What's new

The 50 Most Beautiful Countries In The World

As stated above, list was put up by a Pakistani.

Hmm. Maybe he didn't want to come across as favouring his country. But then 50 is a very large number. I am sure it has room for Pakistan

If Jakarta people want to see mountain scenery they go to Puncak, Bogor, West Java, around 2 hours by car from South Jakarta. There is highway connecting it

If Jakarta people want to go the beach, they can go to Tanjung Lesung, 3 hours by car, Banten province

We dont need to go to Singapore to experience modern city landscape, just go to down town of Jakarta ( Business District )

1648618626438.png

1648618651446.png

1648618674532.png

Last edited:
Borobudur, Central Java

Nusa Dua, Bali

Many beautiful beach in Lombok, next to Bali where the population in majority is Muslim

Mataram, Lombok island capital city

Borobudur, Central Java

Nusa Dua, Bali

Many beautiful beach in Lombok, next to Bali where the population in majority is Muslim

Btw i plan visiting Indonesia next year. Mostly rainforest tours. 😅

Btw i plan visiting Indonesia next year. Mostly rainforest tours. 😅

Well, rain forest tour is also my plan but I cannot do it at the mean time, maybe after 2025. My recommendation if you want to stay in Hotel in Jakarta is in Senayan areas, near business district, there you can see Hotel Mulia and Hotel Century Park, expensive hotel is inside Sudirman Business District (Riz Carlton). You can do jogging or play any sport in GBK sport complex

GBK sport complex

Affordable hotel I recommended is in South Jakarta, Swiss Bell Hotel Pondok Indah. Easy access with BRT station in front of the hotel and MRT station just about 100 meters from hotel. Nice environtment for sport, many you can find like golf, tennist, basketball, or just do jogging inside the housing complex in which less car can go inside it

Swiss Bell Hotel Pondok Indah ( affordable Hotel )

Pondok Indah

Pondok Indah Mall

South Jakarta is also a food heaven, next to the hotel there is shopping complex, where you can find fast food affordable restaurants and banks there, mini market, and many ATMs. In Radio Dalam street, not far from Pondok Indah, there are many restaurants as well, and at night it is food heaven with food stalls opened in front of parking lot across the street. You can use Gojek to get there.

Inside Pondok Indah residential complex, there is place called Fitria, many affordable Indonesian foods are there. You can go there while jogging from the hotel or use Gojek

I will try to make a post about rain forest tour next time, my recommendation is that dont go to Sumatra rain forest, there are still 300 tigers there, Java, Kalimantan, and Sulawesi island are better despite you still can met Leopards there

Last edited:
Well, rain forest tour is also my plan but I cannot do it at the mean time, maybe after 2025. My recommendation if you want to stay in Hotel in Jakarta is in Senayan areas, near business district, there you can see Hotel Mulia and Hotel Century Park, expensive hotel is inside Sudirman Business District (Riz Carlton). You can do jogging or play any sport in GBK sport complex

GBK sport complex

Affordable hotel I recommended is in South Jakarta, Swiss Bell Hotel Pondok Indah. Easy access with BRT station in front of the hotel and MRT station just about 100 meters from hotel. Nice environtment for sport, many you can find like golf, tennist, basketball, or just do jogging inside the housing complex in which less car can go inside it

Pondok Indah

Pondok Indah Mall

I will try to make a post about rain forest tour next time, my recommendation is that dont go to Sumatra rain forest, there are still 300 tigers there, Java, Kalimantan, and Sulawesi island are better despite you still can met Leopards there

Yeah we have a round trip with guide which includes Sulawesi. Oh and Komodo.

We will not visit Bali. Im sure its nice but we heared bali is veryyyyy much tourism

GBK sport complex

Pondok Indah

Pondok Indah Mall

South Jakarta is also a food heaven, next to the hotel there is shopping complex, where you can find fast food affordable restaurants and banks there, mini market, and many ATMs. In Radio Dalam street, not far from Pondok Indah, there are many restaurants as well, and at night it is food heaven with food stalls opened in front of parking lot across the street. You can use Gojek to get there.

Inside Pondok Indah residential complex, there is place called Fitria, many affordable Indonesian foods are there. You can go there while jogging from the hotel or use Gojek

Indonesia looks amazing, hope I have the opportunity one day to see around the country. Going over the border from Singapore to JB doesn't really count.

Indonesia looks amazing, hope I have the opportunity one day to see around the country. Going over the border from Singapore to JB doesn't really count.

Thanks. Maybe if somehow you have plan to visit Singapore, Bintan island, next to Singapore, can be your option to visit some part of Indonesia. They have beautiful beach as well there.

In 2023 we will host FIBA World Cup, Australia will play in Indonesia, China will likely play as well although other hosts are Tokyo and Manila. The game will be played in GBK sport complex, Senayan. We are currently building new basketball stadium there. If you like basketball, maybe you will be interested

A stupid list that is an insult to countries in it and to countries not in it.

How in the world Taiwan, which I put in top 10 most beautiful country not be in that list even if listed as province of China?
Taiwan is a place where my heart is and with many good Taiwanese friends.

Oman will also be easily in the top 10 of most beautiful country.

Thanks. Maybe if somehow you have plan to visit Singapore, Bintan island, next to Singapore, can be your option to visit some part of Indonesia. They have beautiful beach as well there.

Bintan is a very charming island and I visited Pulau Bintan very often.
I prefer to live simply and not go to high end hotel which to me is con job curated and very unreal experience.
Living simply and getting to know the locals is to me a far far better way to travel.

Indonesia full of enchanting places. My first visit to Bali was in early 70s where losman cost about 1 USD a night
Lombok another remarkable beautiful place . Too many to list out

Bintan is a very charming island and I visited Pulau Bintan very often.
I prefer to live simply and not go to high end hotel which to me is con job curated and very unreal experience.
Living simply and getting to know the locals is to me a far far better way to travel.

Indonesia full of enchanting places. My first visit to Bali was in early 70s where losman cost about 1 USD a night
Lombok another remarkable beautiful place . Too many to list out

Bintan will be developed further by making a bridge between Batam island and Bintan island. It has good prospect to be a tourist destination. The present I think is also good for Singaporeans as they dont have to fly too far to get good beaches. I heard Singaporeans can use boats as well to Batam island, I dont know whether there is direct call ( shipping term) between Singapore into Bintan island, if the bridge is completed it will be more fun to visit either Bintan or Batam island.

I think if you ever think about renting in a house or rooms in houses, there are already some kind of website who will provide us on that, and there is one hotel in Indonesia which is basically a networking system and they do cooperation with people who have empty rooms or houses or losmen. If I am not mistaken it is Red Doorz Hotel.

Yup, true there are many places to visit if some one wants to have some kind of vacation, leaving the routine for a while. Nice to see senior like you as member here.....

Borobudur, Central Java

Nusa Dua, Bali

Borobudur I wanted to visit during the many times I was in Jakarta in late 70s. Did not go back since then and I can imagine how different that Jakarta be from present day Jakarta. But then I was intensely involved in work and could not find the time even to sneak off for a couple of days as I thought I do that the next trip, and next trip, and next trip.

As said before, Lombok an incredibly beautiful island with totally different vibes from Bali. I stayed again in Lombok on my return from Komodo visit

sP5190138

sP5200028

Lombok

sP5220109

The fields that reached up the side of the mountain as seen from the hotel.

The side that I stayed in for a couple of nights
sP5220120

The other side and older side of the hotel.
sP5220122

Monkeys climbing up the pillar into the hotel
sP5220138

The monkeys would take anything that was loose so care got to be taken.
The Internet wifi promised in their advert did not exist in reality. Which got me going to sleep early.
And therefore getting up early. Early enough to shoot sunrise and getting some nice crepuscular shots.

sP5230149

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crepuscular_rays

But honestly far far far too many places to check out and visit and not just in Indonesia.
And sadly only 1 life time, or what is left of a lifetime.
And not forget to throw in Covid19 (which by no means over, far far from it)
And the impending war USA want to have with Russia
And the certain war USA want to have with China and trying to get as many cannon or missile fodder to fight for USA.

But to better topic

What I send off this morning in my WhatsApp. That make far more enjoyable reading than Ukraine and USA

[31/03, 09:48] https://www.countryliving.com/life/travel/g39343855/underrated-countries-to-visit/. 😭😭😭. Sadly only 2 that I been to. Oman and Vanuatu. But at least 20 in that list I like to go to. Problem is only one life time. And if I go there, what about the countries I been to and like that literally demand re visits. 😭😭😭🙂🙂🙂

@Indos afaik someone in your family or you went to Pak
where did they go and what was the experience like?

GBK sport complex

Pondok Indah

Pondok Indah Mall

man these walking mall tours seem like such a great idea- give you a feel for the place, its people
almost virtually

@Indos afaik someone in your family or you went to Pak
where did they go and what was the experience like?

man these walking mall tours seem like such a great idea- give you a feel for the place, its people
almost virtually

Yup, that YT channel like that create huge money if you see how many people watch it

Yup, two of my cousin went to Pakistan, female and male, they feel great there. Kashmir and Islamabad, just before India do tight control on Kashmir

This photo taken by my cousin

Pakistan.jpg

1648700675254.png

1648700736258.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom