China's has its own geopolitical plans. So China is Russia + Germany? Or what is it? Sinosphere is more complicated than it seems, don't leave out the US factor. So the EU way (even with the magic formula you suggested) can't apply.

Further more on your magic formula, addition of India, doesn't solve the problem. I don't undermine India's weight, I do appreciate them as an important country, but the China to India weight ratio is a lot different from the Germany to UK weight ratio. Also, bringing India alone into the picture is incomplete, you should consider bringing the whole S Asia into this. But then I think the whole big game is so complicated that at least I can't figure out how to play with, worth exploring though.

Its an interesting and worthy point of conjecture tho -- to consider the plausibility of greater integration of South Asian - ASEAN - East Asia. Definitely would require us to read more into its strategic depth.

Its an interesting and worthy point of conjecture tho -- to consider the plausibility of greater integration of South Asian - ASEAN - East Asia. Definitely would require us to read more into its strategic depth.

Yup let's play.

I wonder even the greatest geopolitical strategist, e.g. Henry Kissinger, would be left clueless with today's mess.

Even we might not have the solution, maybe we can inspire the next. And that's what forum are supposed to be, offer ideas for a change? :coffee:

n-xihistory-a-20150524-870x513.jpg

AJ201505240019M.jpg

China's Xi offers hand in friendship toward visiting Japanese delegation - AJW by The Asahi Shimbun

Despite all the differences, it is a good progress!

Nationalistic sentiments rising is but a natural aspect for politics, and tapping into this so called political economy is necessary for politicians to gain the necessary voting constituency. We have to be mature enough to understand these processes and that in the end of the day, the goal is to further mutually beneficial trade agreements seamlessly. But I do agree with you buddy --- its important to be level headed in making multifaceted analyses.

We musn't be too quick to make generalizations ---- especially when in dealing with the multidimensional relationship between Japan and China.

Our sentiments must always be kept in check.

well, its good reading such a nice article. But i hate to act as spoiler, since most of(if not all) the comments on here was largely positive towards each other bar Viet post.

However, we need to come back to reality...I don't see any China-Japan partnership/cooperation anytime soon, not for a longgggggg time. The level of hate they have for each other is too high, similar to Koreans towards Japan and vice versa.

The island issues/disputes makes matter even worse, and there is no visible solution in sight. So this brings in even more emotions when the territorial disputes flares up. Moreover most Asians will still rather have the U.S or even a Western country being the dominant power in Asia, since we dont have any territorial issues with any country in the region, and they still have a largely postive view of us than their neighbours/rival countries. Don't get me wrong, im not trying to be a white supremacists or whatever, im just making a point/saying what i have noticed during my many journeys/stay in Asia.

As for the saying that China rise is peaceful and would be considered as such, with all due respect this is simply naive and laughable.:lol: China may have as priority economic development(which i think they truly have for now) over military adventures or whatever, But that doesn't means they wouldn't be contained by the U.S/west or even Japan. Every rising power will always find the established power(in this case the U.S) on its way. Of course its normal, why would i cede my number 1 position to you without a fight/effort? I will try as much to slow you/bring you down as much as i can, using any means, it doesn't matter how dirty/illegal those means might be as far my objectives are met.

Its not just a China thing, its been the case for decades/centuries and will keep being the case in the coming years/decades. My country did it with the rise of Germany twice(which ended in a disastrous war for us and the world, benefiting only the U.S at the end.:close_tema::D), we and France also fought for colonies all over the world,The U.S did same with the Soviet Union/U.S.S.R until it collapsed:enjoy:, the U.S even tried to do same with Japan when the yellow peril from the east was 'rising' and 'wanted to take over the world' during the 70s and 80s. So with China it won't be any different, im sure even Japan won't be happy to see China dominating Asia, so it will also try and do what it can to deny it this by any means it can. Even when/if India, Turkey, Brazil etc becomes too big and powerful tomorrow like China is then believe me U.S will also treat them the same way. It has nothing to do about democracy/allies/partners or whatever. It has to do with interests and supremacy. So don't expect everything to be merry like on this article.lol I cant say it enough, geo politics is never clean, its a dirty game, you just have to know how to play it.:D So don't expect all major powers to share resources together and live happily ever after.:lol:
During the 1970,1980 and 1990’s, some times the relationship between China and Japan were very good, but because the historical problems between the our two countries, this good relationship can very easily become bad, in China, the people follows the government and media very closely, when our government sees it’s good for the national interests to have a good relationship with Japan, then the good relationship can be cultivated very fast.

Maybe ccp needs to stop the nationalist factions in the party they being too facist about things that break relations with people

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom