What's new

THE "MOON"...Ah, the moon!!!

Moon is merely a test platform for the next generation who are going for intra-planetary travels. Space is wrought with unknown dangers and moon landings help in creating dependable technology for doing the same. Unmanned missions lead to manned missions once the technology becomes dependable.

Long range ultra fast communications, materials that can sustain high and low levels of temperatures, growing vegetation in hostile environments, design automated systems that can look after well being of human beings without the intervention of other human beings, create means of producing and storing energy that is safe and sustainable for human beings and there are hundreds of other things which I can easily list out..

Its called investing in future.

Space is useless.

This duniya is just a temporary place for us. We should focus on our people.

Just a way to waste money.
Are you really an Indian national? If anything is Indian, you oppose and ridicule it just because it is Indian.

Moon is merely a test platform for the next generation who are going for intra-planetary travels. Space is wrought with unknown dangers and moon landings help in creating dependable technology for doing the same. Unmanned missions lead to manned missions once the technology becomes dependable.

Long range ultra fast communications, materials that can sustain high and low levels of temperatures, growing vegetation in hostile environments, design automated systems that can look after well being of human beings without the intervention of other human beings, create means of producing and storing energy that is safe and sustainable for human beings and there are hundreds of other things which I can easily list out..

Its called investing in future.
ok lemme break it down to you in easy terms that even an indian can understand:

you have $1 million. you have two problems in front of you:
1. curing cancer with 50/50 chances of success
2. going to the moon with 50/50 chances of success

which option would you choose to spend the $1 million on that would have the greatest benefit for humanity? Just replace cancer with some other disease a loved one of yours may have and THEN ask yourself the question, where would you rather the government spend that $1 million...I have an indian coworker whose father is suffering from Alzheimer's in india, his first comment on the moon failure was that the rs 900 million would've been better spend trying to find the cure for alzhiermer's. your gonna say to his face that it was better spent on this useless mission that ended up crashing & burning anyway?

Are you really an Indian national? If anything is Indian, you oppose and ridicule it just because it is Indian.
so, unless he tows the national braindead line, he isn't an indian? :lol:

@AfrazulMandal man, you should hang your head in shame for using your mind...how dare you not be braindead like the rest of the bhakts! :happy:

@AfrazulMandal man, you should hang your head in shame for using your mind...how dare you not be braindead like the rest of the bhakts! :happy:
You don't get it. Had a similar thing been done by Pakistan or any other Muslim country @AfrazulMandal would have praised and defended it. For @AfrazulMandal it's not about what is being done. It's about who is doing it.

You don't get it. Had a similar thing been done by Pakistan or any other Muslim country @AfrazulMandal would have praised and defended it. For @AfrazulMandal it's not about what is being done. It's about who is doing it.
I do get it. I dunno about @AfrazulMandal but I would've raised the same alarms even if Pakistan had successfully landed on the moon & came back. Why the hell isn't that money being used to fix problems on earth, in our own countries? if the issue is that those funds would've been laundered up by indian politicians then shouldn't the logical & natural solution be that you REPLACE those politicians instead of wasting those funds on a failed moon mission? I mean...DUH!

if the issue is that those funds would've been laundered up by indian politicians then shouldn't the logical & natural solution be that you REPLACE those politicians instead of wasting those funds on a failed moon mission? I mean...DUH!
Do that in Pakistan first. Teach by example.

been over 50 years exploring space yar and all the "resources" we got was a few rocks from the moon that give us NOTHING! is it REALLY worth spending the finances on when those same finances would produce ENORMOUS results in curing diseases and other problems on earth??? dude come on, we won't be seeing resources like minerals & energy coming from mars and other planets even in our grand children's life times...
Indians are there to dig rear moon minerals for the warp drive that will take them to Alpha Centauri

Do that in Pakistan first. Teach by example.
but we aren't wasting valuable resources on useless endeavors now are we? unlike india that has a mountain of problems...at least other countries that succeeded in reaching the moon successfully don't have widespread poverty and other problems. what's your excuse?

ok lemme break it down to you in easy terms that even an indian can understand:

you have $1 million. you have two problems in front of you:
1. curing cancer with 50/50 chances of success
2. going to the moon with 50/50 chances of success

which option would you choose to spend the $1 million on that would have the greatest benefit for humanity? Just replace cancer with some other disease a loved one of yours may have and THEN ask yourself the question, where would you rather the government spend that $1 million...I have an indian coworker whose father is suffering from Alzheimer's in india, his first comment on the moon failure was that the rs 900 million would've been better spend trying to find the cure for alzhiermer's. your gonna say to his face that it was better spent on this useless mission that ended up crashing & burning anyway?

May be because I don't pray to monkeys?

I love my nation.

the 5000 year old 'civilisation' ? Not so much.

I would contend that your contention is simply not accurate.
In general?

Or just in this particular instance of a nation spending billions on a space program while a good portion of the population is poor?

In general?

Or just in this particular instance of a nation spending billions on a space program while a good portion of the population is poor?
man, even in the united states, a good, half of the country has NO health insurance for God's sakes...ya THINK those hundreds of billions of dollars on trying see if mars has water can be spent here in providing its own people with the very basics of health care??? I mean, come on...just takes two braincells to figure this one out!

but we aren't wasting valuable resources on useless endeavors now are we? unlike india that has a mountain of problems...at least other countries that succeeded in reaching the moon successfully don't have widespread poverty and other problems. what's your excuse?
Your logic is a poor man should not entertain any luxury through out his life unless and until he comes out of poverty..right ?

Your logic is a poor man should not entertain any luxury through out his life unless and until he comes out of poverty..right ?
nope. read my post again. explain ONE thing that even the extremely rich u.s. and China got out of going to the moon? JUST ONE TINSY WINSY LITTLE THING!

Back
Top Bottom