What's new

The Future of Kashmir? "Seven" Possible Solutions!

yes of course its extremely complicated....hindustany say plebicite is not possible at this point; i personally dont see why it isnt.

If the new britisher ''report'' that came out on Kashmir is to be believed, then i dont see what objections hindustanys would have to it

yes of course its extremely complicated....hindustany say plebicite is not possible at this point; i personally dont see why it isnt.

If the new britisher ''report'' that came out on Kashmir is to be believed, then i dont see what objections hindustanys would have to it

Plebliscite is not possible because pakistany establishment has brought considerable changes in demographics of the region with the "locals" being outnumbered by outsiders. This would effectively manipulate the opinion of actual dwellers of the region.

India on its part have maintained the status quo as per the article 370 of Indian constitution. No outsider is allowed to reside permanently or buy property in kashmir

Last edited:
its a land dispute....not an ethnic dispute. Demographics have changed all over the place. Many Kashmiris also voluntarily left on Pakistani side and hindustany-occupied side -- to larger cities in search of jobs.

forget the demographics....given status quo, just hold the plebicite. I personally think the whole thing about demographics is exaggerated and over-stated bullshit. But that's my view.

its a land dispute....not an ethnic dispute. Demographics have changed all over the place. Many Kashmiris also voluntarily left on Pakistani side and hindustany-occupied side -- to larger cities in search of jobs.

forget the demographics....given status quo, just hold the plebicite. I personally think the whole thing about demographics is exaggerated and over-stated bullshit. But that's my view.

The significance of the plebiscite was to allow the then population to chose. That population demos no longer exist. So a plebiscite today does not conform to the sentiment of Kashmiris to decide fate of Kashmir on which the whole concept was based. Hence impractical and nothing but a red herring in the ongoing rivalry between India and Pakistan

ask the people LIVING IN THE LANDS -- people who call those lands HOME -- what they want to do.

the fact that hindustanys dont allow non-Kashmiris to purchase land is interesting. Then please don't feed me the lines that it is integral part of hindustan when you arent granting the 2 sides equal rights.

i heard of Muslim celebrities not being able to buy land in Mumbai. Same deal.

In Pakistan our mentality is different. If you have the cash, you can buy the land. Doesnt matter who you are --especially among Muslims. We dont think about ethnicity or other things. A Baluch Pakistani could pack up one day and go buy property in Gilgit if he wanted to, if he had the means to do so.

oye zardari, this thread is about solutions. That's my simple solution for a complicated matter like this.

It isn't just us ''whining'' do remember that. It is also the Kashmiris themselves. Quit being so self-centered, it's doing you no justice and no good.

ask the people LIVING IN THE LANDS -- people who call those lands HOME -- what they want to do.

the fact that hindustanys dont allow non-Kashmiris to purchase land is interesting. Then please don't feed me the lines that it is integral part of hindustan when you arent granting the 2 sides equal rights.

In Pakistan our mentality is different. If you have the cash, you can buy the land. Doesnt matter who you are --especially among Muslims. We dont think about ethnicity or other things. A Baluch Pakistani could pack up one day and go buy property in Gilgit if he wanted to, if he had the means to do so.

If that is the case then the Indian govt should abrogate Article 370 and bring in people from outside. The Kashmir valley (not the whole state of Jammu and Kashmir) will get inundated by mainland Indians who will turn the demographics in their favor within a short time and then hold the plebiscite.

How fair is that not very isn't it?

The folks living there(in Pakistan) at this point of time are not the ones for who this plebiscite was to be held...

Apart from Kashmir there are other states like Himachal Pradesh, Uttaranchal etc where non domiciles of the state can not purchase any land. This is done to maintain the ethinicity of the state. And there is no dispute in those states. And just like those states, J&K is an integral part of India for all concerned(except in wild dreams of some people across the border :azn:)

Dreams again. Funny thing is that the same media which is treated as a joke on this forum, suddenly becomes oh so credible when it reports against India.. Lame ??

Yes. I know.. Money talks in Pakistan :) .. btw.. am personally against not being able to buy land in hill states like Uttaranchal, Himachal and J&K. Had to seek 5000 permissions for my recent purchase of a small piece in Himachal.

If that is the case then the Indian govt should abrogate Article 370 and bring in people from outside. The Kashmir valley (not the whole state of Jammu and Kashmir) will get inundated by mainland Indians who will turn the demographics in their favor within a short time and then hold the plebiscite.

How fair is that not very isn't it?

Its a neat solution though. Problem solved in 5-7 years.

But if settlers are attacked and there is ethnic violence then situation will be worst then before. Problem may be solved in 500-700 years.

India needs to abide by the 2 passed UN resolutions. Whenever you remind India of the resolutions they dodge the question. If countries keep picking and choosing the UN resolutions they like and do not like there might not be any UN in 10 years. That could be a good thing though for smaller countries.

India needs to abide by the 2 passed UN resolutions. Whenever you remind India of the resolutions they dodge the question. If countries keep picking and choosing the UN resolutions they like and do not like there might not be any UN in 10 years. That could be a good thing though for smaller countries.

OK. As per the UN resolutions, Pakistan should first vacate the parts of pre-1947 Jammu and Kashmir state.
Also, Pakistan forfeited its right to demand implementation of the UN reoslutions once it tried force a military solution to the issue in 1965.
UN resolutions don't factor in the actual aspirations of the Kashmiris, which is complete independance from India and Pakistan.

But if settlers are attacked and there is ethnic violence then situation will be worst then before. Problem may be solved in 500-700 years.

Keep hoping dude.. If you want to do a reality check, google BPO industry in Kashmir. The process has already started. When money talks, every one listens.. And that goes for the separatist folks in J&K as well..

You need to read up the history a bit. There is no dodging. India rejected the resolution in 1950's. India and Pakistan both have their own versions of the reasons of that rejection. Today no other country except Pakistan talks about that resolution. Doesnt hurt us.. Go ahead.. knock your self out...

Back
Top Bottom