What's new

The Future of Kashmir? "Seven" Possible Solutions!

Only solution 2 is accepted for us.
and it is the real solution for the peace in this area.
all other solutions did not assure peace in the area.
India's occupation over Kashmir should be ende by force,it is only the language indians understand.
Kashmir is throughout a part of Pakistan.
It became an disputed territory due to injustice of Bratians.
Kashmir is allover Pakistan......

India's occupation over Kashmir should be ende by force,it is only the language indians understand.

Brother your new here, dont get over emotional over things, take it easy and use your head before you reply :cheers:

India's occupation over Kashmir should be ende by force,it is only the language indians understand.Kashmir is throughout a part of Pakistan.

:azn:

Please try...

My reply was to PAFAce on how you can wordsmith any thing if you do not have to back it up with solid data.. But since you decided to take it literally and respond, here goes....

you are now implying that the standard Pakistani supports terrorism. Great convincing. :rolleyes:
Not every Pakistani, but all those who support violent targetting of innocents in India in the name of Kashmir...

We provide moral support to people who want freedom, belonging to a disputed territory. We want them to seek self-determination; it is evident that there is widespread disdain for indian occupation in ioK

I dont think want of freedom is dependent on a territory being disputed or not. In that sense, we morally support the freedom struggle of people of Balochistan.We want them to seek self-determination; it is evident that there is widespread disdain for Pakistani rule in Balochistan

even though the naxalite issue doesnt really affect Pakistan, it is an alarming development. How many naxal affected areas are there? (forget about the other armed outfits and religious extremist groups/politicians in your country)
Quite a few actually, but thanks for your concern.. We are doing all right in progressing despite them.. Your alarm bells will be better utilized evaluating whats happening in Pakistan and why there are terror strikes in areas that have been declared cleared of TTP..

We are more concerned about terrorism affecting us; that is why our Armed Forces and police are doing all in their power to fix the situation.
Congrats and all the best.. These terrorists need to be wiped out completely and not selectively..

Incidentally, there are external enemies who are supporting our enemies -- i.e. blatantly anti-Pakistan forces -trained to sabotage and disrupt peace, and wage war against Pakistan nation.
You should treat them as you would treat these terrorists. If they are foreign non state actors, ask their country to prosecute them based on the credible evidence that you provide that can be used in that country's court of law

elaborate

Jammu and Kashmir's GDP grew this year by over 6 percents as compared to 2.4 % of Pakistan

???????

who is burning on the inside every time somebody drops the "K-bomb" (as your media calls it)
It seems to me that its only folks in Pakistan that are obsessed with this world. Kashmir is not part of our state policy (Its a state of ours). Its only Pakistan whose purpose of existence seems to be Kashmir...

indian keep making the mistake of forgetting that Baluchestan is not disputed territory. Do you see Pakistanis calling for West Bengal to unite with Bangladesh?
Go ahead and call for whatever.. As if it makes a difference.. You will not decide the rules (I mean outside this forum) on what Indians can and can not do. Pakistan raises Kashmir, India will raise Balochistan and turn the screws on IWT. Rules of engagement are not defined by one party...

Nevertheless, the Baluch have had some grievances with the federal government (not the state). Many of them are genuine concerns, and a lot is being done to solve the problems there. More could be done, and it requires political will of a battered administration.
Great.. Remember, India's support to them is only moral. If they get happy with Pakistani govt and stop demanding freedom, well and good...

But we do recognize that a lot of dirty games are being imposed on Pakistan from outside; we are angry about it but we wont let it control our lives.
A bit of introspection about your past policies of supporting terrorists attacks in India may also help here.. Mostly the problem is intrinsic and simple playing golf doesnt solve it..

Yes we are aware that indians are never satisfied, nor do they respect the rulings of our sovereign courts. What can we (or, of course, YOU) do about it? Those are court rulings. Apply for visa to Pakistan and come view the proceedings yourself, if you so desire.
No need to.. The results were known before the trials started...

not when all else fails.....we've been saying it since the beginning
Ok

Pakistan does not promote "terror as a state policy"

try to look beyond the sensationalist headlines on your newspapers
Arent you doing the same now

Nuclear proliferation is moot point. It isn't going on anymore. Pakistan is not supporting any terrorist groups.

It may have stopped now but does not gaurantee that it wont happen again when Pakistan needs money/technology/or any other thing from one of the nuclear aspirants in the world..

Same way there are Pakistanis who are passionate on similar issues after they lost friends/loved ones in Samjhota express bombing
And they should be

do you want me to answer it honestly?
Your call

Last edited:
1. Yes I support you there, the standard/Middle class Pakistani does not support terrorism. I have been to Pakistan myself so I know.

I hope you enjoyed your stay.

But if you tell me that the government of Pakistan or the army or the ISI or whoever is in charge of Pakistan does not support “Terror as a state policy”, then you are wrong.

I'm afraid I will have to disagree with you. None of the above supports terrorist groups. There may have been a few rotten apples in the past ---civilian/government/military/etc. that may have involved themselves in shady groups ---but it has no bearing or representativeness of the State of Pakistan.

Pakistan is a responsible country.

I don’t know how can even say that, as this is a fact that is verified by many past presidents and prime ministers of Pakistan. Most recently being Mr.Zardari -

Pakistanis don't support terrorism.

And I can almost say with full conviction that Pakistanis don't support Zardari either!!

Sponsoring the so called “Freedom Fighters”, who indulge in terrorism related activities is also called using terror as a state policy.

We support political figures in Kashmir. It is our responsibility to heed to their calls and provide moral support to them, as we have been doing. As we will continue to do.

The GOP has provided much more than just “Moral “support to anti-social organizations in Kashmir. This is a fact that you must accept as to be frank it is the truth.

again, there's 2 sides to this. Most of the insurgency in iok is purely Kashmiri phenomenon. Those are mostly locals who are doing the fighting against indian security forces --whom they perceive as occupiers. To them, and to some in and outside of Pakistan --it is a legitimate cause.

Supporting Kashmiris doesnt make Pakistan state/citizens "terrorist"

sectarian groups; non-state individuals who carried out massacres like Mumbai tragedy; those that aim to wage war and chaos on nation -- those are terrorists. A good example would be Al-Zulfiqar group of the late Murtaza Bhutto; he was supported by certain nearby countries. Kind of like BLA :)

2. I can see that you have lots of info about Naxals and extremist organizations in India. Im sure you would also have the same kind of knowledge about similar organizations in Pakistan. Bhaijan its time you worry about Pakistan and I worry about India.

re-read my post please

Its when we both switch roles is when problems are created. India the most diverse country on this planet by far and there are bound to be issues between different school of thoughts. But even after your so called “Freedom movements” India has managed to not only hold itself to together but also grow at a amazing pace.

good for you......iron out the differences that do exist. Many of which there are. Of course we wont worry about your affairs, as long as you dont embroil yourselves in ours. Simple as that.

i think india is more guilty of this crime, but I wont resort to tit-for-tat cross-talk

Where on the other hand Pakistan who started at the same time as us, has way less problems, only one religion, 10 maybe 20 different language and cultures is suffering quite a lot.

indian civilian institutions are stronger and much better founded than our own. That in itself is an advantage for you.

In Pakistan, we are dealing with the greater effects of a war along our northern border. We are dealing with neglect stemming from 1980s, when a problem was allowed to grow bigger and bigger. Pakistan federation is still strong, and the people are united now more than ever.

Really either my perception is wrong or your state policy is. One of us has to change his ways bhaijan.

I never said we havent also made mistakes. I think leadership is very important. There needs to be mutual trust and respect. We will not accept being bullied or cornered. History has shown this. Why dont we just sincerely resolve all outstanding issues and not let a few unruly non-state actors do all the talking and ..... acting...

3. Now lets come to the big Baluchistan issue, as we can see its become routine for Pakistani members to put all the blame for everything that is wrong with Pakistan on India. Do you really think every problem in Pakistan is because of us ?

Who said we are blaming everything on you. As far as you (indian) are concerned --yes there are major outstanding issues. But we also have our own priorities and obligations to meet, and india has nothing to do with them.

The fact is that the Taliban was created by people such as Hamid Gul and the isi to fight the Russians during the Soviet-Afghan war.

who provided weapons and funding? Fact of the matter is, it was in our interests to not have the Soviets at our doorstep. There is a new gathering of people in Pakistan who are asking --was it worth it???

I still say, yes it was. Many agree with me; some don't. We helped create taleban because our northern neighbour was being occupied and the people resisting were being attacked. Millions of Afghan refugees were pouring en-masse into Pakistan. We had a crisis on ours own hands.

Now after many year that same tiger is coming bite you, it becomes quite easy to blame the other guy. Its people like Hamid Gul who you should blame as they are the cause of all the troubles.

I want to know why indians resort to poster-boy syndromes like these. You attribute something like this to a specific figure (e.g. Lt. Gen [r] Gul or Zaid Hamid etc.).

Quick reality check: Lt. Gen. [r] Gul is very limited in his means at this time. To say he supports taleban now is beyond ridiculous. When you retire from the Army in Pakistan --- the honour of having served the motherland is so great. People respect you. Peers, neighbours, everybody respects you....... but bank account and means of living remains quite modest. How in hell would he be supporting them?

He has made his views quite clear on the matter. Just because the West abandoned Pakistan after the cold war, it means we should just abandon the people who liberated Afghanistan from occupation?

Those people began their in-fighting, and the taleban stopped the war; stopped the drugs; and united the tribes; ended the mass rapes and killings of rival factions. To do that in Afghanistan is quite the feat. I wouldnt attribute this success solely to a Retired Lt. Gen.

Such disturbed individuals have washed away they honesty by putting the blame on India so that no one comes after them. People like him still advocate the victory of the Taliban which is a very scary prospect for Pakistan.

I don't see Pakistanis lining up and anxious to listen to him speak. Do you?

I personally think he's a patriot. He's charismatic and speaks well. He loves the soil. He served the country well while in uniform. I don't agree with some things he says. I do think America and the West feel threatened by him because he is basically the "man who knows too much"

Its time to introspect rather than blame India. I don’t want to stress more on the Baluch issue as that is Pakistan’s internal matter and I don’t claim to be an “Expert”, on it.

we arent blaming india for all the problems......it would be stupid and unpatriotic to do so.

Pakistan has not achieved anything from the Kashmir issues and all of its strategic goals are still where they were 60 years ago.

No, I beg to differ. Patience is an important virtue. I think more and more Pakistanis are realizing this. At least I hope so.

A country with the potential of Pakistan could have been on a different level but because of the continuous stress on Kashmir has stopped all growth.

would a mother stop worrying about her child simply because she gets tired and worn out by doing so?

What do you think, will India just get up one day and give up Kashmir. Common Bhaijan we both know that is never going to happen and as India grows stronger it becomes even less likely.

the worlds biggest democracy should do the most democratic and brave thing - and take Kashmir issue to the spotlight and be willing to resolve it, based on will of Kashmiris.

Its time for Pakistan to stop focusing its resources on Kashmir as its seriously hampering its growth.

out of the question....

India and Indian have been the victims of terror way longer than anyone else in the world.

I don't think so. This is an exaggeration.

What many Indian have sacrificed or lost is incomparable to anything else. Living in the constant fear of death while visiting a theatre or shopping at a market is not pleasant to live with bhaijan.

by now, after 2 very tumultuous and testing years -- we know.

But whatever happens, happens. You could die crossing the street tomorrow. Can't let fear or emotions control your life, can you?

Anyways I can go on and on but I hope you get my point and I can change you point of view even in the slightest way. :cheers:

in the end, we reach no settlement.

But I appreciate that we can at least talk and agree on a few things.

We both want to see our countries succeed.....economically, politically, militarily etc. We want to lift the poor out of their desperate positions, we want modern facilities, modern infrastructure., favourable trade position, self-sufficiency etc. etc.

Unfortunately, sir, we have many diverging interests. The question is, how to narrow the gap.

I'm not an old fart yet :cheers:

so maybe in my lifetime I will see an end to the instability and unpredictable nature of this sub-continent.

Last edited:

Short reply to your take away Kashmir by force, if you could you could have done it already. In 1999 you started but did not moved ahead due to some reason.

Now serious discussion.
Kashmir solution by force.
Lets admit Pakistan cannot win India by force, no for another 2 decades.

Kashmir with help of terrorism
Lets assume terrorist activities take upward trend in India, few blast every month, some important leader killed.
What will be the result, Will India give Kashmir? No.
India Pakistan war? possible
Does this solve anything? nothing

Kashmir with help of international community
Will not work, as it has not worked so far, I guess will not work in future.

Now only option left is talk
India's stand is it will not give up Kashmir, now there is a reason for that. No leader can take a decision that does not have a mass support. Same goes with Pakistan, they cannot give up on Kashmir either

So the best way forward is give and take.
Now what can be that give and take without changing the boundary, can there be something which we can trade. Do you guys have anything in mind.

if nothing is there then I guess this will continue the same way.

strictly speeking(political scientifically) ; Kashmir problem is the zero-sum situation for india & pakistan.........therefore there are very less chances for the solution of kashmir problem
zero-sum is a situation in which a one participant's gain or loss is exactly balanced by the losses or gains of the other participant.

if one gains, another loses

some win-win situation of kashmir must be suggested .... in which both can agree with negotiations

Short reply to your take away Kashmir by force, if you could you could have done it already. In 1999 you started but did not moved ahead due to some reason.

Now serious discussion.
Kashmir solution by force.
Lets admit Pakistan cannot win India by force, no for another 2 decades.

Kashmir with help of terrorism
Lets assume terrorist activities take upward trend in India, few blast every month, some important leader killed.
What will be the result, Will India give Kashmir? No.
India Pakistan war? possible
Does this solve anything? nothing

Kashmir with help of international community
Will not work, as it has not worked so far, I guess will not work in future.

Now only option left is talk
India's stand is it will not give up Kashmir, now there is a reason for that. No leader can take a decision that does not have a mass support. Same goes with Pakistan, they cannot give up on Kashmir either

So the best way forward is give and take.
Now what can be that give and take without changing the boundary, can there be something which we can trade. Do you guys have anything in mind.

if nothing is there then I guess this will continue the same way.

After considering the big stealth of India, I would like to say you that you should not be sure that Pakistan will be beaten with India in war. Although it seems to us apparently that Pakistan is not likely to win with India in war but to me Pakistan will win (90% possibility) with India if they attack India for Kashmir desperately. Because India is not capable to beat Pakistan abruptly and if the war will continue then India will ultimately leave Kashmir to avoid more destruction of its economy and lives as India is a highly prosperous and developing country. Also Pakistan will not attack India to conquer the whole India but only for Kashmir portion. So when India will see that the both Kashmir and Pakistan is not letting them to stay in peace then India will leave Kashmir as its mere headache. Then India will think that we no need to suffer just for dominating Kashmiris, so let’s build India and leave Kashmir. Lastly, size dose not any matter and it’s not any Bollywood crap where India always wins and says those people terrorist who fight legally for independent. So Pakistan just needs to be desperate if they want Kashmir truly and I’m waiting to see Pakistan’s success over Kashmir issue by attacking India where apparently no other choice is remained as you said.

After considering the big stealth of India, I would like to say you that you should not be sure that Pakistan will be beaten with India in war. Although it seems to us apparently that Pakistan is not likely to win with India in war but to me Pakistan will win (90% possibility) with India if they attack India for Kashmir desperately. Because India is not capable to beat Pakistan abruptly and if the war will continue then India will ultimately leave Kashmir to avoid more destruction of its economy and lives as India is a highly prosperous and developing country. Also Pakistan will not attack India to conquer the whole India but only for Kashmir portion. So when India will see that the both Kashmir and Pakistan is not letting them to stay in peace then India will leave Kashmir as its mere headache. Then India will think that we no need to suffer just for dominating Kashmiris, so let’s build India and leave Kashmir. Lastly, size dose not any matter and it’s not any Bollywood crap where India always wins and says those people terrorist who fight legally for independent. So Pakistan just needs to be desperate if they want Kashmir truly and I’m waiting to see Pakistan’s success over Kashmir issue by attacking India where apparently no other choice is remained as you said.

are you serious...when you talking about Pakistan winning over India....
we are not backed by bollywood films
we are backed by better tactics & army & everything

Because India is not capable to beat Pakistan abruptly and if the war will continue then India will ultimately leave Kashmir to avoid more destruction of its economy and lives as India is a highly prosperous and developing country. .

In what way ?

talks r the only way to solve the matter.......a military conflict will not settle the issue,never........i myself will favor any decision taken by the kasmiris....cause this has gone too long.they r the one who r suffering.
but the decision should not just include only present kasmiris but those also who fled kashmir during the rise of militancy.....and moreover an environment should be created at first...which will ensure that if any such voting is conducted then all three parties r satisfied whatever be the result............

Please keep your nose our of matters that you have no Idea about, this issue is between Indian's and Pakistani's and we will solve it between us. Thank you for pearls of wisdom but they are not required. :cheers:

Bangladesh is an independent, sovereign nation. We respect their sovereignty, and enjoy cordial relations with Bangladesh and Bengali people.

"occupied again" :rolleyes:

mr. zolfiqar...d thread is long ,am new witout reading it all....can i request ur views on this matter...because u r think tank......

p.s. one of my most respected seniors(shaheed da) name is same as urs.. so will not take it....he n me r from same village.......

I would like to see Pakistan get all of Kashmir, but realize that is highly unlikely. However, I think that we should stop worrying about India and just focus on Azad Kashmir. We need to introduce a free-market economy there, and try to fully intergrate that part of Kashmir. Once Azad Kashmir is much more developed and much better security, rest of Kashmir would want to go with Pakistan, when you consider the Muslim majority overall.

The best way to turn Azad Kashmir into a thriving, modern state is to introduce a free-market economy there. It has worked for the United States, why not there. Plus, if Azad Kashmir develops into a modern state, more countries might be willing to give Pakistan more of Kashmir in a settlement with India.

I hope that I don't come off as too anti-Indian. I have nothing against India nor hold any bias agianst them. (Or at least try not to.) Hopefully, Pakistan and India can establish a international boundary and stop the bickering. :cheers:

Back
Top Bottom