What's new

Terrorists Attack Pakistan from Afghan Sanctuaries

Hmmm, that maybe the reason many people called it a territory of Pakistan.

Well yea if Pakistan had build a wall than the problems would've been less than half of what it is today. Sooner Pakistani authorities realize this better for Pakistan's civilians & Pakistan's interest.
building a Wall lol, that will cost a lot of money and a corrupt government like Pakistan one won't do that.

Pakistan Blame Afghanistan and India and Afghanistan blame Pakistan for its problems, while India improves day by day.

The taliban, i should say a coalition of Afghan and Pakistani taliban have a strong presence in kunar and nooristan along with al qaeda, the ANA have been battling them feircely lost their own soldiers, killed the taliban, take the territories and lost territories,

They have abandoned their outposts & let the Taliban/AQ recapture territory, letting them have their safe havens. As I said, almost all the most ferocious terrorist leaders such as the Mehsuds, Faqir Mohammad, Qari Zia Rehman, Mangal Bagh, Maulana Fazlullah, Abdul Wali, Mullah Nazir are all residing in their safehavens in Afghanistan. If you could give me some casualty figures for the ANA/NATO Forces killed in Kunar, Nuristan, Kunduz; that'd be great.

i dont know what have been dont in NW? nothing. As per Herat and other areas,there is insecurity in kunduz, but herat and balkh are safe areas, suicides happens every where even in cities like kabul, and in pakistan in cities like karachi, peshawar , lahore etc have had hitory of very deadly attacks.

Come on, you can't be serious? When was the last time you heard of a suicide bombing in Lahore? Karachi is filled with ethnic violence, not terrorism. Islamabad is pretty much free from terrorism. In Afghanistan, not even Kabul is safe. I can show you the reports of the number of suicide bombings in Herat, Balkh, Takhar etc. They are not bordering Pakistan, right?

The point is that the Pakistan Army has been stretched to the very limits, it even had to bring troops for the current operations from the Indian LOC to the Afghan border, because it was short on numbers. Besides North Waziristan, Pakistan has carried out extensive military operations everywhere else, & North Waziristan is being taken care of by the drone strikes operations. Now the question is, when will the safe havens in Afghanistan be tackled?

Attack in Pakistan kills 25 troops
ISLAMABAD, August 27, 2011

A large contingent of terrorists attacked three security check posts of Pakistan along the Durand Line at crack on dawn on Saturday, leaving 25 security personnel and 20 intruders dead in the exchange of fire that followed.

According to the Inter-Services Public Relations (ISPR), 200-300 terrorists from Kunar and Nooristan provinces of Afghanistan attacked seven Frontier Corps check posts in Chitral. Two border posts were over-run by the terrorists and reinforcements were sent there even as fighting went on for several hours.

The Army is working on the assumption that this attack was staged by terrorists from Swat, Dir and Bajaur with the help of Fazlullah and Maulvi Faqir Muhammad, who took refuge in Afghanistan following military operations in their native areas.

Through this summer, such border incursions from Afghanistan have become a new irritant in bilateral relations.

“The terrorists have organised themselves in Kunar and Nooristan provinces with the support of local Afghan authorities,” said an ISPR statement, adding that the scanty presence of NATO and Afghan National Army forces along the Durand Line allowed terrorists to use these areas as safe havens and mount attacks on Pakistani forces and isolated villages along the border.

Further, the Army pointed out that accurate intelligence about large concentration of terrorists from Pakistan and their local Afghan supporters in Kunar and Nooristan provinces had been shared with NATO and Afghan authorities but “no worthwhile action has been taken against the terrorists and attacks against Pakistani border posts have continued with impunity”.

The Hindu : News / International : Attack in Pakistan kills 25 troops

RIP to the brave Pakistani soldiers. At least 20 terrorists from Afghanistan were killed as well.

They have abandoned their outposts & let the Taliban/AQ recapture territory, letting them have their safe havens. As I said, almost all the most ferocious terrorist leaders such as the Mehsuds, Faqir Mohammad, Qari Zia Rehman, Mangal Bagh, Maulana Fazlullah, Abdul Wali, Mullah Nazir are all residing in their safehavens in Afghanistan. If you could give me some casualty figures for the ANA/NATO Forces killed in Kunar, Nuristan, Kunduz; that'd be great.

Come on, you can't be serious? When was the last time you heard of a suicide bombing in Lahore? Karachi is filled with ethnic violence, not terrorism. Islamabad is pretty much free from terrorism. In Afghanistan, not even Kabul is safe. I can show you the reports of the number of suicide bombings in Herat, Balkh, Takhar etc. They are not bordering Pakistan, right?

The point is that the Pakistan Army has been stretched to the very limits, it even had to bring troops for the current operations from the Indian LOC to the Afghan border, because it was short on numbers. Besides North Waziristan, Pakistan has carried out extensive military operations everywhere else, & North Waziristan is being taken care of by the drone strikes operations. Now the question is, when will the safe havens in Afghanistan be tackled?

Sorry,i dont have the figures, but you can find many many battles taken place in those areas, and the pak taliban commanders you mentioned are the leading figures along with the afghani taliban who are launching attacks in afghanistan in joint operations. as per attacks in pak cities, i mentioned it only to draw comparison to places like herat that dont have battles but suicide attack time to time, not even regularly. and yes, kabul is safe, you feel safe in that city, i was there a month ago for a week and the rest of my time i was in our village, both of them were great and enjoyable for afghanistan's standard. drones are carried out by americans but ground assault will seal the deal and make a diference which we havent seen it, and we can ask the same question, when will the safe heavens end in pak?

unlediz.png

Casualties are unconfirmed

Fatalities in Terrorist Violence in Pakistan 2003-2011

In June

“In the last month, there have been five major attacks from the Afghan side of the border, where 250 to 300 terrorists crossed over and assaulted our border posts in Dir, Mohmand and Bajaur,” he said.
The attacks resulted in the deaths of 55 paramilitary and pro-government tribal militiamen and wounded 80 others, Abbas said
Cross-border attacks: Pakistan decries soldier deaths, Karzai demands probe – The Express Tribune

So it means that Afghan government powerless or has no dominating role upon NATO then how Afghanistan will fight against these situations which could put negative impact on Pakistan who want stable Afghanistan? what exactly they want to do in your point of view? Can you elaborate?

None of developing countries has any dominating role upon Nato and Afghanistan is one of them! I am sure you guys will bear to accept that Pakistan was the one who created the Taliban but as per Pakistan, now it wants a stable Afghanistan which is a good thing but lets not forget that the snakes have grown too much from the day they ruled Afghanistan and at that time they had only 1/2 godfather but now more than that, you can get a suicide bomber for $60 or $80 grands! things are really complicated here in Afghanistan; you can visibly find different groups of Taliban and that makes everyone difficult to judge. However from last 1 week 4 -6 Taliban commanders have been stoned to death by local people and the latest was today in Laghman province.

None of developing countries has any dominating role upon Nato and Afghanistan is one of them! I am sure you guys will bear to accept that Pakistan was the one who created the Taliban but as per Pakistan, now it wants a stable Afghanistan which is a good thing but lets not forget that the snakes have grown too much from the day they ruled Afghanistan and at that time they had only 1/2 godfather but now more than that, you can get a suicide bomber for $60 or $80 grands! things are really complicated here in Afghanistan; you can visibly find different groups of Taliban and that makes everyone difficult to judge. However from the last 1 week 4 -6 Taliban commanders has been stoned to death by local people and the latest was today in Laghman province.

really? which area of laghman? I knew about helmand a few days back.

Islamabad

3rd August

Bomb Blast In Islamabad And 3 injured | ONLINE SKY NEWS

13th june

2 killed, 5 injured in suicide blast in Islamabad

Karachi

17th August

FLASH: SIX INJURED IN HAND GRENADE BLAST IN KARACHI, PAKISTAN -- LOCAL MEDIA

23rd may

Terror attack on Karachi naval station, 10 killed

Last suicide blast in Lahore was on january..but there have been series of other terrorist attack

Seven killed in suicide blast in Lahore

Pakistan and Afghanistan are in same situation...

really? which area of laghman? I knew about helmand a few days back.

I have to search this because I just heard this on RTA 8:00 news and the report also mentioned that the people of Herat has given 5 days to Taliban for handing them those who were involved in the roadside bombings last week otherwise they will face people's revolution against them.

???? ????? ????? ????????? -->  ???? ?????? ?? ???? ?????? ?? ??????
???? ????? ????? ????????? -->  ????? ??? ????? 5 ???? ???? ??????!

Islamabad

3rd August

13th june

Karachi

17th August

23rd may

Last suicide blast in Lahore was on january..but there have been series of other terrorist attack

The 'bomb blast in Islamabad, 3 injured' was not a suicide bomb, it was an accidental explosion. It took place 30 minutes outside of Islamabad as well. Get your facts straight. The only attack that took place in Islamabad in the whole year was on June 13, 2011.

The grenade blast was not a terrorist blast, but was part of the ethnic violence in Karachi.

Secondly, there was a suicide attack in Lahore in January 2011, but none since.

I can quote you attacks all over India as well, terrorism & attacks taking place all over the country. India, Pakistan are in the same situation.

Alot of emphasis and attention was put to the Afghani cause, the NATO/U.S. troops suffering in Afghanistan due to militants crossing the border from Pakistan into Afghanistan.

I have however not seen any single mention of militants from the Afghani side of the border, crossing into Pakistan.

Note, i'm not making any distinction between terrorists, whether they are from Afghanistan or Pakistan, whether they're Uzbeks, Arabs or whatever.

The NATO/U.S. need to step on the gas in Afghanistan and secure that side of the border, while Pakistani forces do their job inside Pakistan.

The best option IMO is to fence the border, and secure the border, so, this will choke of the terrorists in NW and some of those holed up in SW.

Islamabad

3rd August

13th june

Karachi

17th August

23rd may

Pakistan & Afghanistan are in same situation??? Looks like you are high on drugs, Afghanistan cannot control itself & foriegn forces are all over it's territory, not to mention even after huge foriegn troops presence 98% Afghanistan is under taliban control, now come to Pakistan, Pakistan have no foriegn troops conducting operation on its soil, only 120000 Pakistani troops(nearly 70% paramilitary-FC not Pakistan Army) are fighting against terrorism, forget other parts even KPK(NWFP) & FATA is totally under control except North Waziristan & some areas of South Waziristan & Kurram Agency.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom