What's new

Thank You India

Status
Not open for further replies.
STICK TO THE GODDAMN TOPIC!

On topic..

Thanks to google earth.. no installation (save US ones) are safe from a sat image of them.. even if a low res one it does give some idea.
Most of the secretive installation in Pakistan have been mapped out years ago.. although a lot of the stuff is done under the shed or in basements.. and if equipment does need to be moved around.. cloudy days are chosen.

Desperation to prove something from nothing -especially from the horse's mouth is always welcome .

By the way who made sandy 'the horse' ?:lol:

He has just made those observations about the initial mistakes in the war . he has made his views about the result of the war very clear.:coffee:

Nick, I dont want to go OT, but to answer developer reo, I must admit that there were three generals trying to convince an idiot that we needed to let two strike corps run into Punjab and Rajhasthan, but Mr.Sackless and his deputy did not want to escalate.

Also certain leaders from the other side weren't even brave to declare war but hid behind the mujhhideen skirt, it was unfortunate we didn't do what we ad to to back then. We should have never concentrated on kargil but should have rolled down two strike corps down the jugular of enemy.

Was kargil a disaapointment... the answer is yes... did we win back kargil .. answer is yes... did we lose a big opportunity .. answer is a big yes

My comment was in response to sandy's comment about THE TOPIC (Chinese satellies), not Kargil.

:mps: Nice..... can overseas company take part in this tender

Guys why are you all wanting to either have the last word or be off topic with the last word? You simply look daft and mods will delete it.
The fact is the Indian government have been grossly lapse in allowing such info to be released. It should result in a tightening of their security.

Guys why are you all wanting to either have the last word or be off topic with the last word? You simply look daft and mods will delete it.
The fact is the Indian government have been grossly lapse in allowing such info to be released. It should result in a tightening of their security.

One of the very few sensible posts in this thread after Mr Jammer introduced the topic of Kargil

Was there a lapse in Part of IAF?
Yes,there was a lapse.

Is this lapse going to benefit Pakistan & China?
No,it won't.

Was there a lapse in Part of IAF?
Yes,there was a lapse.

Is this lapse going to benefit Pakistan & China?
No,it won't.

First part i agree.
Second part - i dont think we can judge this as we are not privy and qualified to decide. However you got to admit its going to make them chuckle if nothing else ? :azn:

One of the very few sensible posts in this thread after Mr Jammer introduced the topic of Kargil

Must be Cherry picking season in your vicinity, that was actually a reply to one of your digressing country fellows.
Any surprise his post was erased.

Must be Cherry picking season in your vicinity, that was actually a reply to one of your digressing country fellows.
Any surprise his post was erased.

In that case, my bad, since at them time I looked at the thread, the 1st post with a reference to Kargil was yours..

In that case, my bad, since at them time I looked at the thread, the 1st post with a reference to Kargil was yours..

we can all celebrate our achievements without having to flame and start yet another personal insult match.

kindly try to contribute positively to the thread and if Kargil really has to be discussed then let me share one thing about both the Indian and Pakistani soldiers in this war. Both of them fought well and got the praise from each other too and if that’s not enough both gave respect to each other’s dead in their simple ceremonies There is a lot to take away for all members here when you see both the Indian and Pakistani soldiers saluting the dead.

The scenes remind me of the story that my father told me about meeting the Indian teams coming to his posts to collect the fallen Indian soldiers and after the simple ceremony they would exchange sweets and dry fruit with each other while the dead lay by draped in Flags. Soldiers, as I have shortly seen, have a very different perspective to things than the rest of the civilians. They do what they are told and earn the respect of each other.
Never second guess the bravery of your enemy even if he is beaten. I spent 2 nights in the front lines in Bhimber sector of Kashmir and was briefed in a room by Pakistani officers that used to be the Indian Army’s Bittalion HQ & CO’s office. When that place was wrestled from the Indians in 1971 then the Pakistanis didn’t fight the Indian soldiers that were less brave than the ones that took part in the fall of Dhaka or the end days of Kargil. Actually I was told that the same place in Bhimber was attacked few weeks ago before my visit and it was a very daring & vicious surprise attack (not a full frontal) by the Indian unit that was being commandeered by their CO in person who was known to be a fearless and dangerously ruthless in his tactics. While describing the attack (which was repulsed). The company commander was talking as a matter of fact and with precise detail without any hint of sarcasm or mockery, there was respect and recognition in his description about Indian attack while he pointed out towards the bullet holes from the LMG on the officer’s mess walls.

Regarding the posts by Indians (that are now removed) There is a positive message as well in all these Kargil related spats in the forum. And its about the difference between the terrorists and soldiers. While the opposing soldiers give the respect to each other dead and stand in respect while they are taken away, the terrorists behead their prisoners and mutilate the bodies.

Lets try to be civil, honourable and proud like a soldier and behave like one on the forum and not resemble a terrorist (troll).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom