What's new

The American Invention Dominated by China: Solar Panels

Handguns based on Gunpowder (black powder) weren't really effective weapons until the invention of the replacement GunCotten (Nitrocellulose or 'smokeless powder' which is less soot fouling and far far far less quantity needed) and repeaters using pressure cartridges.

I did not dismiss this, you can't compare medieval handguns to modern weapons but bear in mind the Chinese did not use gunpowders jist to make firecrackers. The first cannon, rockets, handgun, grenade were made in your hated China. Talk about reverse Stockholm Syndrome, the ones who destroyed and pillaged China the most were the West but instead of us hating the West, it is the other way round. Why don't you call the Blacks the biggest threat to humanity? Ooo wait you do feel threatened by blacks. Paranoid bunch of ppl.

I did not dismiss this, you can't compare medieval handguns to modern weapons but bear in mind the Chinese did not use gunpowders jist to make firecrackers. The first cannon, rockets, handgun, grenade were made in your hated China. Talk about reverse Stockholm Syndrome, the ones who destroyed and pillaged China the most were the West but instead of us hating the West, it is the other way round. Why don't you call the Blacks the biggest threat to humanity? Ooo wait you do feel threatened by blacks. Paranoid bunch of ppl.

I'm trying too tell you the reason it took sooooo long for reliable handguns to become successful was due to the limitations of gunpowder. It wasn't because the Chinese just couldn't figure out how to make a reliable one. Yes, there were handguns made with gunpowder but they had fouling issues and required greater amounts of powder.

When guncotten was invented everything fell into place. That's when you see cartridge handguns become popular.

gun.png

Guncotten is much more explosive than gunpowder. Allowing far smaller amounts to be needed to propel bullets further and doesn't foul the barrel as much. This led to handguns finally becoming a "practical repeating weapon".

While everybody immediately thinks of "gunpowder" when they think of firearms it really wasn't a practical propellant for handheld firearms as people were forced to use single shot bulky muskets for centuries.

Last edited:
I'm trying too tell you the reason it took sooooo long for reliable handguns to become successful was due to the limitations of gunpowder. It wasn't because the Chinese just couldn't figure out how to make a reliable one. Yes, there were handguns made with gunpowder but they had fouling issues and required greater amounts of powder.

When guncotten was invented everything fell into place. That's when you see cartridge handguns become popular.

View attachment 948199
Guncotten is much more explosive than gunpowder. Allowing far smaller amounts to be needed to propel bullets further and doesn't foul the barrel as much. This led to handguns finally becoming a "practical repeating weapon".

While everybody immediately thinks of "gunpowder" when they think of firearms it really wasn't a practical propellant for handheld firearms as people were forced to use single shot bulky muskets for centuries.
I am telling you i did not disagree but did the Portuguese conquer the world with smokeless guns? Gosh.

And stop being white paranoids, every single race is a threat, but the ones killing and pillaging the most are none other than you guys.

LOL! China and their perpetual fascination with whites.

You are correct the Portuguese had gunpowder muskets back in 1557.

What fascinated with your genocide? I am fascinated how hypocritical your society is. You preach religion while raping kids in Churches... You preach freedom while killing milions.

Of course they had gunpowder muskets. Colonialism started with them, less developed Americanos were easily overwhelmed by them. It was not until the 1800s when the disparity between China and the West became so big that China lost wars easily. You think Admiral Zheng destroyed the Dutch in Taiwan with pitchforks?

Last edited:
If all solar panels were made in USA no one will be able to afford it lol and that includes Americans themself

More like Americans shifted manufacturing to China. Right?
no, it's just like i stated : the Chinese stole the patents and/or designs, and then offered those products at lower rates because of their lower payouts to employees.

This is among the stupidest comments I have seen. What a troll.
and you are nothing but a TRAITOR to the land you live in.
are we done name-calling now?

Who grabbed them? Do you have any idea about the history at all?
CHINA DID. are you really so self-deluded that you can't recognize that in public??

no, it's just like i stated : the Chinese stole the patents and/or designs, and then offered those products at lower rates because of their lower payouts to employees.

and you are nothing but a TRAITOR to the land you live in.
are we done name-calling now?
lol, what kind of solar panel patent? this tech has been around for almost a hundred years and it's not rocket science. don't be stupid, use you brain to think.

lol, what kind of solar panel patent? this tech has been around for almost a hundred years and it's not rocket science. don't be stupid, use you brain to think.
The West is in the habit of taking credit for everything - It's because of their media power until and unless you break that trend, it will continue.

... ..
The modern age of solar cells

Today, there are thousands of issued patents, both US and worldwide, on various solar cell technologies. Accompanying this explosion in green technological innovation, cumulative solar photovoltaic installed capacity worldwide has soared due to improved conversion efficiency and lowered volume production costs. For example, worldwide solar photovoltaic capacity had grown to 512 Gigawatts by the end of 2018 (representing 27% growth from 2017),18 accompanied by a steady decrease in system and installation costs. Besides single-crystal technologies, research has also focused on polycrystalline silicon, organic, and thin-film technologies.

While cheaper, these technologies do not provide the high conversion efficiency of single-crystal technologies. For example, in addition to silicon, which is in Group IV of the periodic table, researchers have developed solar cells from Group III and Group V (or even Group VI) materials. By 1972, IBM had developed an aluminum-gallium-arsenide based solar cell with between 18% and 20% conversion efficiency.19 Others have since demonstrated over 35% conversion efficiency for such cells.20

Continued innovation, incentivized by strong intellectual property protection regimes, will only bring further improvements in efficiency and costs, making green solar technology more accessible to consumers everywhere.
... ..

Back
Top Bottom