What's new

The Battle for Pakistan by Shuja Nawaz

It's a really sad state of affairs.

If we try to silence intellectual discourse in this country, we will never be able to progress. Who will knock some sense into the top brass that this isn't 60s or 70s.

EMpOli_XkAANPVp

General JK was supposed to attend the event in Lahore.

Academics, researchers and even people from military background know how good of an analyst Shuja Nawaz is, trying to silence him is a disgrace.

View attachment 595551

Shuja Nawaz book launch in Pakistan cancelled by the military. This is a bad move. The author also stated in the book that the only deserving General to become COAS was Lt. Gen. Tariq Khan, but nothing could be done. The then Govt. chose a mediocre officer like Raheel Sharif.
Most importantly, this book validates the fact that all the major battles were planned, executed and fought under the dynamic command of Gen. Tariq Khan. Thanks to the author for coming out with facts & figures.

It's just beyond sad, man. This is really disgusting behaviour from the General HQ.

That is Shuja Nawaz personal view, mind oyu no general is a mediocre, they are promoted after thorough review. Plus Tariq Khan was way below on the seniority list.

Ever heard about Musharraf and Zia and their track record in the Military? Also, ever heard about Yahya and AK Niaza?

They got up there through the same 'review'. So, don't paint all generals with the same brush. Lt. Gen. Tariq Khan, like Lt. Gen. Haroon Aslam, were class apart from others who were in the race.

It's a really sad state of affairs.

If we try to silence intellectual discourse in this country, we will never be able to progress. Who will knock some sense into the top brass that this isn't 60s or 70s.

EMpOli_XkAANPVp

General JK was supposed to attend the event in Lahore.

Academics, researchers and even people from military background know how good of an analyst Shuja Nawaz is, trying to silence him is a disgrace.
American puppet, cry more.....

Do you even know who this guy is? Or you just crawled out of your 'traitor' labelling hole and starting unloading your scrambled brain onto the forum again?
Born In america, studied there ... how comes he knows more than Pakistanis....?

Last edited:
Good. You don't get to peddle anti-state narratives. BTW how is Snowden doing?

Thank you, Sir. Some day for sure. Gen. Tariq Khan’s upcoming book will also set the record straight.

I have been lucky to read a few excerpts of the book some years ago and I was astonished to see what the General has written, if it actually gets to publishing is a different question because I'm pretty sure the Army is not going to like it, especially the Intelligence community.

I am certainly sure you do not know me. Watching news on TV and telling me who was up and who was down? Do you even know that Raheel was not even in the final list recommended by the Army? Raheel was taken out. He was only chosen because of the likes of another mediocre officer turned politician like Qadir Baloch. Do you know why General Haroon was chucked out and Rashad was chosen as CJCSC? No, you don’t.
Pakistanis like to believe in manufactured stories mostly by the likes of Asim Bajwa. Good luck to you.

Do you know how RS made it to the list of COAS ? No you don't.
If you think that RS was chosen since he was a "mediocre" officer then the first statement of your post becomes completely irrelevant, no one needs to know you.

Haroon was never able to make it to COAS. I am sure you dont know why.

That is Shuja Nawaz personal view, mind oyu no general is a mediocre, they are promoted after thorough review. Plus Tariq Khan was way below on the seniority list.
Any idiot will come online and "show off" that they have contacts among Red tapers who know exactly why such and such was chosen. Then they will "act someone important" and duly mention " You don't know me".

These two are give away's that the poster is just anoher Tom Dick Harry venting out his frustration on online forum.

Please share if you have details.
He doesn't. He is another wanna-be

Looks like each Gen got his own Fan club how good was Asif Nawaz shujas brother?? he was a regular Gen too. Who ever reach 3stars is capable enough to deal any situation.
You will be amazed how members discuss promotions of Generals as if they have been sitting in board meetings, know all the Intel reports and have thoroughly glanced through General's career and OEI.

Do you know how RS made it to the list of COAS ? No you don't.
If you think that RS was chosen since he was a "mediocre" officer then the first statement of your post becomes completely irrelevant, no one needs to know you.

Haroon was never able to make it to COAS. I am sure you dont know why.

Any idiot will come online and "show off" that they have contacts among Red tapers who know exactly why such and such was chosen. Then they will "act someone important" and duly mention " You don't know me".

These two are give away's that the poster is just anoher Tom Dick Harry venting out his frustration on online forum.

He doesn't. He is another wanna-be

You will be amazed how members discuss promotions of Generals as if they have been sitting in board meetings, know all the Intel reports and have thoroughly glanced through General's career and OEI.
From my own friend and elder brother who retired as a Lt Col in infantry, RS was of top pedigree and very popular in the army. He also wanted a stable Political government and did not want the army to intervene barring absolute necessity. I think he left a legacy of honesty and straight forwardness which is highly appreciated in the army circles.
What I do not know about I will never venture out and say.
A

It's just beyond sad, man. This is really disgusting behaviour from the General HQ.

Ever heard about Musharraf and Zia and their track record in the Military? Also, ever heard about Yahya and AK Niaza?

They got up there through the same 'review'. So, don't paint all generals with the same brush. Lt. Gen. Tariq Khan, like Lt. Gen. Haroon Aslam, were class apart from others who were in the race.

Absolutely. The current brass cannot even be compared with the unstoppable Tariq Khan. And on his upcoming book, you are absolutely right, too. As for RS fan kids, you must ignore them. No one can alter the truth. These people are actually the outcome of Asim Bajwa’s manufactured stories.

If you read the book, you'll know that the author is kinda sympathetic towards to the Army and grills the politicians for being "corrupt" and all. I wonder which genius in the GHQ is behind this drama!

Shuja Nawaz just trying to sell more copies good way to advertise Anyway.

Back
Top Bottom