What's new

The Kashmiris who are no more there!

Can Kashmir be shared amongst its two major indigenous communities?

• NEVER-kashmir is only for kashmiris Muslims

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • Only if it becomes independent

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • YES with little compromises on both the sides

Votes: 11 73.3%
  • Too early to comment!

Votes: 1 6.7%

• Total voters
i know there are thousands of troops there, but kashmiris enjoy thier normal lifes like any other citizen of india. they go to schools/colleges, at workplaces, shopping etc etc. situtation only get bad when there are violent protests & this thing is universal. & armed troops are not wild beasts who ran into any house or kill ppl. while passing by a street. they act only when there is lawlessness. as far as kashmiri land is concerned, no one is taking it from them, it is thiers & will remain so.

Exactly. Thats what makes us Indians mad when some members here compare Kashmir with Palestine. Kashmiri's have complete freedom -- of practicing their religion, liberty of speech, liberty to protest. Equal rights as any other Indian.BUT .... Kashmiri's have to abide by the laws of the land. Period.

It makes me mad to see special treatment given to Kashmiri's ... Why Mr.Manmohan ? .... Come to my village ... We drink water green in color. Electricity is available 6 hours a day except on Monday (when there is none). Transport to other village is possible by buses only (which comes every 3 hour). Dont get me started on Sanitation. Did i mention choice of food for us? ...... Mr.Manmohan..So what makes Kashmiri's misery worse than that suffered by other indians living in Rural area's? .. Care to explain this to us... And maybe we will understand why our soldiers should not kill those stone throwing terrorist .

And yes, we will mention Kashmiri Pandits again and again. Kashmiri terrorists have done ethnic cleansing of Kashmiri Pandit's. And we as a nation have stood as mute spectator, as if Kashmir was some remote land which does not effect us. As if this Pandit's were not Indian's but rather alien's.

Only thing i can think of is .... Shame on us Indian's.

Kashmiri Muslims were free to move around in their land till the year 1989. That's 42 years. What happened after that is known to the entire world, which caused the armed forces to move into cities.

Oh, and they are still free to vote for their own parties. It's their parties which refuse to contest elections.

Because the elections are rigged! why would any party participate in an election it knows it has already lost? I remember Sugata Bose describing the election in the late 80s as "Royally Rigged".

Because the elections are rigged! why would any party participate in an election it knows it has already lost? I remember Sugata Bose describing the election in the late 80s as "Royally Rigged".

Just go and search what the non-biased international observers had to say about the latest elections in Kashmir.

Just go and search what the non-biased international observers had to say about the latest elections in Kashmir.

Of course theres no need to rig elections if the parties representing the people aren't even participating! Rigging is only needed when hurriyet is participating so as to make sure they do not come to power!

Kashmir is for kashmiris irrespective of religion,
One thing i would say pakistan should move forward, concentrate on their economy, because believe me kashmir will not resolve in the current scenario(1-5 years). build their economy and let their economy and geo-position talk after that and it will only benefit Pakistan and kashmir.
We are living in the centre of the earth plus sitting on the energy centres and corridors and should not allow anyone to enter into this and then do diplomacy.

Exactly. Thats what makes us Indians mad when some members here compare Kashmir with Palestine. Kashmiri's have complete freedom -- of practicing their religion, liberty of speech, liberty to protest. Equal rights as any other Indian.BUT .... Kashmiri's have to abide by the laws of the land. Period.

It makes me mad to see special treatment given to Kashmiri's ... Why Mr.Manmohan ? .... Come to my village ... We drink water green in color. Electricity is available 6 hours a day except on Monday (when there is none). Transport to other village is possible by buses only (which comes every 3 hour). Dont get me started on Sanitation. Did i mention choice of food for us? ...... Mr.Manmohan..So what makes Kashmiri's misery worse than that suffered by other indians living in Rural area's? .. Care to explain this to us... And maybe we will understand why our soldiers should not kill those stone throwing terrorist .

And yes, we will mention Kashmiri Pandits again and again. Kashmiri terrorists have done ethnic cleansing of Kashmiri Pandit's. And we as a nation have stood as mute spectator, as if Kashmir was some remote land which does not effect us. As if this Pandit's were not Indian's but rather alien's.

Only thing i can think of is .... Shame on us Indian's.

Yes exactly, shame on us for being such mute spectators to the horrors unleashed on Pandit brothers.

It is also our duty to make sure the separatists and the religious bigots dont win again.

Kashmir is for all Kashmiris regardless of religion. Not many people would argue with this but its naive to think the partition of British India -followed by numerous Indo-Pak wars and 20 years of suppression- doesnt change matters. Some compromises will have to be made but whether you like it or not, Kashmiri Muslims are in majority and it would be undemocratic to dismiss their wishes in favour of minority Hindus.

I feel for Kashmiri Pandits the same way I feel for the Muslims who fled Jammu. If you have ever been to Sialkot you will hear some horror stories from the partition era. It was a mess, no doubt, but are Indians also willing to be the champions of Muslims who had to leave the region? Why only the Pandits?

The school in which i studied had a Kashmiri Pundit as the principal,retd gen.Ashok Kaul and i haven't seen anyone who loves his/her country more than him

Back
Top Bottom