What's new

The Glory of the Mughal Empire

640px-Jahangir_%26_Abbas_I.jpg

A manuscript depicting the Mughal Emperor Jahangir and the Safavid Shah Abbas I; and the qualities of Mughal - Safavid Relations.

This should not be so. Does not the Government of India provide titular lands for royal descendents?
There were hundreds of Dynasties in Indian history. Its impossible for India to give land to every royal family.

There were hundreds of Dynasties in Indian history. Its impossible for India to give land to every royal family.
I am so happy that we ended it, although its wrong to go back on a promise.
I find the idea of monarchy in a democracy very odd. no offense @Nihonjin1051

Southern smaller kingdoms were tributary states of the Moghul Empire. And thus were part of the Empire, during its greatest expanse....!

Had they resisted their mandate, they would have merely been pulverized and taken by force as what happened to Rajasthan and Punjab states.
Assam was never conquered by mughals.

I'm interested to know if there exists in India, Pakistan or Bangladesh any descendents of the Imperial Timurid Dynasty?

Many claimants but most who claim as such are not from the literal family but from his soldiers who settled down and such while they are "mughuls" they are not all from the royal family.

While the Europe were advancing in sciene and technology, much of mughal was indulged in making building inmemories of his wife or other buildings... Heard this on geo

I am so happy that we ended it, although its wrong to go back on a promise.
I find the idea of monarchy in a democracy very odd. no offense @Nihonjin1051

Each country is unique in its own destiny @hinduguy . For me, I have a considerable awe for many kingdoms, and empires that ruled most of South Asia. In particular is my fascination for the Mughal Empire, especially its contributions to arts, and science. It was during the reign of Jahangir that the concept of gestation period , which was noted in regards to elephants. For me, there is beauty , even if only as symbol of the state, of the monarchy. It provides a link to a nation's once Imperial and Glorious past.

While the Europe were advancing in sciene and technology, much of mughal was indulged in making building inmemories of his wife or other buildings... Heard this on geo

Not necessarily so. There were many advances in Science under the auspices of Mughal Emperors...! They contributed much to understanding in the field of zoology:

Jahangir was a naturalist as well; he was not only a known birdwatcher or ornithologist but a keen observer of plants and animals as well. Tuzuk-i-Jahangiri (Memoirs of Jahangir) has his recorded observations. Even until the mid-nineteenth century zoologists were unaware of the gestation period of elephants but Jahangir on the other hand had accurately estimated the gestation period of elephants to be 18 to 19 months in the early-seventeenth century itself. He gave the details of the pairing of sarus cranes and detailed descriptions of many Indian birds such as the hawk-cuckoo and animals such as the polecat. Once he was presented with a Don of high-altitude trees on the plains. Once he conducted an experiment to show that the soil in Mahmudabad was healthier than in Ahmedabad (both in Gujarat). It was due to the efforts of Dr. Salim Ali that these contributions of Jahangir were rediscovered.

Reference: Wikipedia

Back
Top Bottom