What's new

The Moral Collapse and gradual break down of American/Western Society

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats what ! From what i have seen/read/observed the rate of divorce is relatively high in US.

Although family per se has no direct bearing on happiness but IMO it does have a role in making oneself feel stable which in turn enable him/her to enjoy other nuances of life better which may contribute to happiness.. This is just an opinion.

It take a whole village to raise a child, right? May be overall society can try to be supportive to reduce the impact of reduction in nuclear families?

It take a whole village to raise a child, right?

I didn't get it .. ! All I was stating was, the lack of a "family tradition" seems to be in the back burner for them. I am referring to family. Nowhere I mentioned joint or nuclear family.

BS.

European culture comes from India, not the other way round.

Your religion is a morphed form of Judaism, a religion born in Middle eastern deserts created by Arabs.

are you kidding me? the most oldest cave paintings in europe are 45.000 years old. India was not even settled back then. People came from africa, settled europe and then asia. Thats a simple fact.

Black girls spread more? And yes, Tyra Banks show, your first post contained a link to the article, coincidentally it's a different survey than the one you linked now.

Tyra ‘shocked’ by risky teen sex - Parenting & Family - TODAY.com

Where is proof that all teenagers go drive drunk? Where is proof that what they are smoking isn't legally obtained "bath salt" or "herbal incense"? And for all the drunk drivers you speak of, all i saw were soft drinks, beer and maybe a cider. And cigar's and cigarettes.

When you move on from teenage morality, consider what happens in colleges, spring breaks ( Remember Fox news interviewing drunk college students?). We are discussing overall morality. If somehow they preserve their morality in teenage, as soon as they reach 18, morality goes down the drain. There are many different ways of having fun by still retaining your morality.

Last edited:
I agree with everything you said, except that this thread isn't about the country you are talking about (which ever country it is).

Thank you, come again! :disagree:
Am only providing a comparison, which is sorely needed when the US is an immigration goal for many. Surely it is your mission in life to save as many as possible from American immorality, no ?

Having perused information about the worldwide incidence of sexual assaults, it is evident that certain countries have very low rates in comparison to USA and Sweden. Further inquiry resulted in useful information that USA could use to reduce the incidence of such horrible crimes:

1. Redefine sexual assault to exclude rape by husbands and live-in partners. After all, they have the legal or moral right to their wives and partners, right?

2. Insist on four witnesses to the alleged rape, failing which, the woman will be charged with lascivious assault herself. After all, female testimony cannot be as reliable as that of males, right?

3. Leering or making rude comments shall be accepted as exercise of free speech. Fondling scrotums in public while doing so shall be accepted as normal practice due to the hot weather.

There you go, USA's problems will be greatly reduced in a few simple steps. :D

Am only providing a comparison, which is sorely needed when the US is an immigration goal for many. Surely it is your mission in life to save as many as possible from American immorality, no ?

Compare USA to other industrialized nations. You fare poorly

Having perused information about the worldwide incidence of sexual assaults, it is evident that certain countries have very low rates in comparison to USA and Sweden. Further inquiry resulted in useful information that USA could use to reduce the incidence of such horrible crimes:

1. Redefine sexual assault to exclude rape by husbands and live-in partners. After all, they have the legal or moral right to their wives and partners, right?

2. Insist on four witnesses to the alleged rape, failing which, the woman will be charged with lascivious assault herself. After all, female testimony cannot be as reliable as that of males, right?

3. Leering or making rude comments shall be accepted as exercise of free speech. Fondling scrotums in public while doing so shall be accepted as normal practice due to the hot weather.

There you go, USA's problems will be greatly reduced in a few simple steps. :D

That dripping sarcasm :rofl: :rofl:

America doesn't need to be worried about no damn moral breakdown, the problem that is threatening USA right now is its increasingly uneducated/undereducated youth, increasingly lazy labor force, lack of interest in science, engineering, etc among its youth.

Also, still fighting about abortion laws, and contraceptive, what are you? a Mullah?
Mullahs and U.S. conservatives share many similar values and both group are equally idiot.

America doesn't need to be worried about no damn moral breakdown, the problem that is threatening USA right now is its increasingly uneducated/undereducated youth, increasingly lazy labor force, lack of interest in science, engineering, etc among its youth.

Also, still fighting about abortion laws, and contraceptive, what are you? a Mullah?
Mullahs and U.S. conservatives share many similar values and both group are equally idiot.

Certainly there is an abundance of issues with morality, ethics, and education.

Unfortunately there will always be elements of society whether they be white, black, or whatever who choose to go down the wrong path.

Maybe some people are just "born" delinquents.

Maybe some do it because they feel they are not "smart enough" to "make it" in today's world. So they give up and go on welfare.

Maybe it's a money issue. Maybe some towns and their residents are misers and could care less about education so they refuse to pay the needed taxes and thus raise a generation of dopey kids.

It could be as someone mentioned too many dual income parents not keeping an eye on their kids. Or divorce causing a skew in a young person's mindset.

Certainly there is a cause and effect.

Fact: 76% of all statistics on the internet are completely fabricated.

Compare USA to other industrialized nations. You fare poorly
Look at it this way...

For a Briton, given a choice between the US and Britain, he would chose Britain. Not because his life would be any significantly less qualitative in terms of physical comforts and legal rights, but because Britain is more socially and culturally agreeable with him. What about a Texan or a New Yorker ? Of course either would chose the US and of course either would do so because of culture and less of issues like physical comforts or legal rights. I use physical comforts and legal rights as limited examples. There are more but am sure you are smart enough to infer what I am talking about.

Now...For the woman who was stoned to death by her relatives...

Pregnant Pakistani woman stoned to death by her family
LAHORE, Pakistan (AP) — A pregnant woman was stoned to death by her own family in front of a Pakistani high court on Tuesday for marrying the man she loved.
If given a choice between the US or Britain, which would she chose ?

Both the US and Britain have similar immoralities relating to the article posted here. Drugs, premarital sex, inadequate schooling, and on and on...

So if all the choices this woman have are the US and Britain, where would she go ?

Let me guess, she would chose neither because she is shocked at the drugs, premarital sex and poor education her child would be victim to, right ?

Yah...:rolleyes:

I don't know why I said equally idiot, should have said equally stupid. Meh.

If you define the definition of the "American Dream" as a stay-at-home wife, a beautiful house in a nice town with a car and 2.5 kids and a dog then that may simply be out of reach for many people.

Not everyone is going to be successful enough to pull that off. Maybe in the strive for people to achieve this goal their kids get the short end. Who knows.

Certainly the pressure is there. Maybe the parents complain all day about it and the kids turn to some kind of delinquent activity to shut it out. Who knows.

I think people also are hesitant to move.
For instance if you are complaining about low wages in a McDonald's in NYC then you are living in the wrong place. Move to someplace you can afford to live. But it could be a chicken and egg scenario where you don't even have the money to float yourself while you look for a new place to move.

I guess I (or we) she consider ourselves lucky.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom