What's new

The Battle Of Chawinda

Really? That is interesting. Don't tell Rupert Murdoch (the founder of The Australian; when reporting the 1965 Indo-Pak War The Australian was in its first year of publication; next year 2015 will be its 50th anniversary) he'll probably want to charge a fee.

I see. Most information is helpful, though some items and sources of information are more helpful than others. Whether the information comes from a Pakistani or Indian source, it all adds to the big picture. I do appreciate this information and your insights into it, Umair; you have been very helpful since I joined PDF. So Capt.Popeye is an Indian Navy man and asad71 is a former Pak Army officer and a veteran of the 1965 war. Items of information like that make matters even more interesting. I would never have known had you not told me. Thanks, Umair.

I use the word "interesting" a lot on here. I knew getting on PDF and learning about the 1965 Indo-Pak War would be interesting and so it is proving. It is an interesting subject and some very knowledgeable fellows on PDF are making it even more so. Well done, troops! Keep it coming, gentlemen, and I'll keep soaking it up like the information sponge I am.:tup:
there are other sources from which is article was extracted from piece by piece and those sources are mentioned all of them in the end of the article. It was references to the books, historians etc u can see that and read those books and references yourself for more. Here in pdf things will always remain 'interesting' for u.

Redhawk brother

Official 1965 War History

This is the official history of the war by indian sources .

The Indian perception was that pakis would stick to the established norms of the brits that is infantry attacking supported by armour and artillery but there was a tremendous shift from these norms by the pakis they used armour in the front line which I believe was in order to have minimal physical contact with the Indians and it did succeed but did not ensure any victories for pakistan atleast in terms of land conquered .

Indians have always emphasised that pakis were better equipped than indian forces which infact is true
But if you take a look at the battle of asal uttar Indians were able to defeat much larger forces just because **** tanks had a complicated gadgetry and indians had very simple over which they had full command .

Regarding the article you have mentioned I think there is little truth in it the forces would have been at the battle site much before the writer has mentioned . The systematic way in which they repulsed the indian invasion is a very big evidence .

Back
Top Bottom