What's new

The Indomitable Indian Spirit : Making Impossible to Possible

Boo hoo. So sad. Nobody cares.

It's great that you were able to make something of yourself. The vast majority of Indians don't make in a year what I do in a month even as a student. I see no reason to live like that. There isn't a single place in India where I would be able to work on the cutting edge of science as I am able to do here.

Nobody is demeaning the achievements of those mentioned by the OP, but quite frankly compared to the rest of the world, it's pretty piss poor pathetic. And nobody cares about what has happened in the past, only the present matters.

Science isn't constrained by borders, man made constructs. If the best place to work in my field was Pakistan, I would go there.
So if you hate this country so much then why do you feel proud when India achieves something like sending a probe to Mars or winning the World Cup in cricket.You know once a wise man said and i quote"Ask not what your country can do for you,ask what you can do for your country"!So the truth is that we owe nothing to our Motherland,on the contrary what we are today is because of our country and our ancestors.So even if India is piss poor according to you,you sole existence is due to her.Now regarding research work,you are correct in this aspect,there isn't that much facility available in this country compared to any other developed country.But that doesn't give you the right to insult our country.There are many people like me who can go to any developed country for higher studies if they want but still we choose to live in this country and serve her.Half of my family from my mother's side live in the U.S.A. and frankly speaking they are quite rich and if i wanted i could easily go there for higher studies but my dream is to become a Police officer and hence i stayed and did my higher studies here and at the same time preparing for the UPSC examination.So just remember the fact that not all who live in India are poor and can't afford to pursue higher studies in Western countries.There are people like me also who want to live here and serve our Motherland..:coffee:

I am not a scientist and I never claimed to be one. I did not say others cared too. It was only these Bengali scientist who were crying that India did not care for them and badmouthing India.

Well you are still no Lakshmi Mittal. He was asked what he does of all his billions and he said he still has only one mouth and one stomach and there is only so much food he can eat. Rest of it is inconsequential.

Good for you that you found your place in the world.

Yeah, right it is piss poor pathetic that is why India is within the top 5 countries in every field of human endeavor unlike Australia. I do not know when was the last time I heard Australia was the world leader in anything except drinking beer.

Ohh really, science and global citizens. Such greatness and noble thoughts.
Ma'am,why on earth are you targetting the Bengali people just because of the attitude of a couple of guys!The vast majority of the Bengali people,even if they have the opportunity to go abroad will instead choose to remain in this country.:rolleyes:

So if you hate this country so much then why do you feel proud when India achieves something like sending a probe to Mars or winning the World Cup in cricket.You know once a wise man said and i quote"Ask not what your country can do for you,ask what you can do for your country"!So the truth is that we owe nothing to our Motherland,on the contrary what we are today is because of our country and our ancestors.So even if India is piss poor according to you,you sole existence is due to her.Now regarding research work,you are correct in this aspect,there isn't that much facility available in this country compared to any other developed country.But that doesn't give you the right to insult our country.There are many people like me who can go to any developed country for higher studies if they want but still we choose to live in this country and serve her.Half of my family from my mother's side live in the U.S.A. and frankly speaking they are quite rich and if i wanted i could easily go there for higher studies but my dream is to become a Police officer and hence i stayed and did my higher studies here and at the same time preparing for the UPSC examination.So just remember the fact that not all who live in India are poor and can't afford to pursue higher studies in Western countries.There are people like me also who want to live here and serve our Motherland..

That's great. I respect you for that.

But the fact remains, people leave India because they're frustrated with it's lack of opportunity.

There are exceptions that are able to muddle through the incredible lethargy that a large part of the country suffers from. More power to them.

Ma'am,why on earth are you targetting the Bengali people just because of the attitude of a couple of guys!The vast majority of the Bengali people,even if they have the opportunity to go abroad will instead choose to remain in this country.

It is not just a few people. If 8/10 people of a sample group have a certain pattern of thinking, it is safe to assume that majority people of that group have the same thinking. From the political scene in WB to its socioreligious attitudes, barring a few exceptions, the whole Bengali lot seem to have the same attitude.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom