What's new

The J-20-engine discussion is over and other speculative topics ... to separate from the J-20-news !

In my opinion you were trolling with the objective of pandering to your Chinese followers. The author of the feature you posted OWEN L SIRRS is an adjunct professor of cultural and regional studies at the University of Montana. Mr Sirrs has nothing to do with the USAF University - there is no such thing

@Deino , dbc thinks that as long as he derails the thread while bashing a Mod then he won't have his posts deleted or banned because that would be seen as being a case of a Mod oversteping his authority, dbc & the likes of him who are commenting on here don't really give a flying F about the J-20, they pretend they care about it or it's design or what ever just so that they can continue to talk rubbish to bash China for purely political reasons that have absolutely nothing to do with military things, these kind of posts belong in reddit or 4Chan not in here, if trolls are allowed to continue to derail this thread then their comments won't be limited to the J-20 thread, they will even start talking rubbish in every other thread in the Chinese defence section thus this entire section will become a sh*tshow.

@Deino , dbc thinks that as long as he derails the thread while bashing a Mod then he won't have his posts deleted or banned because that would be seen as being a case of a Mod oversteping his authority, dbc & the likes of him who are commenting on here don't really give a flying F about the J-20, they pretend they care about it or it's design or what ever just so that they can continue to talk rubbish to bash China for purely political reasons that have absolutely nothing to do with military things, these kind of posts belong in reddit or 4Chan not in here, if trolls are allowed to continue to derail this thread then their comments won't be limited to the J-20 thread, they will even start talking rubbish in every other thread in the Chinese defence section thus this entire section will become a sh*tshow.

LOL critical comment is interesting since it can create debate and more information will come out. This thread is not created to promote J20 but for discussion and update. It is a defense forum any way.

This thread is for news, development and credible rumors if the J-20.

The "debate" BS are not useful to this thread where we get a constant stream of photos. Put debate in other threads you can create specifically to "debate."

I actually brought up the dihedral positioning of the canards on this thread about a year ago or more. I think we were also talking about whether they were used as speed brakes as well, but we discussed the diherdral position of the canards on the J-20 (not focusing much at the time that the wings were anhedral) and I was actually interested in learning more about why they positioned the canards that way, regardless if it was based on a close-coupled design or not. Perhaps it doesn't matter since we know the Rafale's canards are close-coupled for the specific reason of controlling the airflow over the main wings. But the J-20's wings are anhedral like you mentioned which makes the J-20's delta/canard combination a very interesting and quite unique design. Looking at the EFT and how the canards are pushed much more forward to the nose and act much more as stabilizers than close-coupled canards, but taking a close look at them, they're also anhedral on the EFT, the opposite of the J-20's design. I think it's just all about the complex and ultimate result of aerodynamic testing for each aircraft respectively.

Dihedral canard is necessitated by the requirement to mount the wing high on the fuselage for higher payload capacity. Remember the purpose of the canard is for its vortices to re-energize the flow over the wings. The Eurofighter Typhoon canard is on a ball joint and unlike the Rafale and the J-20, the canard on the Typhoon isn't restricted to the vertical plane. Look at Typhoon images on the internet and you will notice that in flight the Typhoon's canard is sometimes highly swept and sometimes its not....often anhedral and sometimes neutral.
The X-31 that evolved into the Typhoon is rumored to have the most complex FCS every written by NASA.

Shame the Europeans didn't get around to adding a TV nozzle on the Typhoon.

Not swept
C0463416-Spanish_Air_force_Eurofighter_Typhoon_in_flight.jpg

Fully Swept

IMTb8.jpg

Dihedral canard is necessitated by the requirement to mount the wing high on the fuselage for higher payload capacity. Remember the purpose of the canard is for its vortices to re-energize the flow over the wings. The Eurofighter Typhoon canard is on a ball joint and unlike the Rafale and the J-20, the canard on the Typhoon isn't restricted to the vertical plane. Look at Typhoon images on the internet and you will notice that in flight the Typhoon's canard is sometimes highly swept and sometimes its not....often anhedral and sometimes neutral.
The X-31 that evolved into the Typhoon is rumored to have the most complex FCS every written by NASA.

Not swept

Fully Swept

IMTb8.jpg
Sir J20 has not close coupled canards like RAFALE but in between RAFALE and EFT canards

Sir J20 has not close coupled canards like RAFALE but in between RAFALE and EFT canards

Not sir, I am a women. Again the term close coupling is used to define level of the interaction between the canard and the wing. Don't take my word for it, look at videos of the Rafale, J-20 and the Typhoon in flight. Pay particular attention to the actuation of the canard and the effect on the aircraft flight particularly its AoA.

Not sir, I am a women. Again the term close coupling is used to define level of the interaction between the canard and the wing. Don't take my word for it, look at videos of the Rafale, J-20 and the Typhoon in flight. Pay particular attention to the actuation of the canard and the effect on the aircraft flight particularly its AoA.
sorry MADAM but J-20 CANARDS not as closed coupled as RAFALE CANARDS is , J-20 has a LERX between its main wing and its CANARDS, so J20's CANARD's performance is in between RAFALE and EFT, thank you MA'AM

Not swept

Fully Swept

IMTb8.jpg
The ball joint thing doesnt make sense at all...it is just the angle of canard mount/shaft and the angle of view make it looks different. it will need a gap or slop (like F14) to allow canard change swept.

The ball joint thing doesnt make sense at all...it is just the angle of canard mount/shaft and the angle of view make it looks different. it will need a gap or slop (like F14) to allow canard change swept.

I didn’t say the canard is mechanically swept like the F14 Tomcat wing. It just rotates a 180 degrees, making the trailing edge the leading edge. While the canard on the Typhoon is a lifting surface it does not interact in any way with it’s aeroelastic wing.

I didn’t say the canard is mechanically swept like the F14 Tomcat wing. It just rotates a 180 degrees, making the trailing edge the leading edge. While the canard on the Typhoon is a lifting surface it does not interact in any way with it’s aeroelastic wing.
can you have a proof that J-20 canards can rotate 180 degrees, but i would like to say 90 degrees (vertical), not any canard equipped jets in the world can rotates its canards to 180 degrees, that's includes J-20 also

canard rotate 180 degrees?! that makes no sense at all! It is no possible to rotate 180 in normal airspeed range not to mention the structural problem of doing so.

Wow so many stupid comments from stupid people. Please shut up you don't know anything about even the basics of mechanics don't talk about aircraft engineering. Just saying random shit to sound smart but has nothing to do with discussions. $10 Indian education engineering degrees. Just keep talking random words with no connections to distract endlessly.

Oh well a a piece of BS and as it seems you only can post such crappy dated and misinformed propaganda videos! :hitwall: :crazy:
look at the comments under that video, Western propaganda is so powerful that produced tons of idiots. :omghaha:
Russian radar technology is way ahead of China's....:omghaha::omghaha:
Indian Air Force commander said "The Sukhoi's radar can see them, the new Chinese jets are not so invisible after all" ...... dude, turn your eyes up, look at the crotch part of J20, have you see a round little thing? That thing called Luneberg lens, J20s use this to allows you see them.:omghaha::omghaha::omghaha:

Back
Top Bottom