What's new

The Fight against PKK Terrorism

[/QUOTE]

She is militant of PKK and has released 33 days ago.

The question is, why pkk would attack embassy of USA? Is pkk expendable for USA now?

bu ne ak polisler ne yapacagini bilmiyo, batıda bu tür operasyonlar jöak a verilmeli artık.

My heart is burning since yesterday. Please dont use aq. It depends on leadership and hard decision. Not only Jöak also Ökk and Pöh is ready, but MP listens to Hürriyet and Cumhuriyet to foreign and HDP propaganda and demoralize our guy.

@DrCrow. Please look in Cay Bahcesi. Simdi boyun egen yenilir. We know whom they are where they are. But PM is a anxious type and prefers punishing Sec.Forces then terrorists. YA VAR OLMAK YA YOK OLMAK. TO BE A STATE OR NOT TO BE OR BE A BANANA REPUBLIK !!!

Dispatches
Michael J. Totten

Turkey’s Parallel War
7 August 2015

Fighting between the Turkish government and the Kurdistan Worker’s Party (PKK) is heating up again after a two-year hiatus. In late July, the PKK murdered two Turkish policemen in their homes, and Turkish warplanes bombed PKK positions across the border in Iraqi Kurdistan.

The ceasefire between Turkey and the Kurds is officially off.

Which means Turkey is less likely than ever to help the rest of the world cope with ISIS.

It has been obvious for a while now that Turkey implicitly sides with ISIS against Syria’s Kurds since the Kurdish militias there are on side with the PKK. Less understood is that President Recep Tayyip Erdogan is also hammering the Kurds for purely domestic political reasons.

He’s doing everything he can to transform Turkey’s government from a parliamentary system to an “enhanced” presidential system, and if he pulls it off he’ll wield most of the power. Think of him as a wannabe elected Roman dictator or Hugo Chavez shorn of the Marxism.

“Erdoğan is accustomed to winning,” Claire Berlinski writes in Politico. “Since the 2002 general election that brought his AKP to power, he has defeated rival after rival, imprisoned military officer after military officer, prosecuted journalist after journalist, tear-gassed protest after protest; and — most importantly — won election after election.”

Recently, though, he hit an obstacle—the People’s Democratic Party (HDP), a united coalition of Kurdish nationalists that spans the political spectrum from the radical left to the socially conservative right. They united and won enough seats to derail Erdogan’s plans, handing his AKP its first parliamentary loss in thirteen years.

Plenty of Kurds voted for Erdogan in past elections, but one of the reasons the HDP won this time is because they know as well as the rest of us that Erdogan is implicitly siding with ISIS in Syria.

HDP party co-leader Selahattin Demirtaş is a reasonable and moderate man. He eschews the violence waged against the Turkish state by the PKK. No matter. Erdogan has him in the crosshairs, not because he’s a terrorist but because he won’t sign off on an “enhanced” presidency.

Berlinski lived in Istanbul for years and has forgotten more about the ins-and-outs of Turkey's Byzantine politics than most of the rest of us put together will ever know.

By Turkish law, if no coalition is formed before August 23, snap elections must be held — a “re-run,” as Erdoğan has termed it. So he has until then to correct the Peoples’ Will. As the Turkish economist Emre Deliveli has pointed out, data from 2007-2015 shows, quite strikingly, that support for the AKP rises after episodes of political violence.

So if you look at it from Erdoğan’s perspective — it’s all about the Palace — Demirtaş has to go. The easiest way to ensure that is to fracture the Kurdish vote: make sure Kurds grasp they must choose between Demirtaş and chaos. Smear the HDP with charges that they and the PKK are one. Whip up nationalist rage (it is not hard to do, in Turkey). That may help recoup the 2.5 to 3 percent of the vote the AKP lost to the nationalist MHP on June 7 as well.

After the election, Burhan Kuzu, one of Erdogan’s advisors, said “Yes, the election is over. The people have decided. I said ‘Either peace or chaos,’ and the people have elected chaos. May it bring happiness.”

Erdogan’s party, as Berlinski notes, is now delivering chaos.

The Kurds voted for a party that eschews violence, but they’re not getting peace, not in Syria and not in Turkey.

The Turkish-Kurdish civil war has lasted more than three decades. More than 40,000 people have already been killed. If this spins out of control again—and it easily could—NATO member Turkey will become even more hostile to our only ally in Syria capable of taking on ISIS.

Wherever this is heading, it will not bring happiness.

Dispatches
Michael J. Totten

Turkey’s Parallel War
7 August 2015

Fighting between the Turkish government and the Kurdistan Worker’s Party (PKK) is heating up again after a two-year hiatus. In late July, the PKK murdered two Turkish policemen in their homes, and Turkish warplanes bombed PKK positions across the border in Iraqi Kurdistan.

The ceasefire between Turkey and the Kurds is officially off.

Which means Turkey is less likely than ever to help the rest of the world cope with ISIS.

It has been obvious for a while now that Turkey implicitly sides with ISIS against Syria’s Kurds since the Kurdish militias there are on side with the PKK. Less understood is that President Recep Tayyip Erdogan is also hammering the Kurds for purely domestic political reasons.

He’s doing everything he can to transform Turkey’s government from a parliamentary system to an “enhanced” presidential system, and if he pulls it off he’ll wield most of the power. Think of him as a wannabe elected Roman dictator or Hugo Chavez shorn of the Marxism.

“Erdoğan is accustomed to winning,” Claire Berlinski writes in Politico. “Since the 2002 general election that brought his AKP to power, he has defeated rival after rival, imprisoned military officer after military officer, prosecuted journalist after journalist, tear-gassed protest after protest; and — most importantly — won election after election.”

Recently, though, he hit an obstacle—the People’s Democratic Party (HDP), a united coalition of Kurdish nationalists that spans the political spectrum from the radical left to the socially conservative right. They united and won enough seats to derail Erdogan’s plans, handing his AKP its first parliamentary loss in thirteen years.

Plenty of Kurds voted for Erdogan in past elections, but one of the reasons the HDP won this time is because they know as well as the rest of us that Erdogan is implicitly siding with ISIS in Syria.

HDP party co-leader Selahattin Demirtaş is a reasonable and moderate man. He eschews the violence waged against the Turkish state by the PKK. No matter. Erdogan has him in the crosshairs, not because he’s a terrorist but because he won’t sign off on an “enhanced” presidency.

Berlinski lived in Istanbul for years and has forgotten more about the ins-and-outs of Turkey's Byzantine politics than most of the rest of us put together will ever know.

By Turkish law, if no coalition is formed before August 23, snap elections must be held — a “re-run,” as Erdoğan has termed it. So he has until then to correct the Peoples’ Will. As the Turkish economist Emre Deliveli has pointed out, data from 2007-2015 shows, quite strikingly, that support for the AKP rises after episodes of political violence.

So if you look at it from Erdoğan’s perspective — it’s all about the Palace — Demirtaş has to go. The easiest way to ensure that is to fracture the Kurdish vote: make sure Kurds grasp they must choose between Demirtaş and chaos. Smear the HDP with charges that they and the PKK are one. Whip up nationalist rage (it is not hard to do, in Turkey). That may help recoup the 2.5 to 3 percent of the vote the AKP lost to the nationalist MHP on June 7 as well.

After the election, Burhan Kuzu, one of Erdogan’s advisors, said “Yes, the election is over. The people have decided. I said ‘Either peace or chaos,’ and the people have elected chaos. May it bring happiness.”

Erdogan’s party, as Berlinski notes, is now delivering chaos.

The Kurds voted for a party that eschews violence, but they’re not getting peace, not in Syria and not in Turkey.

The Turkish-Kurdish civil war has lasted more than three decades. More than 40,000 people have already been killed. If this spins out of control again—and it easily could—NATO member Turkey will become even more hostile to our only ally in Syria capable of taking on ISIS.

Wherever this is heading, it will not bring happiness.
Your hate towards Turkey must be deep when you even support terrorists just because they are fighting Turkish state.

We dont care if ypg or pkk is your ally, hopefully Turkish airforce will bomb the shyte out of them, we hear about new terror attacks every other day, enough is enough.

Your hate towards Turkey must be deep when you even support terrorists just because they are fighting Turkish state.
I don't think either Turkey's leadership or the PKK are seeking the most humanitarian solution at the moment.

We dont care if ypg or pkk is your ally, hopefully Turkish airforce will bomb the shyte out of them -
Don't know about them being my allies. I'm wondering why they aren't yours.

...we hear about new terror attacks every other day, enough is enough.
The overwhelming number of victims of terror attacks in Turkey have been Kurds at the hands of ISIS, so Turkey's answer is to bomb lots of Kurds and a handful of ISIS fighters, apparently just for show. Your hate towards Kurds must be deep when you even support terrorists fighting the Turkish state.

News says 390+ rats put out. Is this data verified or just a morale boost?

I don't think either Turkey's leadership or the PKK are seeking the most humanitarian solution at the moment.

The overwhelming number of victims of terror attacks in Turkey have been Kurds at the hands of ISIS, so Turkey's answer is to bomb lots of Kurds and a handful of ISIS fighters, apparently just for show. Your hate towards Kurds must be deep when you even support terrorists fighting the Turkish state.

There is no "humanitarian" solution. You don't negotiate with people that execute policemen in their sleep or try to burn minibuses full of civilians with Molotovs. You bomb them into oblivion, grab them by the throat and smash it into their heads that the only way they survive is the lay down arms. We are in phase one.

There is no "humanitarian" solution. You don't negotiate with people that execute policemen in their sleep or try to burn minibuses full of civilians with Molotovs. You bomb them into oblivion, grab them by the throat and smash it into their heads that the only way they survive is the lay down arms. We are in phase one.
A century ago, due to a handful of miscreants, the Ottomans marched over a million Armenians into the desert to die from exposure and starvation. Are you so eager to repeat the deeds of your grandfathers?

The actual number is much higher. I heard from my sources on the front, in-and abroad. Govt. hides real numbers . Believe it.

We had a peace talk going on for two years which pkk violated several times, we tried the humanitarian way.

The article says ypg (which is the Syrian wing of pkk) is their ally and you shared it so you must think the same no?

The overwhelming number of victims of terror attacks in Turkey have been Kurds at the hands of ISIS,
The fvck? What are you smoking? There was one bombing that targeted Kurds, but there is a blody histroy of pkk attacks in Turkey, now twisting facts or what?

so Turkey's answer is to bomb lots of Kurds and a handful of ISIS fighters
No we are bombing pkk, an internationally recognized terrorist organization far from civilian places in the mountains of KRG.

Your hate towards Kurds must be deep when you even support terrorists fighting the Turkish state.
Oh now i became a isis supporter, why exactly if i may ask? Because i want terrorists terrorizing my country six feet under? A very cheap attempt of you, would have expected better from you to be honest.

A century ago, due to a handful of miscreants, the Ottomans marched over a million Armenians into the desert to die from exposure and starvation. Are you so eager to repeat the deeds of your grandfathers?
Thats always the thing with you, bring Armenians in topics that have nothing to do with when you run out of arguments.

My grandfather marched to Yemen and never a piece of him came back ! Tasnak and Hincak massacred ten thousands muslim Ottomans. It was deportation ! No GENOCIDE. Industrialized Genocide happened in Germany against 6 Mio Jews, gipsies, oppositians and others !!

Well a dying state in its death throes doesn't have the time, money, manpower or patience to weed out each individual traitor (please the word miscreant makes them look like naughty schoolboys and not the rapists and murderers they were) so the end result was a little hop down to Eastern Syria (sucks to be them).

As for the PKK, we are weeding them out individually. Do you not follow the news? Furthermore do you really think the PKK represents every single Kurd in Turkey? If so I suggest you seek psychological help because that's just dead wrong. The Republic will hunt down and eliminate ANY group (PKK, DHKP-C etc) that pose a threat to any cm2 land of the Republic and its citizens. The rest is dust in the wind.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom