What's new

The atrocities in the 1971 civil war

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't understand what you're trying to do here. do you mean that "checking people whether they have weapons or no," is wrong?

I didn't understand what you're trying to do here. do you mean that "checking people whether they have weapons or no," is wrong?

ahh you did not understand the difference between Indian LIES about Pakistan and the real situation .

look at the pictures again. The Indians after fomenting terrorism in East Pakistan made up so many lies about Pakistan and its army and fed lies to the world through its saffroni Indian media but things started unfolding with passage of time and your Indian true face is getting clear.

These pictures are of Indian soldiers who are abusing Bangladeshis the then east Pakistanis of bengali origin.

there are many other such accounts where your Indians and your allied terrorists killed own Bengalis in east Pakistan and blamed it on Pakistan. They still have same modu operandi of killing and dumping dead bodies and living human in gutters and dragging them to death. the recent mutiny is case in sight

Soon it'll be found out it was Indian troopers who carried out genocide on poor Bangladeshish! :)

In fact its been a long suspected belief that the number killed is not 3 million but 300,000 and by large the murders were committed by pro-Independence parties and of course India.

Proof keeps pouring in to prove the same... however history is written by the victors and most of it is made up.

No that's not what he's trying to convey here. I remember I've seen this picture a couple of times in BD media. Till now, we were all led to believe that Pak soldiers would hunt down hindus using "lungi searches". The Pak army did commit genocide, but it's not right to go overboard by fabricating history with cropped pictures.

PS: All this wouldn't make sense to anyone who hasn't seen this picture before.

You would think that 40 years after '71 everything there is to be known is known, and that there is no more to uncover. The following picture must be very familiar to all Bangladeshis. It shows a Pakistani soldier checking in the lungi of a man to see whether he is Hindu or Muslim, and if he is Hindu, he will probably be taken away to be killed.

310176_268989496462283_174212562606644_1038254_6299343_n.jpg

Its a very common image, and is burned into the minds of Bangladeshis as an example of typical Pakistani/Islamic brutality, intolerance and backwardness.

However, the fact is that the picture ISN'T of a Pakistani soldier at all, but an Indian soldier "checking for weapons". The picture is from a book by an Indian photographer called Kishor Parekh, called "Bangladesh- A Brutal Birth"
302137_268992769795289_174212562606644_1038315_1886286_n.jpg

Kishor Parekh
314373_268992259795340_174212562606644_1038308_425271_a.jpg

Now here is the original, undedited photo.
301168_268994046461828_174212562606644_1038317_5987499_n.jpg

Caption in the book -- "Indian Troops Grimly round up villagers suspected to be Pakistani spies they peer into Lungi in search of weapons."

And, here is another photo of the same scene.
302342_268996649794901_174212562606644_1038325_838482_n.jpg

Caption - "...Indian troops grimly round up villagers suspected to be Pakistani spies...The Jawans (soldiers) I was travelling with weren't too gentle: they had suffered casualties..."- Kishor Parekh, Bangladesh War 1971.

Sources: 1. WPPh --> ENTER (World Press Photo)
2. WPPh --> ENTER (World Press Photo)

Oh brother you have break a long standing idea of mine that only the Pakistani troops did this kind of thing.
But what is confusing how can any one hide any weapons inside a lungi ? so weird Idea by Indian troops .:angry:

In fact its been a long suspected belief that the number killed is not 3 million but 300,000 and by large the murders were committed by pro-Independence parties and of course India.

Proof keeps pouring in to prove the same... however history is written by the victors and most of it is made up.

Asim, you along with most of the senior members are the saner heads on this forum, so I must say I am kind of disappointed. I don't intend to bash the PA as they did what they were ordered to do but their is overwhelming evidences of the atrocities in the then East Pakistan. Blood telegram is just one of them or are you implying that it was fabricated and so were the other major news agencies around the globe.

It's one thing to show assertiveness, it's another to live in denial for the sake of saving the face.

Asim, you along with most of the senior members are the saner heads on this forum, so I must say I am kind of disappointed. I don't intend to bash the PA as they did what they were ordered to do but their is overwhelming evidences of the atrocities in the then East Pakistan. Blood telegram is just one of them or are you implying that it was fabricated and so were the other major news agencies around the globe.

It's one thing to show assertiveness, it's another to live in denial for the sake of saving the face.

Asim has his own business and he also knows why he acts like that or not. You Indians are in love with anyone that bash Pakistan and praise India.

Now coming to the topic : The Indian Army, airforce did the same in Mezoram and India is the first country in the world that had used airpower against own people in Mezoram.

your army is hunting own people in NE so lets stop this one sided notion that Pakistan was wrong for fighting the militants who had training camps inside India and were rebelling against own country.

every country every army will do so against those who side with enemy and break own country. period

yeah i completly agree,pakistani army didnt do nothing

They did but many thing are may be propaganda during war as a psychological warfare and after war for political benefit

Lies written by victors can only manipulate one-sided minds

ahh you did not understand the difference between Indian LIES about Pakistan and the real situation .

look at the pictures again. The Indians after fomenting terrorism in East Pakistan made up so many lies about Pakistan and its army and fed lies to the world through its saffroni Indian media but things started unfolding with passage of time and your Indian true face is getting clear.

These pictures are of Indian soldiers who are abusing Bangladeshis the then east Pakistanis of bengali origin.

there are many other such accounts where your Indians and your allied terrorists killed own Bengalis in east Pakistan and blamed it on Pakistan. They still have same modu operandi of killing and dumping dead bodies and living human in gutters and dragging them to death. the recent mutiny is case in sight

Are you that obtuse not to understand that even if the above story is true, the Indian photographer didn't concoct the story but the Bangladeshi media who used the photo in a wrong way.

Now right another paragraph and include your favourite keywords there.

rightly said and the losers always complain and try to prove that they never lost

You can be obnoxious about it 3 decades later however the discussion here is whether or not such a brutality ever took place. Maybe a handful of non-state sanctioned incidents took place as is the reality of war, that too where nation states are on the brink of getting dismembered.

This picture proves a lot on how deep the propaganda machine runs on the Bangladesh independence.

PA was no saint, but then again that was a different time and much of it is concocted against it anyway.

What bangladeshish did to each other is not of India's fault. The action of Indian Army in Bangladesh was well documented, they were particularly cautious for not to be subjected to propagandas(although that didn't help really, IA has been accused of stealing Bangladeshi hilsa and paddy! :/). In fact because of IA, PA troopers came back home safely from blood thirsty bangladeshish!

This is no proof, the Indian photographer didn't concoct the story but Bangladeshi media. Number of people killed has no relevance either nor is there any correct way to know how many of them were killed.

What bangladeshish did to each other is not of India's fault. The action of Indian Army in Bangladesh was well documented.

As this picture proves, its not as "well documented" as the claims are. What Indian Army did has also been falsely attributed to Pakistanis as well.

yes this was shocking . All my life i was told about this picture that How mean the Pakistani Army is. It is almost ten years i have known the photo through Bangladeshi media as a token of Pakistani meanness. Just somedays ago found out it was an indian soldier!! funny..

yes this was shocking . All my life i was told about this picture that How mean the Pakistani Army is. It is almost ten years i have known the photo through Bangladeshi media as a token of Pakistani meanness. Just somedays ago found out it was an indian soldier!! funny..

You just know what the elites want you to know, as most of you guys are too young so haven't witnessed 71 by your own eyes so you will believe on whatever is told to you in form of books, internet or school . interesting thing is the elites of your country or the party in power belong to the group that were in the favor for a separate country from east Pakistan. so going anti-india and pro-Pakistan wouldnot have served their purpose as it will result most of you people questioning about the separation but going anti-pakistan and pro-india has served their purpose as it has illuded your mind with the stuff like Pakistan army or Pakistan nation was such cruel to bangladesh so the partition is justified . But good to know that some secrets are being revealed now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom