What's new

The genetically closest modern population groups to the ancient Gandharans: Barikot Discoveries

OP @Talwar e Pakistan, why is this information necessary ? Is it not important that people look forward to scientific and political development in the next 20 years instead of obsessing about which person came from what tribe ?
It's illegal to extract DNA samples of the dead in Pakistan

At least they have something interesting to say instead of the lamest of jokes I seriously hope you don't think you're funny. I just feel bad for Moonlight who continuously defends you.
You have a lot of supremacist on the forum. No wonder that Mental Health thread only attracted disgruntled husbands.

At least they have something interesting to say instead of the lamest of jokes I seriously hope you don't think you're funny. I just feel bad for Moonlight who continuously defends you.
Moonlight is a merciful soul.

I would like your answer to the question of so what?

Precisely, no one has actually shown you what you do. This thread isn't for this and that's the point. This isn't your playground really. If you actually want to have a conversation then this isn't the place the only point was to curtail your needless derailment of an actual discussion. So, to answer your question, what you do isn't even 'trolling' as your previous ID goes and it's really not even funny. Your jokes are tolerated and I have always sided with Moonlight to defend you but I really see that there is no hope for you. No one laughs with you, they laugh at you and the only reason I've defended you is that I think you're better than this. I think someone needs to tell you that, I know for a fact that Moonlight has and in the past so have I but despite that there is no change in you. Look at someone like Imran bahi or even Mastan bahi they are known PDF iconoclasts but they do provide some substance as well with you it's just these lame jokes and as someone who enjoys a good troll just as much as the next person even those are of low quality. I know you would not like this because what you do appears to give you a sense of validation but I think if you try to reorient yourself you can be very good for others; there are people who have really gained from PDF and I've been one of them. You have the privilege of being in a country that gives you a far greater exposure than most of the people of your nation of origin, why not give back? I honestly do not get why you're acting like a 14 year old emo white kid who's not even 14, is not white, and I'm sure knows what I'm referring to. Just that. For all I care, it's your choice to keep on doing what you're doing but a wasted mind is a terrible loss. I think you're better than this and I think if you accept that responsibility then it would be great for you as well as for others because you may be very helpful to those who are less fortunate that you or haven't had the luxuries that you have had.

You remind me of someone I used to know here: Armstrong, he was a close friend we had a little sister named Marshmellow. It still saddens me how it ended up there and I would hate to see someone else fall into the same rabbit hole that you're deliberately digging for yourself.

I hold myself to the same standards that I am asking you to hold yourself. I think you're better than this. You're free to mind what I've said but consider this my last ditch effort to get across to you. It's always your choice in the end.
Moonlight is a merciful soul.

I would like your answer to the question of so what?

why not give back?
May I ask How? Within the confines of the forum, I do try to not let Pakistan or Pakistanis cede their perspective. You can give me the benefit of doubt that I do so in personal and professional capacity as well.

I do however am thankful for any support furnished at management threads. One needs that when Advisors go about publishing intent of pegging someone down.

When there is a will there is a way. If you really do want to help there's loads to do and we could use your help. For instance the least you could do is help with editing articles that people want to read and publish; you've a good grip over language, at the very least.
May I ask How? Within the confines of the forum, I do try to not let Pakistan or Pakistanis cede their perspective. You can give me the benefit of doubt that I do so in personal and professional capacity as well.

I do however am thankful for any support furnished at management threads. One needs that when Advisors go about publishing intent of pegging someone down.

In 2017, DNA samples were extracted from Gandharan burial mounds found in Barikot, Swat dating back to the Iron Age. The results were recently released following analysis. Utilizing admixture modeling tools, the genetic distance between these samples and modern sample groups were measured.

Here are the 20 closest modern population groups to the ancient Gandharans based on the results:

View attachment 667938

The results showcase that the ancient Gandharans were genetically closest to the modern populations primarily inhabiting the historic region of Gandhara (North-west Pakistan), followed by the greater Indus region (primarily modern-day Pakistan, North-West India and East Afghanistan).

Modern Sample Groups:

The modern sample groups are from the Global25 genetic database and within the context of the region, some population groups are excluded. These excluded population groups would most likely be most related to the closest (geographically) population groups referenced in the list; for example: Punjabi communities such as the Arain, Sheikhs, Awans, Janjuas, etc... would be closest to Khatri and Punjabi_Jatt sample groups.

Lesser known sample groups referenced in the list:

Kamboj:
A community primarily inhabiting the Punjab region with populations in Haryana and Afghanistan as well.
Khatri: A predominantly Hindu Punjabi community; most Khatris had migrated to India from West Punjab following partition.
Yusufzai, Tarkalani, Uthmankhel: Pashtun tribes inhabiting the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa province of Pakistan as well as East Afghanistan.
Kohistani, Kho_Singanali, Kalash: Dardic communities found in the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Province of Pakistan.
Ror: A community found in Haryana and East Punjab regions of North-West India. They may have been linked to the Ror dynasty of Sindh.
Burusho: A Dardic community from the Gilgit Baltistan region of Pakistan.
Gujjar_Pakistan, Gujjar_India: A primarily nomadic community straddling Afghanistan, Pakistan and Western India.

I LOVE THIS, thank you so much.

With each snippet of information, my heart was filling with joy,
it leapt into the heavens when I realised what I had always believed, that,
we the people of the Indus are a family with links going back into ancient history.

The Baloch, Sindhi, Pashtun, Kashmiri, Punjabi and other smaller Indus groups have always been, and shall always be brothers and sisters.

When there is a will there is a way. If you really do want to help there's loads to do and we could use your help. For instance the least you could do is help with editing articles that people want to read and publish; you've a good grip over language, at the very least.
If you know where to find me, how am i responsible for you getting lost along the way? Just ask Moonlight to forward me those.

As long as there is no conflict of interest professionally for me, I can help out.

I LOVE THIS, thank you so much.

With each snippet of information, my heart was filling with joy,
it leapt into the heavens when I realised what I had always believed, that,
we the people of the Indus are a family with links going back into ancient history.

The Baloch, Sindhi, Pashtun, Kashmiri, Punjabi and other smaller Indus groups have always been, and shall always be brothers and sisters.

This irrefutable proof to put this issue to rest. Ancient Gandharans were most closely related with Pukhtoons, Dardics , and other Pakistani ethnic groups in what is now Pakistan and Afghanistan today.

It is time for us to stand up and own our heritage and prevent the theft of it by outside cultures. We owe it to ourselves and also our progeny.

Prophet Muhammad saws cursed the person who lied about his heritage. Consider the billion plus Indians next door who have lied to the whole world and attempted to steal our inheritance.

@Mangus Ortus Novem @Ace of Spades

I'm not asking you to. I'm only informing you that there are ways to be productive here. This isn't a request, it's an opportunity.
If you know where to find me, how am i responsible for you getting lost along the way? Just ask Moonlight to forward me those.

As long as there is no conflict of interest professionally for me, I can help out.

I'm not asking you to. I'm only informing you that there are ways to be productive here. This isn't a request, it's an opportunity.
I hope i can fully exploit it

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom