What's new

The Conflict in Syria as it Relates to Turkey | Updates & Discussions

Turkey puts Nusra Front on 'terror list'

The Nusra Front, which operates as Al-Qaeda's official wing in Syria under the command of Abu Muhammad al-Golani, has been fighting against Bashar al-Assad's regime in the three-year civil war.
World Bulletin / News Desk

Turkey has designated Al Nusra Front - a branch of Al-Qaeda operating in Syria and Lebanon - as a terrorist organization after the decision was announced by the Turkish Council of Ministers on Tuesday.

The decision, which was published in Turkey's Official newspaper, states that individuals and organizations linked to the group may now have their assets frozen.

The Nusra Front, which operates as Al-Qaeda's official wing in Syria under the command of Abu Muhammad al-Golani, has been fighting against Bashar al-Assad's regime in the three-year civil war, often alongside other local brigades.

They have also been engaged in fighting with the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (ISIL), a breakaway group which was disowned by Al-Qaeda under the command of Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi.

Both groups have been active along the Syrian border with Turkey, causing great concern.

Al-Nusra was listed as terrorist organization by the United States in December 2012. Several other countries, such as Australia and the United Kingdom, as well as the United Nations, also recognize it as a terrorist organization.

Turkey puts Nusra Front on 'terror list' | General | Worldbulletin News

Turkey puts Nusra Front on 'terror list'

The Nusra Front, which operates as Al-Qaeda's official wing in Syria under the command of Abu Muhammad al-Golani, has been fighting against Bashar al-Assad's regime in the three-year civil war.

Turkey has designated Al Nusra Front - a branch of Al-Qaeda operating in Syria and Lebanon - as a terrorist organization after the decision was announced by the Turkish Council of Ministers on Tuesday.

The decision, which was published in Turkey's Official newspaper, states that individuals and organizations linked to the group may now have their assets frozen.

The Nusra Front, which operates as Al-Qaeda's official wing in Syria under the command of Abu Muhammad al-Golani, has been fighting against Bashar al-Assad's regime in the three-year civil war, often alongside other local brigades.

They have also been engaged in fighting with the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (ISIL), a breakaway group which was disowned by Al-Qaeda under the command of Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi.

Both groups have been active along the Syrian border with Turkey, causing great concern.

Al-Nusra was listed as terrorist organization by the United States in December 2012. Several other countries, such as Australia and the United Kingdom, as well as the United Nations, also recognize it as a terrorist organization.

Turkey puts Nusra Front on 'terror list' | General | Worldbulletin News
Nusra Front= F$A terrorists... All of F$A terrorists "battles" were fought by Nusra Front terrorists... and AKP always supported them and gave them weapons...

Being a secular country is far better than your current dangerously growing situation !

Al-Qaeda style Islam is growing very fast in Turkey (faster in small cities & villages) !

If you remember 2 years ago I said Assad will stay in power ... Base on classified data ... Yes !

And he is still in power !

Now I am telling you , if you don't stop Saudi poison in your country , you will face a real nightmare !

This is not joke ... This is a happening reality !

This kind of creatures count other peoples from other religions & sects , animal !

Just remember what I said ...
It is not if Assad is still in power but how he is in power. He lost all Northern territories and he has no soldiers or equipment left to retake it. The dog survives another day to live another day but he can't change his destiny anymore. And Iran also ran out of resources and terrorist to poor into Assad's battle. It is over.

It is not if Assad is still in power but how he is in power. He lost all Northern territories and he has no soldiers or equipment left to retake it. The dog survives another day to live another day but he can't change his destiny anymore. And Iran also ran out of resources and terrorist to poor into Assad's battle. It is over.

2 years ago you said only 2 weeks !

Go on ... I don't care about people like you ... I am only worried about normal people with healthy minds !

Just time is responsible for reality :)

2 years ago you said only 2 weeks !

Go on ... I don't care about people like you ... I am only worried about normal people with healthy minds !

Just time is responsible for reality :)
It is not about time but about the outcome.

Assad and Iran lost the battle.

Game over. :lol:

WEBCAMGAMEOVERMASTER01.gif

It is not about time but about the outcome.

Assad and Iran lost the battle.

Game over. :lol:

WEBCAMGAMEOVERMASTER01.gif

I see no signs of Assad going down, rebellion is divided and scattered, FSA is weakened greatly, they cannot bring Assad down, they barely cling to lands they control at Northern areas, which is largely thanks to Turkey.

On the other hand Assad can't clean up the country and get full control, if I was him, I would secure strategical logications(militariliy and economically) and just leave the rest, sometimes you need to cut the infected arm.

I see no signs of Assad going down, rebellion is divided and scattered, FSA is weakened greatly, they cannot bring Assad down, they barely cling to lands they control at Northern areas, which is largely thanks to Turkey.

On the other hand Assad can't clean up the country and get full control, if I was him, I would secure strategical logications(militariliy and economically) and just leave the rest, sometimes you need to cut the infected arm.
Assad is in worse state. He is gone through all his man power and equipment. No way he can launch asault on Northern territories.

Meanwhile the rebels have steady inflow of manpower and equipment from abroad. Assad has only support from Iran and slowly that is deminishing because Iran is also going through its resources. Iran has to fight both in Iraq and Syria now, the sunni tribes are rebeling against Shia government there too.

On long term the rebels will brake through Assad's defences. It is mathematical fact. Especially since recently the rebel factions are teaming up now.

Assad is in worse state. He is gone through all his man power and equipment. No way he can launch asault on Northern territories.

Meanwhile the rebels have steady inflow of manpower and equipment from abroad. Assad has only support from Iran and slowly that is deminishing because Iran is also going through its resources. Iran has to fight both in Iraq and Syria now, the sunni tribes are rebeling against Shia government there too.

On long term the rebels will brake through Assad's defences. It is mathematical fact. Especially since recently the rebel factions are teaming up now.

Nah, Sunnis are majority in Syria, and rebels keep getting man power and arms since the start of war, what did they achieved so far ? their power is broken, if they were united they would have a change of but fundementalists and moderates weakened each other, FSA is pincered from many sides, the man power flow isgoes to al qaeda kind of organizations, not FSA.

Assad can only go down if ISIS eliminates and absorbs all other rebels and fully goes againts him, other wise there is no rebel force that can launch a heavy assault that can bring Assad down.

Tayyip's plans didn't went smoothly, things are pretty messed up.

Nah, Sunnis are majority in Syria, and rebels keep getting man power and arms since the start of war, what did they achieved so far ? their power is broken, if they were united they would have a change of but fundementalists and moderates weakened each other, FSA is pincered from many sides, the man power flow isgoes to al qaeda kind of organizations, not FSA.

Assad can only go down if ISIS eliminates and absorbs all other rebels and fully goes againts him, other wise there is no rebel force that can launch a heavy assault that can bring Assad down.

Tayyip's plans didn't went smoothly, things are pretty messed up.
It is stalemate for now but I don't see Assad coming back to Northern territories within this century. He simply doesn't have the manpower and equipment or support from Iran. Probably rebels will agree on common front and give Assad final blow. I think the conflict there will go on for couple of more years though.

It is stalemate for now but I don't see Assad coming back to Northern territories within this century. He simply doesn't have the manpower and equipment or support from Iran. Probably rebels will agree on common front and give Assad final blow. I think the conflict there will go on for couple of more years though.

I didn't said anything different, of course Assad is also in no condition to take back all the lost lands, as I said best option for him is give up on parts of old Syria and continue with a new map.

I don't think there is anybody that could ally with ISIL other then may be some independent fundementalist groups, ISIS would not ally with FSA , and if they eliminate FSA this is bad news for everyone, nobody would support ISIL, either way things are messed up for rebel side.

Syria rebels hoist ISIL flag along Turkish border

isil-flag.jpg

The flag could be seen from Turkey's border town of Akcakale in the Sanliurfa province, which is directly across from the ISIL-held Syrian district of Tel Abyad.

Rebels loyal to the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (ISIL) have hoisted a black flag on the Syrian border with Turkey a day after declaring the establishment of an Islamic Caliphate from the Iraqi city of Diyala to the Syrian city of Aleppo.

The flag could be seen from Turkey's border town of Akcakale in the Sanliurfa province, which is directly across from the ISIL-held Syrian district of Tel Abyad.

The ISIL, a breakaway group from Al Qaeda, has been on a rampage across northern parts of Iraq and Syria after a long campaign against the governments of both countries as well as rival rebel groups.

After capturing the city of Mosul on June 10 with the support of Sunni tribes in Iraq, the ISIL were quick to move on to Tikrit before smashing through the Iraqi border with Syria, creating a pathway between their two fields of operation.

They also declared their leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi as the new caliph, or leader of the Muslim world.

The ISIL have been in a spat with Turkey before, as the strengthen their grip in northern Syria along the Turkish border.

Previously, the ISIL threatened to attack Turkey's Suleiman Shah base in Aleppo, to which Turkey responded by threatening airstrikes against ISIL targets.

Syria rebels hoist ISIL flag along Turkish border | Middle East | Worldbulletin News

Kurds go to Syria from Turkey to fight Islamists

(Reuters) - A new offensive by al Qaeda offshoot the Islamic State on Kurdish-held areas of northern Syria has triggered a regional call for arms from the Kurds, and Turkish Kurds are coming to their aid.

The war in Syria has already drawn in an array of regional players and the regional Kurdish involvement complicates an increasingly fragmented scene across Syria and Iraq, where the Islamic state took control of large areas last month.

The hardline Sunni militants launched a new push towards the Syrian city of Ain al-Arab about two weeks ago using weaponry seized from Iraq including new missiles and U.S.-made armored Humvee vehicles, Syrian Kurdish officials say.

The predominantly Kurdish city is known as Kobani to the Kurds who have controlled it since 2012, part of an expansion of their influence following the collapse of central government control that has allowed for closer ties with Kurds across the border.

"Our brothers in northern Kurdistan - Turkish Kurdistan - have started a campaign to send youths to Kobani to defend it," said Redur Xelil, spokesman for the armed Syrian Kurdish group the YPG, or the People's Protection Units.

"There are some youths who have crossed the border from Turkey to Kobani who are now in the frontlines alongside the People's Protection Units," he said by telephone.

"It is all to repel the Islamic State."

A Turkish security official said Kurdish militants were heading to Syria from camps run by the Kurdistan Workers Party (PKK) in northern Iraq.

"The PKK sent some of its militants to Kobani after (Islamic State) attacks," the official, speaking on condition of anonymity, said.

Syria has already turned into a sectarian battleground with Shi'ite groups from Lebanon and Iraq fighting on the side of the Damascus government while Sunni foreign fighters from across the world are fighting with the Islamic State.

It is widely believed that Kurds from Turkey have been fighting covertly alongside the Kurds in Syria for some time. The Syrian Kurds have declared an autonomous provincial government in ethnic Kurdish areas.

Ain al-Arab and the surrounding areas fell under Kurdish control a year into the uprising against President Bashar al-Assad that has since turned into an armed insurgency dominated by radical Sunni Islamists.

ISLAMIC STATE "MAKES PROGRESS"

The Islamic State, which last month declared its leader caliph, or leader of all the world's Muslims, has seized no fewer than 10 villages near Kobani in the last 15 days, said Rami Abdurrahman, founder of the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights, which records developments in the Syrian war.

"They have certainly made progress," he said, adding that fatalities on both side were measured in the dozens.

A Twitter account affiliated with the Islamic State reported mortar attacks on Ain al-Arab on Saturday.

Ain al-Arab is the only part of a 300 km (190 mile) section of the border with Turkey not controlled by the Islamic State, previously known as the Islamic State in Iraq and the Levant (ISIL), Abdurrahman said.

Among the Kurds, he said the dead included two fighters from the PKK, a group based in the Qandil mountains in northern Iraq and which for years waged an armed campaign for Kurdish rights in Turkey. A ceasefire between the PKK and Turkey took hold last year.

The Union of Kurdistan Communities (KCK), the Kurdish militants' umbrella political group, on Saturday issued a statement calling on "all Kurds" to head to Kobani to "participate in the resistance and embrace it".

The attack on Kobani was "in fact an attack on the whole people of Kurdistan", it said.

Security sources in southeastern Turkey told Reuters that scores of Turkish Kurds had joined the Syrian Kurdish forces following the statement.

Abdurraham of the Syrian Observatory said 800 to 900 Kurdish fighters from Turkey were now fighting in Kobani.

One 21-year old Turkish Kurd in Diyarbakir, Turkey, who asked to be identified only by the initials A.B., told Reuters he was among Kurdish youths ready to go and join the Syrian Kurds.

"My Kurdish brothers are in a difficult position. I will go to Kobani, the KCK call is an order for us all. Every Kurdish youth should abide by this order. I know that many people went to Kobani from here,” he said.

Kurds go to Syria from Turkey to fight Islamists| Reuters

he said the dead included two fighters from the PKK, a group based in the Qandil mountains in northern Iraq and which for years waged an armed campaign for Kurdish rights in Turkey.

Western media for you..... When somebody explodes a bomb in Boston and kills 2 person.... they get labelled as terrorists.

When PKk kills "30.000" people, including women/ children/babies, bombing innocents... they are labelled as "fighting for Kurdish rights". I'm saying guys nothing good will ever come out of this rotten West.

Last edited by a moderator:
Syrian businessmen boost investments in Turkey

musiad-lubnan.jpg
Syrian entrepreneurs have been ranked first in foreign investments made in Turkey, according to official numbers.

Syria has emerged as the primary foreign investor group in Turkey through the establishment of limited liability companies, according to new official numbers.

Syrians lead foreign investment in 2014 with 585 companies out of 2,331 according to data from the Union of Chambers and Commodity Exchanges of Turkey released on Friday.

This wave of entrepreneurship is running counter to more typical perceptions of needy Syrian refugees relying on the Turkish state for help.

Most Syrian firms are operating in the textile sector, food, manufacturing, tourism and retail trade business, according to Gazi Nisirli, MUSIAD High Advisory Board Member and Coordinator of Middle East.

As Turkey keeps receiving more Syrian immigrants, most of them rely on Turkish government aid.

The number of Syrian refugees in Turkey is estimated at nearly one million; around one-third of Syrian refugees live in 22 camps scattered mainly along Turkey’s 900km (560-mile) border with Syria, according to the UN.

But Syrians like businessman Abdulahif Ajam, 62, has managed to open a restaurant and make it thrive, drawing – like many of his compatriots – on years of business acumen.

"We are international businessmen, we have also been to Dubai and Riyadh. Istanbul is our final destination; we chose Istanbul because it is a multicultural city with a lot of people from around the world," Ajam says.

Ajam is just one out of an estimated 67,000 Syrians living in the metropolis, according to city governer Huseyin Avni Mutlu earlier this week.

"Syrians in Turkey are not just poor refugees, there are also big businessmen and we are all the same. We came here to open new businesses," Ajam adds. "Istanbul has a very favorable business environment; this is the first time we opened a restaurant in Turkey and we did not face any difficulties."

However, some Syrians have encountered difficulties in establishing their businesses, such as getting a licence.

"Life is more expensive here in Turkey and that is a problem for us," according to Akram Sellura, 64, owner of a small business in Istanbul.

"We thank the Turkish people and the government for all their support; after Istanbul we are planning to open branches in other cities," he says.

In June there were 91 new Syrian-owned businesses out of a total of 401 new foreign companies, followed by German-owned firms with 26 firms.

These figures are almost triple from last year which saw 32 Syrian companies out of 332 foreign firm, according to TOBB data.

Syrian businessmen boost investments in Turkey | Economy | Worldbulletin News

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom