What's new

The best air to air missile from the USA, Russia, and China

Look I admit the american weaponry got battle experience, but Just think against whom it has got Experience! the Iraq Airforce? The Taliban Airforce? or the nams? The Americans havent fought with anyone their own size, hence I wouldnt say they got the Best Air to Air Missiles. For that, we have to wait.

well said ....

I asked this in another thread, but since this is a more appropriate thread so let me ask here:

Can someone please tell what exactly is the H-4 missile? and is it being used by the JF-17?

The news about it came in 2003 and there was a lot of confusion to what it actually is i.e whether a BVR AAM or A2G. wiki (not the best source though) is reporting it to be a BVR and so did TOI.

H-4 BVR-AAM - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Pak Air Force inducts BVR missiles-Pakistan-World-The Times of India

thanks
let me have the honour, :angel:
well actuall the confusion arises when people call it a a BVR missile,
yes it is BVR ie can hit beyond visual range, provided the target is on ground and not a flying one ;),
it is just a penetration glide bomb to be used against ground fortifications like bunkers and runways! all in all a precesion land attack system and not a BVRAAM,
actuall BVR term, as you know, is strickly associated with air to air missiles and is actually quoted a BVRAAM so just tying beyond visual range in prefix to a bomb make it look like an air to air missile :lol:,

the H4 and H2 are both penetration glide bombs with H4 having more range then H2!

i hope this matter is now resolved once and for all,
i just posted an answer to same question in a thread on this forum today! it really is creating some confusion because of the BVR part attatched to the H4!

regards!

Last edited:
True Range of R77 50Km max against fighter and 80km against bomber type, less maneuverability, this talk about 100km is just bs. Most current BVR are effective 60-70% of their adv. range in real environment

Attachments

• R77 specs from Russia.jpg
    R77 specs from Russia.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 39

Back
Top Bottom