Tesla Model S ready to hit Pakistani roads

Shahzaz ud din

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Tesla Model S ready to hit Pakistani roads
  • The base price starts from $58,570
Technology
by Nozair Hanif Mirza | Published on October 28, 2017 (Edited October 28, 2017)
22855754_1416439575140507_1555720152_n.jpg

Facebook
Twitter
Reddit
LAHORE- The first Tesla in Pakistan has landed. It’s a white 2017 Tesla S 75D. Tesla who is famous for EV’s (electronic vehicles). American automaker till now has shipped three different electric vehicles; Model S, Model X and the most recent Model 3.

Model 3 is company’s flagship model up till now, it equipped with 75 kWh lithium-ion three phase battery, high-tech steering wheel and 15-inch touh panel which is considered to be ECU(Electronic Control unit) of car.

Model S has autopilot which match speed to traffic conditions, keep within a lane, automatically change lanes without requiring driver input, transition from one freeway to another, exit the freeway when your destination is near, self-park when near a parking spot and be summoned to and from your garage.

4444.jpg

333.jpg

1111.jpg

According to Pakistan Customs Tariff 2016-17 (PCT code heading/subheading– 8703.9020), there is 50 percent customs duty on electric vehicles in light of their MSRP (manufacturer’s suggested retail price).

The must not be older than three years. In simple terms, In this 75D’s car which costs, PKR7.5 million(approx), the duty will be PKR3.75 million(approx).

I thought we were going bankrupt.

The guy who can afford this cannot afford tomatoes in Pakistan

Be ready for voltage fluctuation and frying the batteries!

Thats surprising , the car I believe has shorter range around 200-300 miles per charge. Given that it can be used only inside the city. Just imagine if it runs out of power out side the city we will need a tow truck not a petrol can to bring it home.

I instead would love to have that Land Cruiser with a smashed window parked adjacent to Tesla. With right connections in Customs, you can have it very cheap. I love that Land Cruiser model.

I've seen 2 so far, one in Islamabad and the other at Lahore.

Chinese electric cars are coming in Pakistan. Ready to sell your LNG/patrol cars..

Back
Top Bottom