What's new

The Most Successful Pakistani Interdiction Strike in the 1971 Indo-Pak War

dexter

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan

Pakistan Air Force flew a rather small number of interdiction strikes beyond the line of battle in the 1971 War. Their premium fighter, Mirage III flew only one such sortie. Four Mirages led by Wng Cdr Hakimullah Khan Durrani were initially scheduled to attack Bhangala railway station but they found no rolling stock there. They continued south and found a real surprise at the nearby Mukerian station.

Main source:
- Kaiser Tufail - Against All Odds: The Pakistan Air Force in the 1971 Indo-Pakistan War https://amzn.to/42R4IVr

I have a reproduction of the painting made by G/C Hussaini. He personally signed it for my father. He is a fellow ADWC comrade.

IMG_3461.jpeg

Last edited:
Question is has PAF learnt a lesson from this. Our airforce is primed foe airdefence and to fight on home ground.
But attacking vital targets deep inside enemy territory be it by fighter bombers drones of missiles is vital

Loved that animation video. I think this time any interdiction carried out by PAF will be exponentially high in quantum and quality as compared to 1971. We are being equipped with all the platforms one can imagine creating havoc for the enemy.

Loved that animation video. I think this time any interdiction carried out by PAF will be exponentially high in quantum and quality as compared to 1971. We are being equipped with all the platforms one can imagine creating havoc for the enemy.
The question is how long can they hold out, especially when they lack resources to stretch a war and are short on strategic depth

Question is has PAF learnt a lesson from this. Our airforce is primed foe airdefence and to fight on home ground.
But attacking vital targets deep inside enemy territory be it by fighter bombers drones of missiles is vital
The airforce guys are not like the army, they do their job, prepare for every possible threat and scenario, they are best at their craft, doing that is piece of cake for them, why?, because they are not busying fucking the constitution.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom