What's new

The Dark Knight Rises: India’s Light Combat Helicopter

well i hope our IAF will buy more apaches also because look at our neighbour they are having 3 to 4 different types of attack choppers and pak also started to induct more tanks. its important for us to 200 lch(both ia and iaf) and some 60-80 apaches.

well i hope our IAF will buy more apaches also because look at our neighbour they are having 3 to 4 different types of attack choppers and pak also started to induct more tanks. its important for us to 200 lch(both ia and iaf) and some 60-80 apaches.

IAF is not going to order the LCHs anymore mate. All the 180 LCHs will be transferred to Army Aviation after MOD ruling.

Expect massive influx of chopper pilot recruits in the coming two years.

TD-2 flew in June 2011. I hope they can fly one more before it reaches two years gap. The time frame for production of TD-3 is not something to be very proud. I hope they finish the testing fast.

I CAME TO THIS THREAD ONLY BECAUSE.......................

the_dark_knight_rises_poster_lead_0.jpeg

.......................I LIKED THE MOVIE :D :D

TD-2 flew in June 2011. I hope they can fly one more before it reaches two years gap. The time frame for production of TD-3 is not something to be very proud. I hope they finish the testing fast.

because TD3 will be the production variant. so it needs more time and i read they are planning to reduce the empty weight of PV when compared to TD2.

:undecided: isnt empty weight is just 2700 k.g? euro copter weigh more then 3000 k.g , chinese wz-10 weigh more then 5000kg ( as per wiki) why we need more lighter heli. ?

:undecided: isnt empty weight is just 2700 k.g? euro copter weigh more then 3000 k.g , chinese wz-10 weigh more then 5000kg ( as per wiki) why we need more lighter heli. ?

To be able to operate at higher altitudes with full payload. Apaches, Wz-10 simply can't reach those heights.

Epic,i understand now why ATGMs were given low priority for its payload,because at 20000 ft there are no tanks lol.

Epic,i understand now why ATGMs were given low priority for its payload,because at 20000 ft there are no tanks lol.

20000 ft is its maximum service ceiling , it will use ATGMs elsewhere . moreover it's payload could be increased if it has to fly lower (eg.western front )

20000 ft is its maximum service ceiling , it will use ATGMs elsewhere . moreover it's payload could be increased if it has to fly lower (eg.western front )

max ceiling is around 21,300+ ft to be exact. ( 6500m )

This year end or by end of 2013?

this year-end. fall 2012.

if everything goes ssmooth.

Looks like we have a winner at hand.

I have every reason to believe that the AMCA will fly before 2018 and it will be a masterpiece, and aerodynamic wonder, just like the Light Combat Helicopter.
What does this means. Because ADA has hardly done anything to show for as for AMCA is concerned. Looks like they are being just too optimistic about AMCA.

Back
Top Bottom