What's new

The big three who can help save Afghanistan

Some Pakistanis on PDF have a delusion that Pakistan will become stable after the departure of US from Afghan, that they will regain the strategic depth..

Well, one thing is sure time will tell!

you are right Pakistanis are the delusional ones:rofl:. I have a question for you it says afghan army cost around 8 billion annually how are you guys going to split that cost is it going to be 50/50 like 50 percent India rest split between Russia and Iran or 3 way even split.

Now we have learned in the past the without boots on the ground its almost impossible to control Afghanistan which one of you 3 will contribute soldiers. i am willing to bet Russians will not cross that border so its between India and Iran.

Well since Iranian cant spare any soldiers i guess that leaves India to carry the burden on her shoulders and deny pakistan the so called strategic depth in that case all i can say is Good Luck.

Some Pakistanis on PDF have a delusion that Pakistan will become stable after the departure of US from Afghan, that they will regain the strategic depth..

Infact i think, Pakistan will become more unstable once US leaves Afghanistan... The whole Afghanistan will be available for TTP and likes to launch attacks inside Pakistan!

you are right Pakistanis are the delusional ones:rofl:. I have a question for you it says afghan army cost around 8 billion annually how are you guys going to split that cost is it going to be 50/50 like 50 percent India rest split between Russia and Iran or 3 way even split.

Now we have learned in the past the without boots on the ground its almost impossible to control Afghanistan which one of you 3 will contribute soldiers. i am willing to bet Russians will not cross that border so its between India and Iran.

Well since Iranian cant spare any soldiers i guess that leaves India to carry the burden on her shoulders and deny pakistan the so called strategic depth in that case all i can say is Good Luck.

Nato will contribute funds for A-stan army about 4 billion dollar and U.S will leave 25k troops there till 2024.
Read U.S afgan agreement and there is no mention of pakistan in there :wave:

I said some, like you.

I was not talking about only three here, the stakes are present for US, Russia, India, Iran and Pakistan (Provided it wants a stable Afghanistan)

Also, US has spend around 4 Trillion dollars till now, they will obviously cut down a lot when they leave but will give lot of Aid which still will be much less than what they are spending or have spent..

If US leaves, and only Afghani soldiers are present the govt does it jobs.. decentralizes the govt. they will trump the extremism.. It is difficult but nothing is impossible..

A big factor will be Pakistan, will it allow it to happen?

Read above, if the things we mentioned do not happen, do you think India will land its forces in Afghanistan, become US' pawn??

We have invested in development projects and will keep at it till it is viable then we will come out.. Of course Pakistan will get a strategic depth with is the reason it faces so many issue!

Nato will contribute funds for A-stan army about 4 billion dollar and U.S will leave 25k troops there till 2024.
Read U.S afgan agreement and there is no mention of pakistan in there :wave:

Well even if one was to Go by your Fan Boy list that leaves Afghans 4 Billion/yr short plus 1000s of soldiers less so is that void going to be filled BY India?

Well even if one was to Go by your Fan Boy list that leaves Afghans 4 Billion/yr short plus 1000s of soldiers less so is that void going to be filled BY India?

It gets covered by the numerous mining interests in Afghanistan - Afghanistan pay for their own security.

The GoI has already cleared its stance in the past. Indian Forces will not operate under a US/NATO command. The only way possible for having Indian boots in A-Stan is through a UN Sanctioned mandate, which is not available. That pretty much clears up things.

It gets covered by the numerous mining interests in Afghanistan - Afghanistan pay for their own security.

Hope fully for the sake of aghan people you are right and they develop their economy.

Its not a delusion. Pakistan will get lot of stability once US forces leave, as in current scenario, Taliban are bound to return back. Same old standoff will start, with some area controlled by NA / others and Taliban controlling the rest. Same old stalemate will be seen. When that happens, taliban will need foot soldiers to keep fighting / countering NA & others, thus the focus will shift back to Afghanistan. And those who are left for desire to rule Pakistan can be easily taken out.

And there would be no strategic depth, as per the delusions of Indians. As there was never strategic depth policy or thinking with respect to Afghanistan from Pakistan side.

But for sure time will tell what in reality happens.

I hope and pray, we see a stable and prosperous Afghanistan without f***ing around with Pakistan.

Infact i think, Pakistan will become more unstable once US leaves Afghanistan... The whole Afghanistan will be available for TTP and likes to launch attacks inside Pakistan!

With no bases in Pakistan, they can't do much damage by sitting in Afghanistan. And who knows we may have friendly relations with Taliban Afghan govt and they help us out in eliminating them.

The GoI has already cleared its stance in the past. Indian Forces will not operate under a US/NATO command. The only way possible for having Indian boots in A-Stan is through a UN Sanctioned mandate, which is not available. That pretty much clears up things.

I do not know Pakistan's stand here but the many Pakistani posters salivate at the thought of Indian forces in Afghanistan, one already seen on these pages, they forget to see that India is no fool to play a pawn unlike Pakistan did.

I do not know Pakistan's stand here but the many Pakistani posters salivate at the thought of Indian forces in Afghanistan, one already seen on these pages, they forget to see that India is no fool to play a pawn unlike Pakistan did.

You can never know when someone thinking to be or is a clever person becomes a fool at the hand of others :)

But i am sure, in very dire circumstances India will ever think of sending troops, that also in combat role.

Its not a delusion. Pakistan will get lot of stability once US forces leave, as in current scenario, Taliban are bound to return back. Same old standoff will start, with some area controlled by NA / others and Taliban controlling the rest. Same old stalemate will be seen. When that happens, taliban will need foot soldiers to keep fighting / countering NA & others, thus the focus will shift back to Afghanistan. And those who are left for desire to rule Pakistan can be easily taken out.
US forces leaving completely will see a relapse maybe worse from the situation pre 9/11.. it will only settle for a while before the circle of extremism starts again.

Pakistan is a major player and it can help in stabilizing Afghan by just controlling some elements, but that is a choice..

And there would be no strategic depth, as per the delusions of Indians. As there was never strategic depth policy or thinking with respect to Afghanistan from Pakistan side.
It was the delusion of Zia and others after him (Famously, acknowledged by Mushy Saab) which wanted Afghan as a bulwark for its asymmetric warfare, it sorely went out of Pakistan's hand.. Do you think the TTP problem will go away?

But for sure time will tell what in reality happens.

I hope and pray, we see a stable and prosperous Afghanistan without f***ing around with Pakistan.
Agreed.. Pakistan will play a major role in how Afghanistan shapes up after the dust settles..

With no bases in Pakistan, they can't do much damage by sitting in Afghanistan. And who knows we may have friendly relations with Taliban Afghan govt and they help us out in eliminating them.
Hmm, why would Afghan Taliban be interested in being friends with Pakistan? Pakistan is in some way responsible for death of many of their cadres.

You can never know when someone thinking to be or is a clever person becomes a fool at the hand of others :)
Of course all you need a fool to change everything! Lets not got there albiet this whole discussion will become useless! ;)

But i am sure, in very dire circumstances India will ever think of sending troops, that also in combat role.

Did you mean ever or never or even?

In the Nineties, as the Taliban tore through Afghanistan, a trio of regional powers – India, Iran and Russia – backed the Taliban’s adversaries, the Northern Alliance.

Northen Alliance again? Were they not beaten like dogs before? Today Taliban are much more stronger then they were at the time they defeated Indian supported Northern Alliance. Another Phoka Shot!

Back
Top Bottom