What's new

The Armor Division of Pakistan Army

Those are army tanks they are training with. I see Al-Zarrars and Type 59s both.

That’s why it is imperative to quickly retire older tanks, because these tanks then end up in reserve and long term storage. Which means the best way to build a reserve is also to modernize. Now imagine if PA can buy enough VT4s to replace Al-Zarrars as well? That would create an extremely powerful reserve force. Most of indias armor reserve is currently composed of T72s, which are still superior to Type 59s and 69s.

All the Type 59s and 69s being retired due to induction of VT4 are being rebuilt and then put into cold storage as reserve tanks. Before the induction of VT4 started, Pakistani armored reserve was much smaller.
The reserve type and current type of MBT should ideally be the same such as in case of M1 Abrams of US Army but in PA the current ones are also of 4 types.

The reserve type and current type of MBT should ideally be the same such as in case of M1 Abrams of US Army but in PA the current ones are also of 4 types.
Such a reserve force is far too unrealistic imo. Even the US example is not really perfect because of the huge differences between the variants of the Abrams in active service and those in reserve, it’s simply a consequence of the US only using a single type of MBT for a long time while also having a massive budget, no other country has achieved such a reserve either, barring some European countries who have only done so by downsizing their active armored fleets.

While there are many types of MBTs in PA service, once The type 59s and 69s are retired, the UD will really be the only outlier (which is why I expected premature retirement for them, premature compared to what PA would usually get out of them anyways), since the Type 85, AK and VT4 do have a lot of common parts and design.

What about FnF systems like Javelin?
It won't matter much, as I said, if we are talking about optimum condition, then yes, soft killing Javelin probably not going to do much, but then you aren't talking about a gap that much, because it would most likely the same outcome for an unguided RPG-7 to hit its mark and a Javelin to hit its mark.

I mean, if I am sitting down in front of a tank 450 meters to 70 meters and I have no obstacle between me and it and the ground is flat, I will probably be able to hit it with a RPG-7 as much as a Javelin laser jamming or not. On the other hand, if we are talking about complex condition, then that wouldn't matter much either, because your missile can't do much adjustment FoF, you fire that missile and it home in the target, it can't plot a course to by-pass or avoid obstacle.

not sure if that make sense?

It won't matter much, as I said, if we are talking about optimum condition, then yes, soft killing Javelin probably not going to do much, but then you aren't talking about a gap that much, because it would most likely the same outcome for an unguided RPG-7 to hit its mark and a Javelin to hit its mark.

I mean, if I am sitting down in front of a tank 450 meters to 70 meters and I have no obstacle between me and it and the ground is flat, I will probably be able to hit it with a RPG-7 as much as a Javelin laser jamming or not. On the other hand, if we are talking about complex condition, then that wouldn't matter much either, because your missile can't do much adjustment FoF, you fire that missile and it home in the target, it can't plot a course to by-pass or avoid obstacle.

not sure if that make sense?
It does - and Im reading from the tanker’s perspective that it is keep moving if exposed or find some cover(like inclines) or essentially die.

1 Armoured Division Inter Unit Mobile Ramp and Crew Proficiency Competitions-2023 Held at Multan Garrison​

Commander Southern Command and 2 Corps Lieutenant General Akhtar Nawaz, HI (M) witnessed 1 Armoured Division Inter Unit Mobile Ramp and Crew Proficiency Competitions-2023 held at Mailed Fist Drivers' Training Arena (MDTA), Multan.

42cbf4730aeac1d645324d4818104826.jpg

The competitions were aimed at promoting team work and esprit de corps while enhancing equipment handling proficiency, physical fitness and decision-making in the field. All arms including armour, artillery, air defense, infantry, engineers and services participated in the competitions. Commander Southern Command and 2 Corps, Lieutenant General Akhtar Nawaz, HI (M) appreciated the high standards of efficiency, combat worthiness of crews and distributed prizes amongst the participants.

Back
Top Bottom