What's new

The Kashmiris who are no more there!

Can Kashmir be shared amongst its two major indigenous communities?

• NEVER-kashmir is only for kashmiris Muslims

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • Only if it becomes independent

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • YES with little compromises on both the sides

Votes: 11 73.3%
  • Too early to comment!

Votes: 1 6.7%

• Total voters

indianpatriot

BANNED
Reaction score
The original name of Kashmir is Kashyap-Pura which means land of Kashyap, a Hindu. Indians, who despite being majority in India didn't declare India a Hindu country and who have a rich historical and cultural links with the land, have all the moral right to retain Kashmir and all its people whether Muslims, Hindus, Sikhs, Buddhists or Christians. Pakistan and Bangladesh separated from India and today are either on brink of being a failed state or disoriented and underdeveloped.

The Kashmir belongs to them too(alongwith Muslim brothers),but because they are not pettling stones and bombing trains their voices in the case are totally ignored.

what all this has brought to India and Kashmiris?????

Last edited by a moderator:
Kashmir is for all Kashmiris regardless of religion. Not many people would argue with this but its naive to think the partition of British India -followed by numerous Indo-Pak wars and 20 years of suppression- doesnt change matters. Some compromises will have to be made but whether you like it or not, Kashmiri Muslims are in majority and it would be undemocratic to dismiss their wishes in favour of minority Hindus.

I feel for Kashmiri Pandits the same way I feel for the Muslims who fled Jammu. If you have ever been to Sialkot you will hear some horror stories from the partition era. It was a mess, no doubt, but are Indians also willing to be the champions of Muslims who had to leave the region? Why only the Pandits?

Last edited:

I feel for Kashmiri Pandits the same way I feel for the Muslims who fled Jammu. If you have ever been to Sialkot you will hear some horror stories from the partition era. It was a mess, no doubt but are Indians also willing to be the champions of Muslims who had to leave the region? Why only the Pandits?

this was the common trait in whole subcontinent at that time, pointing out just jammu muslims is bit unfair.

this was the common trait in whole subcontinent at that time, pointing out just jammu muslims is bit unfair.

Exactly my point, that pointing out just Kashmiri Pandits is a bit unfair. But the Pandit case is repeated over and over again as if no one else suffered.

Exactly my point, that pointing out just Kashmiri Pandits is a bit unfair. But the Pandit case is repeated over and over again as if no one else suffered.

u are not getting me. u are mixing two diff. incidents. in 1947 there was no control. all hell broke loose when two nations were declared & ppl. had to flee to their respective countries. but kashmiri pandits case is different they are refugees in their own country. u will not find many ppl. in this world who are refugees in thier own countries. to make u understand i m giving u a example that what if one particular community or race is forced to leave thier land in pakistan & they have to flee to other parts of country. what will u call them, yes refugees in thier own country.

. Pakistan and Bangladesh separated from India and today are either on brink of being a failed state or disoriented and underdeveloped.

And even if one goes to the moon and look from there the whole world will appear dark except the shining india.

u are not getting me. u are mixing two diff. incidents. in 1947 there was no control. all hell broke loose when two nations were declared & ppl. had to flee to their respective countries. but kashmiri pandits case is different they are refugees in their own country. u will not find many ppl. in this world who are refugees in thier own countries. to make u understand i m giving u a example that what if one particular community or race is forced to leave thier land in pakistan & they have to flee to other parts of country. what will u call them, yes refugees in thier own country.

Kashmiri Muslims are not exactly living the dream with close to a million Indian troops policing their every move. They also belong to the land and have every right to move around freely, vote for their own parties, protest without the fear of violence and safety from armed forces who make little distinction between foreign enemy and a Kashmiri.

Kashmiri Muslims are not exactly living the dream with close to a million Indian troops policing their every move. They also belong to the land and have every right to move around freely, vote for their own parties, protest without the fear of violence and safety from armed forces who make little distinction between foreign enemy and a Kashmiri.

i know there are thousands of troops there, but kashmiris enjoy thier normal lifes like any other citizen of india. they go to schools/colleges, at workplaces, shopping etc etc. situtation only get bad when there are violent protests & this thing is universal. & armed troops are not wild beasts who ran into any house or kill ppl. while passing by a street. they act only when there is lawlessness. as far as kashmiri land is concerned, no one is taking it from them, it is thiers & will remain so.

Kashmiri Muslims were free to move around in their land till the year 1989. That's 42 years. What happened after that is known to the entire world, which caused the armed forces to move into cities.

Oh, and they are still free to vote for their own parties. It's their parties which refuse to contest elections.

i got the root of the problem:-
Kashmir wants to join with pakistan
India refuses
Pakistan wants Kashmir
pakistan sends insurgents
to counteract India established heavy military
heavy military is kept in challenging situation
they become frustrated
they started violating and abusing local citizens
to enhance insurgents too violate them in name of Indian military
insurgents are kicked out and Pakistan actively neglected out by Kashmiris but danger remains
Kashmiris become mad and start demanding independence
Pakistan passively supports it
more human rights violations by Indian military
when indian army stops insurgents abuse Kasmiris
Kashmiris are desperate and wanting peace........................

now some of them come to Lucknow University as students
they show every student pamplets and all that Azadi thing
they ask for monetary support
and make hundreds of rupees everyday from both Hindu and Muslim supporters..

I seriously want an AZAD KASHMIR but only if it it is administered by Indian Govt. like Hong Kong and is democratic in setup!but i fear it will become like Afghanistan with some pakistani elements itching and terrorizing it trying to make it an Islamist state!!!

Back
Top Bottom