What's new

The better growth model - India or China

each country gets the governance it deserves, plain n simple.
one cannot be a model to another.

All of east asia has followed one and only model of growth. This is based on very low wages and export driven. Japan and Korea did it first and China is doing it right now as we speak. While the south asians have followed the model of domestic driven economy.

There is no doubt that east asia is winning. They are more industrialized and educated, more rich, more healthy, more safe from polio and dengue.

Both India and China have a very vibrant economy and a bright future. I am not an economist but I think both these models will eventually get to the same point but at different pace.

Götterdämmerung;3771138 said:
Did you see the verb in past tense "were"?

The UK became democratic long after they became industrialised. Industrialisation started around 1760 and by 1840 the UK was already industrialised, much earlier than continental Europe but it was not unitl WWI that the UK became fully democratic. So, the UK was not democratic when it was in the process to industrialise.

Although Germany started industrialisation later than the UK, but we caught up very fast and after the fall of the empire we, too, became democratic (Weimar Republic), unfortunately it was a very flawed one without many who supported the idea of democracy and thus ended with the desaster, which was Hitler. And the rest is history.

Why do you keep demonstrating your stupidity and ignorance again and again?

Almost all forummers here, already know that.

Did you even read my post? Did you find out when Glorious revolution happened?

Clearly, you are lacking on basic education .... god knows, how you managed to sneak into germany, if you indeed did.

indias democracy and growth is like the japanse robot that is a show of tech - something which can walk sing and dance (i am sure they have one for pleasuring you)
chinas growth is like th american robot which was used in going to fukushima power plant and actually do something useful and prove itself.

Both China and India have their own merrits. The two countries comes from very different historical, cultural, political, geographical, religious and social backgrounds. What works for China may not work for India and vice versa. But i believe that both China and India can learn a lot from each other. Because so much of the challenges the two country faces are so similar. We can learn both from each others mistakes and successes. We shouldn't be dismissive of India or its achievements because they are still "behind" us. The West did that with China and is now paying the price we should not make the same mistake.

Both China and India have their own merrits. The two countries comes from very different historical, cultural, political, geographical, religious and social backgrounds. What works for China may not work for India and vice versa. But i believe that both China and India can learn a lot from each other. Because so much of the challenges the two country faces are so similar. We can learn both from each others mistakes and successes. We shouldn't be dismissive of India or its achievements because they are still "behind" us. The West did that with China and is now paying the price we should not make the same mistake.

Definitely agree, both have their own merits. And as BRICS economy allies, they should work and learn together.

Clearly, you are lacking on basic education .... god knows, how you managed to sneak into germany, if you indeed did.

try to jump out of your mindset ,and forget the comparison between China and India and asume it has nothing to do with you,and world is different.......
most of the time ,it is yourself who blind you.

Definitely agree, both have their own merits. And as BRICS economy allies, they should work and learn together.

where are the indian merits which have led the country to such dilapidated status in which a vast majority of its people are suffering!

Granted that India has more political freedom in general, but China still seems a safer society. Thus, non-economically, ie. poltitically, socially, etc. I wouldn’t say China is inferior.

But economically, if China fails to harness income gap, its economic merits should be questioned.

Sounds true. But Time is endless, thus it can never be told per your logic.

We have to add "so far", " up to now", to truncate the time and get a snapshot on that time line.

Income gap is a problem, faced in all developing countries in general. And I feel China can work that out. Its political nature allows it to take harsh measures, and i believe it have chances of suceeding.

Granted that India has more political freedom in general, but China still seems a safer society. Thus, non-economically, ie. poltitically, socially, etc. I wouldn’t say China is inferior.

But economically, if China fails to harness income gap, its economic merits should be questioned.

Sounds true. But Time is endless, thus it can never be told per your logic.

We have to add "so far", " up to now", to truncate the time and get a snapshot on that time line.

Income gap is a problem, faced in all developing countries in general. And I feel China can work that out. Its political nature allows it to take harsh measures, and i believe it have chances of suceeding.

where are the indian merits which have led the country to such dilapidated status in which a vast majority of its people are suffering!

With ur BS. Every year we are lifting millions of poverty. Dont bragg with me, that China have eradicated poverty. Its still there, along with a wide income gap.
POverty levels are reducing drastically.

LOL

Why are you so worked up? Please point out what I said was wrong? Show me a developed country of any significance (from Japan to the US) that was democratic during the process of industrialisation! Not need to to insult me. Just show me what I have asked you! :)

Götterdämmerung;3774045 said:
LOL

Why are you so worked up? Please point out what I said was wrong? Show me a developed country of any significance (from Japan to the US) that was democratic during the process of industrialisation! Not need to to insult me. Just show me what I have asked you! :)

If you are blind or pretend blindness, nobody can show you anything.

If blind, you have my sympathies.... if pretending blindness, the world laughs at you.

Have you still read my original post?

Have you still cared to find out when the Glorious Revolution took place?

Work your way backwards, after you get the facts.

..or yeah, keep being blind. you choice. Ha.

It's the people really, East Asians have better countries than South Asians due to differences in culture.
In fact one might go on to say South Asia has the worst living standards in all of Asia.

I prefer democracy, but then i have to accept that China has outperformed India so far.

It's the people really, East Asians have better countries than South Asians due to differences in culture.
In fact one might go on to say South Asia has the worst living standards in all of Asia.
To be honest, may be the worst in the world, from the street view, its nothing different from Africa.

If you are blind or pretend blindness, nobody can show you anything.

If blind, you have my sympathies.... if pretending blindness, the world laughs at you.

Have you still read my original post?

Have you still cared to find out when the Glorious Revolution took place?

Work your way backwards, after you get the facts.

..or yeah, keep being blind. you choice. Ha.

Go back to my previous posts. I have given you the data when industrialisation started in the UK. But you can also take a look at more recent successes of industrialisation, e.g. Taiwan and S. Korea. All happened during a brutal dictatorship under the protection of the freedom and democracy loving US.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom