What's new

The Greatest Deception

Status
Not open for further replies.
But who told you it was round?
NASA? The book in the school?
Or do you know for yourself?

I am personally open to exploring possibilities instead of just limiting myself to what NASA tells me.
Either way, you might still want to check it as its got some interesting arguments.

U cannot be serious. Allah ne insan ko aqal de hay. Look at other planets, every object is spherical.
How else its possible that in old times ppl sailed west n arrived at their own location, how else is time zone different in different countries, call canada now and it will be day. How else is all this possible?
Fly a camera on a helium baloon and see for urself for Godsake. Had hoti hay.

Go to a beach near Karachi on a clear day and watch the ships.

You can clearly see the ships disappearing gradually on the horizon, bottom first.

How is this possible on a flat Earth.

Try seeing the same ships with binos. They never dissappear below the Horizon. This has already been tested and proven.

What is it about gravity that you find controversial in this day and age? I am intrigued by this contention, please do explain.

lol, care to Google? The science you depend on has already questioned gravity.

But who told you it was round?
NASA? The book in the school?
Or do you know for yourself?

I am personally open to exploring possibilities instead of just limiting myself to what NASA tells me.
Either way, you might still want to check it as its got some interesting arguments.
Ugh!
Here is a simple experiment that will show you what earth looks like !
https://www.irishexaminer.com/break...curvature-using-a-weather-balloon-771131.html

You can do it yourself and convince yourself, its not that expensive.

If you really care about Earth being round or flat, this experiment is within reach of any person and gives a direct evidence of shape of earth.

Remember, a single experiment is way more worthy than 1000 imaginations. Because it shows reality.

The Wright brothers did NOT discover flight. They invented the first practical controllable powered airplane. Flight was known for a long time before that.

If you were to use brain my friend, i was talking about discovering flight for the humans, which the humans of the time did not think was possible and hence used to laugh on the idea.

Ugh!
Here is a simple experiment that will show you what earth looks like !
https://www.irishexaminer.com/break...curvature-using-a-weather-balloon-771131.html

You can do it yourself and convince yourself, its not that expensive.

If you really care about Earth being round or flat, this experiment is within reach of any person and gives a direct evidence of shape of earth.

Remember, a single experiment is way more worthy than 1000 imaginations. Because it shows reality.

Fisheye camera again?

Why dont you watch the video first before coming up with lame stuff that is already discussed.

(It's about Flat Earth ...for the anti Conspiracy folk to not waste their time).

For the Free thinkers* out there who believe in possibilities, instead of involving themselves into the servitude of the images, which are constantly beamed into their brain since childhood, and find it hard to step out of the comfort zones out of the fear of the unknown.

*Free Thinking = (Ability to imagine with images that do not originate from one's mind, and to believe in "possibilities" instead of restricting oneself to hardwired programming)

Whenever you have time, go to a sea port on a clear day.. watch a ship going away till it disappears from the horizon..

The biggest proof that Earth is round..

Don't have time to go to sea and watch a ship? Watch the below video:

I like to listen to what people have to say. I'm not the type to yell at people or get aggressive because they disagree. If anything, maybe I become sad that they are misguided and maybe pray for God to guide them.

However, this is a fun and interesting issue and it's also one where I don't think we're going to go to Jannah or Jahannam based on this.

Myself, I am a proud round-earther. I am also a conspiracy theorist. I do not believe that the NASA people in the 60's went to the moon. I believe the moon landing is fake.

Also, I think it is crazy to believe that the earth revolves around the sun. I believe that the sun revolves around the earth and I believe this is the Quranically correct position.

So I don't believe everything the media says or that is taught in schools. I don't trust NASA either.

However, I love and I trust our Muslim scholars.

Furthermore, if we want to know the shape if the earth I believe we should not go to NASA- I believe we should go to Quran and Sunnah.

"Ibn Hazm (may Allah have mercy on him) said:

The proofs of the Qur’an and Sunnah indicate that it is round. End quote."

https://islamqa.info/en/answers/211...ou-the-earth-wide-spread-an-expanse-nooh-7119

If Quran and Sunnah say it's round, it is round and I can sleep with the assurance that it is round.

"More than one of the scholars have narrated that there is consensus that the Earth is round. For example:

Shaykh al-Islam Ibn Taymiyah (may Allah have mercy on him) narrated that from Abu’l-Husayn ibn al-Munaadi (may Allah have mercy on him), when he said:

Imam Abu’l-Husayn Ahmad ibn Ja‘far ibn al-Munaadi narrated from the prominent scholars who are well known for knowledge of reports and major works in religious sciences, from the second level of Ahmad’s companions, that there was no difference of opinion among the scholars that the sky is like a ball.

He said: Similarly they were unanimously agreed that the Earth, with all that is contains of land and sea is like a ball. He said: That is indicated by the fact that the sun, moon and stars do not rise and set over those who are in different parts of the earth at the same time; rather that occurs in the east before it occurs in the west.

End quote from Majmoo‘ al-Fataawa (25/195)"

I love and I trust Shaykh al-Islam Ibn Taymiyyah and I am confident that he was not an agent of NASA.

Furthermore, I can understand how a scholar today might feel pressure to say it's round- if a scholar says "it's flat," the anti-Muslim types will laugh at them and be disrespectful, insulting the poor man and saying they're "unscientific". This era is one where people basically worship science.

I believe Ibn Kathir as well believed in round earth. Why would Ibn Kathir and Ibn Taymiyyah (God forbid) not tell the truth? Since they lived in the Middle Ages, I don't think it would have been seen as being as big a deal if they were to say the earth is flat today. I don't think people worshipped "science" in the way they do now.

Also, Shaykh Uthaymeen believed in a round earth: "Shaykh Ibn ‘Uthaymeen (may Allah have mercy on him) said:

The earth is round, based on the evidence of the Qur’an, reality, and scientific views."

(quote is from the same fatwa)

I know Shaykh Uthaymeen lived in the modern day but I have a book with a translation of his fatwa that says the sun revolves around the earth. I love Shaykh Uthaymeen and I think he was a great scholar. Furthermore, if he was willing to say the sun revolves around the earth, why would he lie (God forbid) about the shape of the earth?

So I believe that the earth is round, I am a proud round-earther and I believe in such a way not because the lying NASA tells me so (I say they lie because I think they lied about the alleged moon landing) but because the scholars say so and I consider them the leaders of the Ummah. I can sleep easy at night, believing in what great scholars say and not believing in what fake "celebrity sheikhs" on YouTube tell me or what NASA tells me.

I believe in many "conspiracy theories". I believe the hippie movement was a CIA creation. I think Jews were behind 9/11. I believe Alan García, ex-president of Peru, was murdered by Jews (he spoke against a "Jewish mafia" before he died).

However, I am a believer in the earth being round and I don't believe I will change my position unless maybe, for example, you can bring a fatwa from Shaykh Fawzan or Shaykh Albaani saying they found proof from Quran and Sunnah that the earth is flat. However, from what I've read there is a consensus among the scholars and if the scholars say it's round I don't see any reason to think otherwise.

watch the video once bro.

If you were to use brain my friend, i was talking about discovering flight for the humans, which the humans of the time did not think was possible and hence used to laugh on the idea.

Fisheye camera again?

Why dont you watch the video first before coming up with lame stuff that is already discussed.
If you think it is a fisheye camera, you can do the experiment yourself. Thats the entire point. Its not expensive at all. You need a go-pro, a high altitude balloon and a GPS receiver.

The beauty of this experiment is that you don't have to depend upon anyone. If you think others are fooling you with fisheye lens, you can even do it yourself.

Do it yourself and prove the world that they are lying.
There has been many many many such experiments.

If you think it is a fisheye camera, you can do the experiment yourself. Thats the entire point. Its not expensive at all. You need a go-pro, a high altitude balloon and a GPS receiver.

The beauty of this experiment is that you don't have to depend upon anyone. If you think others are fooling you with fisheye lens, you can even do it yourself.

Do it yourself and prove the world that they are lying.
There has been many many many such experiments.

The country I am in, does not allow to send anything to a higher altitude without prior permission from the space agency.
so....I wonder why ...

The country I am in, does not allow to send anything to a higher altitude without prior permission from the space agency.
so....I wonder why ...
In Pakistan they don't allow you to fly weather balloons?
Your current location according to flag is Saudi Arabia. I am sure it will not be banned in both the countries.

You believe in the moon landing? I think it was pretty clearly fake. I think they had the technology to fake it. I think all they needed was a movie studio, some cameras and some work from Stanley Kubrick.

btw I think it's pretty clear the moon landing was fake and I think David McGowan's series of articles on the subject (written before his sudden and mysterious death) makes it very clear: https://centerforaninformedamerica.com/moondoggie-1/

"Such sentiments made me realize that the Moon landing lie is somewhat unique among the big lies told to the American people in that it was, in the grand scheme of things, a relatively benign lie, and one that could be easily spun. Admitting that the landings were faked would not have nearly the same impact as, say, admitting to mass murdering 3,000 Americans and destroying billions of dollars worth of real estate and then using that crime as a pretext to wage two illegal wars and strip away civil, legal and privacy rights."

As for scholars, I trust scholars way before I trust scientists. The "scientists" say we come from monkeys. There are powerful people funding "science" and I think the scientists say what they're paid to say.

Also, the authority is Quran and Sunnah. God made everything that science is supposed to examine (as well as things science doesn't understand, such as the jinn). God knows the facts as far as science. God made the universe to begin with. God knows way more than the "scientists" (many of whom are atheists!) and if a "scientist" says one thing and Quran and Sunnah say something else we should go with Quran and Sunnah. If a "scientist" tells you Prophet Jesus (PBUH) was God will you believe the Quran or the "scientist"? Of course, many of them are Godless atheists so some may laugh at my example. So- what if the "scientist" says there is no God? The "scientists" are crazy. You question them where everything came from and they'll start rambling about primordial chicken soup (maybe Pakistanis came from primordial biryani). You interrogate them where the primordial curry came from and they'll start with all kinds of gibberish. I don't understand their gibberish and I'm half-asleep as they talk but if their gibberish came with subtitles I'm pretty sure at no point would their gibberish explain how the universe could all come from nothing.
Why one should take nothing for start ?

so....I wonder why ...
You can try this one yourself, over a long unobstructed field
1)From point A at X meters above sea level at a fixed level fire a laser
2) At point B some( 10-11kms) distance away at X meters(same height)above sea level set up a receiver for the laser.

If you don't have to adjust the receiver height and you observe the laser from point B, the earth is flat.

If you have to adjust the receiver height to observe the laser, the earth is not flat.

There's a documentary on Netflix on flat earthers where they attempt to do exactly that, I encourage you to peruse it at your leisure.

Our current understanding of how it interacts in the universe is incomplete without more data, but from what we do have is pretty solid base that is being built upon, it's a continuous process.

An interesting point of view.

Most of us take gravity as an assumed part of our living realities, but why? Basic physics introduces us to the concept of gravity from a Newtonian sense, but when you start factoring Einstein into an understanding of gravity, things get… weird. For example, gravity may simply not exist

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom