What's new

The last US nail in Sheikh Hasina's coffin

Bilal9

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Bangladesh
The latest in a long line of videos by Pinaki. But I think this one paints a very accurate picture. Judge for yourselves.

Sorry Bengali only....

If it's fall upon military, then there must be military takeover! Only in this way a successful national unity Govt is possible under Dr Muhammad Younus!

I would support an unity govt under Dr Younus, however although I have often ranted against BAL and said the military must take over.... but i would pause here in all seriousness.

I am a democrat and as such can not support a military takeover. Is BAL anti-democratic, absolutely however they were put there by the people and probably commands 15-20% support in BD.

By contrast military has no capacity or skillset to govern. Their entire career is composed of mostly not doing anything productive at all. They are not the right people to govern.

There must be free and fair election under a caretaker govt and let the peoples will bw done

I would support an unity govt under Dr Younus, however although I have often ranted against BAL and said the military must take over.... but i would pause here in all seriousness.

I am a democrat and as such can not support a military takeover. Is BAL anti-democratic, absolutely however they were put there by the people and probably commands 15-20% support in BD.

By contrast military has no capacity or skillset to govern. Their entire career is composed of mostly not doing anything productive at all. They are not the right people to govern.

There must be free and fair election under a caretaker govt and let the peoples will bw done
It's called a cool down period, be it by military takeover or directly by American pressure, it's necessary to revive democracy in future; a pure form of democracy!

We also have to rewrite constitution! Now there is no atmosphere of free and fair election, this regime ruined everything!

So in order to revive democracy, cool down period is necessary! I also wish military takeover won't happen, because it will leave a question mark on the whole process; as the result of 1/11 was the establishment of the fascist regime!

So I want indirect intervention of military pressure and civilian administration to form a caretaker/national unity govt where Dr Younus will be the head , and all party's shall have representatives!

(Police also must not help the regime to arrange another rigged election,if they don't want to get visa restrictions , finally if nothing works , military intervention should be the last resort; not to rule the country but if anarchy started they will save the country by ousting the regime)

And later after 5-10 years we can have free and fair election!

BAL might still have 15-20 % followers, bit if you take in consideration, i would say democracy isn't democracy at all , because actually you are ignoring the majority!

Like in 1991 BNP formed govt with 30% vote, that means 70% didn't want them in power!

Erdogan again elected and got some 52.5% votes , so rest 47.5 % didn't want him!

So the whole process is flawed , specially FPTP system is horrible!

However nothing is perfect, still we want a non partisan rule for fee years in order to make political parties public friendly ( even if you have to use force that's fine) and then can arrange a free and fair election; at least we can create the atmosphere!

Then after changing/reforming system, we can get a better democracy system that works in country like Bangladesh!

At least if we can't remove the fascist regime, Bangladesh will turn to north korea woth a bad dictator family!

So indeed at any cost we want to create an atmosphere of a free a fair election , if we truly want freedom of people!

Ps - However the proposition is strictly based on my personal understanding , and there should be much better way to do this!

So wise people may choose what to do!

Last edited:

Like @VikingRaider bhai said, the takeover by the military (if it even happens in Bangladesh) will be very temporary.

Military's job is to defend the country, not run it from day to day. They are ill-equipped to do so.

However at this time, their involvement has become sort of necessary. They will just stand behind the CTG - if that returns, and ensure stability and discipline.

They will also probably ensure that long-neglected defense purchases will take place (especially on Air Force side).

All this is just speculation of course.

Like @VikingRaider bhai said, the takeover by the military (if it even happens in Bangladesh) will be very temporary.

Military's job is to defend the country, not run it from day to day. They are ill-equipped to do so.

However at this time, their involvement has become sort of necessary. They will just stand behind the CTG - if that returns, and ensure stability and discipline.

They will also probably ensure that long-neglected defense purchases will take place (especially on Air Force side).

There is an ample chance of military takeover. But, theNAL party will start agitation. This will enlarge its popularity, a cheap one,

When people are disgusted with poverty and unemployment, Hasina will give the military to hold national elections.

Shaitan may not be worse than Hasina.

Military takeover will tarnish our Army's image beyond repair

Change of power has to be through Free and fair elections

It is one of the few Institutions that has not yet been fully compromised. The prestige shouldn't be ruined because some ppl do not want to get their gloves dirty.

Change of power has to be through Free and fair elections

It is one of the few Institutions that has not yet been fully compromised. The prestige shouldn't be ruined because some ppl do not want to get their gloves dirty.

I hear from my friends in the Army that the senior defence leadership (anyone over red ribbon level) has already been bought many times over by BAL functionaries. There is no incorruptible image per se for the military.

But point well taken, let's see what happens.

What is your take on 1/11? I think another 1/11 is near! It's not military takeover, but it was emergency!

I think such thing will happen! I hear that during 1/11 military was threatened to ban from UN peacekeeping mission!

Now this time the situation might be the same!

So anything is possible! If that time military image wasn't tarnished, why this time will?

The role of military is to protect sovereignty; and not only sovereignty is under threat when another country attack directly, but also when they try to create anarchy through it's puppets, try to support separatists!

This regime provided India such benefits that goes against Bangladesh, so isn't still the time to protect Bangladesh, even if it's by direct military intervention?

However I'm not asking to do so , but if necessary I don't think military will stay in barrack, and that's not going to tarnish their image!

Whether it's done under military watch or under the watch of some foreign power it's equally bad. What is screams loudly is that we don't have a proper democratic process. The democratic institutions are manipulated by every freaken political party in power to engineer the election the next time, worst of which has been done by the BAL. I can't help but look enviously at India where this democratic process takes place without any issues, never did they ever require military intervention or foreign power intervention to ensure smooth transition of power. What exactly is the difference between BD and Indian people that they can do it but we can't I wonder.

@Bengal71

Ekattor dada,

What exactly is the difference between BD and Indian people that they can do it but we can't I wonder.

Accident of history aka uneasy participation as part of PAK between 1947-71. Had East Pak been created as a separate independent state right from 1947- BD would have been more or less similar to IND in terms of political evolution: and needless to say far ahead in economic and social indicators.

Regards

@Bengal71

Ekattor dada,

What exactly is the difference between BD and Indian people that they can do it but we can't I wonder.

Accident of history aka uneasy participation as part of PAK between 1947-71. Had East Pak been created as a separate independent state right from 1947- BD would have been more or less similar to IND in terms of political evolution: and needless to say far ahead in economic and social indicators.

Regards

Could be, I am not sure though. I believe it has something to do with being Muslims, Pak may have exacerbated the problem.

Formation of Bangladesh Democratic Council is conditionally linked to holding Hasina accountable for crimes against Bangladeshis and crimes against humanity.

Rohingya participation in BDC must be ensured.

United States of America must charter a 6 point agenda on the question of democracy in Bangladesh.

Could be, I am not sure though. I believe it has something to do with being Muslims, Pak may have exacerbated the problem.

You can leave out Islamophobia to appease an Indian.

If you believe Bangladeshi problems are East Pakistan's making, then East Pakistan should have representation in Bangladesh Democratic Council.

Whether it's done under military watch or under the watch of some foreign power it's equally bad. What is screams loudly is that we don't have a proper democratic process. The democratic institutions are manipulated by every freaken political party in power to engineer the election the next time, worst of which has been done by the BAL. I can't help but look enviously at India where this democratic process takes place without any issues, never did they ever require military intervention or foreign power intervention to ensure smooth transition of power. What exactly is the difference between BD and Indian people that they can do it but we can't I wonder.
BD can restart democracy with the reintroduction of CTG. However, the situation has turned so nasty that the UN may decide to conduct election if Hasina remains adamant not to resign and hand the state power to a CTG.

I would prefer a CTG though.

@bluesky

UN may decide to conduct election if Hasina remains adamant not to resign and hand the state power to a CTG.

UN has the powers to do? That too unilaterally?

Regards

Back
Top Bottom