What's new

The F-35 just proved it can take Russian or Chinese airspace without firing a shot

Likewise China have huge geographic advantage. The vast distances in Asia Pacific makes deployment of the short range F35 very complicated.
f-22_f-35_combat_radius.jpg

The US and China have nearly identical geographical area sizes.

China’s First Quantum Radar Able to Detect Stealth Fighter Far Away
Posted: September 15, 2016 | Author: chankaiyee2

The 14th Research Institute of China Electronics Technology Group Corporation has developed China’s first quantum radar system based on single-quantum detection.

The Institute has joined force with the University of Science and Technology of China, the 27th Research Institute of China Electronics Technology Group Corporation, Nanjing University and other entities in the research and development of the radar.

Tests have proved that the radar can detect stealth fighter jets hundreds of km away in real atmosphere environment. As the radar consumes less energy, needs light platform to install, and is reliable and confidential in complicated electromagnetic environment, it has overcome traditional radar’s inability to detect targets of low visibility or survive in electronic warfare and significant loading requirement for its platform.

Sources say that the institute regards the success in making China’s first quantum radar as only the beginning that has laid foundation for the design, research, development and testing of further better microwave quantum radar.

Source: Chinanews.com “China succeeds in making first quantum radar that makes US stealth fight jet nowhere to flee” (summary by Chan Kai Yee based on the report in Chinese)

Sorry for killing your Wet Dream :-)

china is super power ,world leader and doesn't give dam about US

that's what Chinese think

LOL An American lecturing others about contradictions. Just look at the past decade at your own country and the only thing coming to your mind would be contradiction. It is better for you to not lecture others about contradictions.

Likewise, if you know you have never served in the military, you would have never spoke with 'absolute and unequivocal authority' on a subject you know nothing about.

How do you know I have never served in the military? You keep making absurd claims. Don't make assumptions because you know what they say about them. They are after all the mother of all fvck ups.

I know with 100% certainty that your country will never attack stronger opponents such as Russia or China. Your history of wars proves this fact. You can only go after weak opponents such as Afghanistan and Iraq because they don't represent a challenge. The F-35 won't even see the daylight in Russia or China for that matter. Dispute this as much as you like, but until this fighter hasn't entered the Chinese or Russian airspace I'm always correct. Also, you won't use these fighters to mount an attack from a remote position outside the airspace. Russian and Chinese radars can monitor outside their borders. That includes stealthy objects. Don't deny this.

The Americans on this forum have represented the US Army, US Navy, and US Air Force. We have posted detailed explanations on how things work and what the military life is like in ways that most sensible people know that only veterans would know. We have done it out of proportion to how many Americans are there on tthis forum.

You could be Joe the plumber for all I know. I'm sorry I cannot verify your claims. Even if I were to believe your every word, this doesn't in anyway prove that you are always right and free of errors. Just because you claim to have served in the US army doesn't make you right by default. Get off the high horse and stop thinking that you are always correct and everyone else wrong. This thinking reeks with arrogance.

What offends us the most is NOT the insults the likes of you leveled at us, but at the gross ignorance the likes of you revealed on the theme of this forum: the military.

Insults? LOL I would insult you if I called you bad names or offended you purposefully. You are again mistaken. I am just pointing out the obvious and you are thin-skinned to acknowledge this. You claim to be the best professional expert of military, yet you cannot discuss without feeling offended. You accuse others of being ignorant, but the irony is that you yourself are insecure and ignorant. You believe that you have the God given right to be correct on every issue. Hate to burst your bubble.

How ? Based upon what ? Your military experience ? :lol:

Again, you don't even know my name. How would you even know whether I have served? Again, making false assumption.

What you missed about the article is that the F-35 does not need to enter Chinese airspace in order to observe and send what it observed to a third party.

Yes, the article does say this...

I know exactly what I was referring to and you have not taken the time to properly understand. You feel victimized and insulted at every criticism or fair observation made against you. There is no cure for such arrogance.

You think China and Russia don't have the ability to track and trace your "invisible" fighters even outside their borders? Think again. Just because you call them stealthy doesn't mean that there are no radars out there that could detect them. It might be more difficult, but certainly not impossible. We know how renowned and advanced Russian radar technology is. Something that even the most ardent American analysts are willing to admit. China has also made enormous strides over the years in this area. You are living in lala land if you think that your fighters are invincible and undetectable.

But the F-35's radar can enable the F-35 to look over a country's border without crossing said border. We have done such sidescan operations with the old SR-71 cameras. So what make you think we must cross Chinese airspace in order to observe ?

With this test, the US further reinforce our lead in tactical network enable combat techniques, something your Chinese friends are still struggling with.

Get off the high horse. You know very well that the defence and aviation industry is just like a cat and mouse game. Just because stealth tech was undetectable at its infancy doesn't mean that this is still the case today. Not to even mention how a Serbianmissile downed the "mighty" stealthy F-117 back in the day. If that was the case back then you can do the math in this day and age.

No one is disputing US spying capabilities. So, I don't even know why you bring that up. Also, what the US can do, the Russians and Chinese can do better. You are getting hacked like mad every other day. Don't think you are the only ones with satellites or other observing technologies out there. The world has changed and evolved. Your superiority gap is not what it used to be.

Here is what the article said...

The land based ABMD can be outside of those borders. If we can do it to a land based missile unit, we can do it to a sub based one.

The F-35 can stay outside a country's border, create a list of targets, and send that list to a land/sub based ballistic missile delivery system. That mean we can put Yulin naval base under threat and China would not know it, and if there is a shooting fight between US and China, we would be able to target all vital mainland China vital defense basing before the first bullet.

China and Russia too have various offensive capabilities that the US wouldn't be able to detect. From submarines that have popped up undetected during US naval excercises to powerful Russian radars that the US doesn't want to fall into the hands of other rival nations. That in itself is an admission that the Americans are bluffing and fearful.

Besides, you still haven't answered one very critical question. Haven't top level US officials accused China of stealing highly sensitive data related to F-35? Doesn't that compromise all the capabilities of this fighter? All your claims regarding F-35's stealth invincibility become empty. Don't dodge this question.

You think we are amateurs at this ?

Not amateurs, but arrogant and foolish. You have a tendency of underestimating and downplaying others. We know where this nasty habit stems from. It is arrogance.

gambit said:
You want to see arrogance ? Go look in the mirror.,

No need to. You are the embodiment of arrogance and you display it every day on this forum.

A janitor on an aircraft carrier would be more of an expert than all you COMBINED.

The irony is that you accuse others of lacking expertise. Yet, every word that you type reeks with sheer arrogance and duplicity. You have to depend on capitals and bold fonts to express yourself. Grow some confidence and please don't feel victimized at every exchange.

The F-111 was controversial, and yet it became the Soviet's most feared penetration fighter-bomber. That fear was confirmed by Adolf Tolkachev when he sent to the West the Kremlin's lack of response to the F-111s in England.

The F-16 has its own technical issues, and yet it is better than anything your China have yet produced.

Face it, kid. Any of our jet with technical issues is still better than the stuff your China is trying to replicate.

LOL @ China not possessing something along the lines of F-16. Yet, you accuse others of ignorance. China has so much on offer that you wouldn't know what hit you in broad daylight. From deadly and advanced carrier missiles to super stealthy fighters that would get your F-22 red faced. You talk about the compromised and inferior F-35? Don't make me laugh.

Don't kid me. You are in decline and you know it. You are fearful and bitter of the world around you. You blame everyone and everything around you. The days of solo-supremacy are over. We live in a multipolar world today and understandably that is a difficult prospect for you.[/QUOTE]

Last edited:
Its been over 2 years since this thread was posted about how great of a figher F35 is, yet all it proved that it is an over priced jet, which is trying to do too many things all at the same time and here we are supposed to trust such boastful non-sense.

this job can be done by any uav so why to waste money in f35 if it is not required to fire any missile

I hoped the Americans wouldn’t act like the Indians with their Tejas while talking about the F-35. Some certain military professional here should have thought about the fact that a jet that has failed to do anything ever since the project started doesn’t win a war. Neither the USA nor China are dumb enough to do a full scale war. They’re both too powerful for that. Today’s wars are fought with economies, politics and proxies. And while no country beats the USA at proxies. Nobody beats China at economy. Now that is a deciding factor. Not a single jet or firepower. The USA learned that in Vietnam when both politics, power and economy failed it due to nothing but a strong proxy. Hence their position today…
Now that that’s over with, continue your meaningless, idealistic banter on a defense forum. Sure to win a war. :)

Unlike the US military in Japan, F-35 at least does not rape, only kills.

Back
Top Bottom