What's new

The fall of Kunduz: Should India help Afghanistan militarily?

pakistani342

Reaction score
Country
United States
Article on DNA here, excerpts below:

This is good news for India, which has been for long stuck between the debate as whether to supply Kabul with weapons it has requested Delhi for or not. Afghan Defence Minister Mohammed Masoon Stanekazi recently said, while confirming that Kabul has “no doubts” the Taliban leadership resides in Pakistan, that the country requires weapons on an immediate basis and that where they come from is not the question, but who can provide them the fastest. India usually comes up as a practical answer to these problems for Kabul, however Delhi even under Prime Minister Narendra Modi has chosen to remain non-committal.

India perhaps can validly argue that it has good reasons for not arming Afghanistan. The last thing Delhi would want is ‘Made in India’ military hardware to fall in the wrong hands in Afghanistan. Second, it could damage the country’s reputation as a donor and aid provider amongst the Afghan people. However, despite such concerns, Delhi should find itself capable and confident enough to provide Afghanistan with non-lethal military aid much more proactively. A failed Afghanistan could be a huge headache for India as far as its national security is concerned, and such a failure should be seen as an unacceptable outcome irrespective of who is in power, both in Kabul and New Delhi.

To answer the question in word :Yes!

I don't know why Indian policy is Afghanistan is so wimpy so as to refuse to provide Afghanistan a few weapons while sending suitcases of money to build roads and schools et al that will invariably fall in the hands of theTaliban if India does not step up.

To answer the question in word :Yes!

I don't know why Indian policy is Afghanistan is so wimpy so as to refuse to provide Afghanistan a few weapons while sending suitcases of money to build roads and schools et al that will invariably fall in the hands of theTaliban if India does not step up.
Because of us you want to bring soldiers in please give it a try

Of course, of course, Indian army should be in Afghanistan to help ANA. It's the test time of friendship.

Idiots won't learn from history, don't forget hindu Kush mountains :lol:

Idiots won't learn from history, don't forget hindu Kush mountains :lol:

I have a feeling that this will thread will get trolled pretty soon.

On topic : India should provide the ANSF with equipment, a dozon Mi-35s would be a game changer, no need for boots, it will further inflame regional tensions.

We are going to decommission our Mig series anyway .So just upgrade that and should give it to the ANA and also those MI 35 after the induction of LCH.Mig21 Bison is so familiar to Afghanis and would be enough to bomb Taliban.
But no boots.We dont have that kind of resource.

IMO India should not send its troops to Afghanistan. All Afghanistan and ANA needs is more infrastructure and more weapons.

Reasons for India to not send troops to Afganistan:

• Any Indian involvement would provoke Pakistan, which in turn would further destabilize the entire region. (on LOC, in Afghanistan).
  • Bad impact on Indian economy.
  • Many parts of the country are already under armed control.
Though India is involved in many projects in Afghanistan and these projects generate a lot of goodwill for India as well as for Indians; hence these projects must be protected from the assault of Taliban or ISI sponsored groups. All Afghanistan needs is military infrastructure and sophisticated weaponry to fight the Taliban. So

• India should train more Afghan troops.
  • India should provide Afghanistan with some heavy weapons which does not have license issues etc.
Hope our Afghan brothers will weed out these terrorists scum soon :sniper:

:cheers:

Might as well- Pakistanis are convinced they are already doing so.

We are going to decommission our Mig series anyway .So just upgrade that and should give it to the ANA and also those MI 35 after the induction of LCH.Mig21 Bison is so familiar to Afghanis and would be enough to bomb Taliban.
But no boots.We dont have that kind of resource.

Dear Sir,

These airframes have a life. That life has been exceeded several times. There is nothing left in those aircraft.

I say, India should send it's troops to Afghanistan, as well as provide heavy military aid to the country. What could possibly go wrong? After all, Afghanistan is India's natural ally and friend.

I have a feeling that this will thread will get trolled pretty soon.

On topic : India should provide the ANSF with equipment, a dozon Mi-35s would be a game changer, no need for boots, it will further inflame regional tensions.
Dude I think we only have a dozen serviceable mi 35 left :P ,in my opinion the afghan government need to come clean on their commitment for India Afghanistan strategic partnership,present ghani government has taken India for a joy ride @Joe Shearer

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom