What's new

Terrorist Executions suspended: Military courts Bill to be Sabotaged in National Assembly

all Politicians are so scared of military courts, because all are bloody murderers or corrupts . a common man want quick justice , and our judiciary is Mashallah , last Cheap justice has really turn out to be a jerk .. who release the terrorist like they are his " phuppi ke larke "
all eyes are on respected COAS , if army took the initiative, than we might see MC working in full pace ..
more like "BEHNOI"

What the F is wrong with this country's politicians. This country is a target of a greater game and the authorities have joined it.

It is better if we tried these bloody politicians first under military courts along with our corrupt judiciary. By doing this we will surely win half of the battle against the terrorists outfits.

It is better if we tried these bloody politicians first under military courts along with our corrupt judiciary. By doing this we will surely win half of the battle against the terrorists outfits.
Let's make it straight! You mean Martial Law?

Or is it because nobody wants to set a precedent for military courts to be above the regular civil courts as a violation of the basic legal hierarchies set forth in the Constitution?
this is true
but listen to the key word here

"extra ordinary situation and circumstances"
these are the words used by our foreign office responding to the concerns of EU and UN.

COAS also stated that military courts will only deal with "jet black" terrorists. (whatever that means clarifies that no political prisoners will be punished like it was done during Zia.. )

this is true
but listen to the key word here

"extra ordinary situation and circumstances"
these are the words used by our foreign office responding to the concerns of EU and UN.

COAS also stated that military courts will only deal with "jet black" terrorists. (whatever that means clarifies that no political prisoners will be punished like it was done during Zia.. )

I agree with the contention that extra ordinary situation and circumstances exist, but this is all the more reason to provide the proposed military courts with the proper Constitutionally valid legal cover. Cutting corners now will only cause more headaches later.

I understand the reasonable arguments behind opposing military courts, but we must admit that the civil justice system is simply inadequate and too incompetent to handle the terrorists - Pakistan needs an alternative. Now, the only alternative to military courts would be changing or reforming the existing justice system so that it can't be manipulated. But the problem with that is that it'll take too long, and it might not even happen because of the interests the politicians have within this corruption of the Justice system.

The most prominent issue here is that judges get blackmailed and that they don't have proper security but even if we introduce a system of anonymous judging (suggested by Asad Umar a while ago), what about the prosecution? The lawyers, the law enforcement people that are supposed to gather and provide evidence - they're all vulnerable. And then, making sure that these people aren't corrupt or sympathizers on their own (i.e without blackmail) is going to be a long task.

Its just not practical to do any of that in such a short time. Military courts are required, at least temporarily - they should be limited to terrorism cases and a time limit of, say, one year needs to be implemented in order to avoid any of this 'misuse' that everyone seems worried about. The civilian justice system can be reformed properly during that time, and after that the military courts can be closed down - that's the best way.

Otherwise, nothing is going to happen except for maybe some increased military operations in the tribal regions and increased counter-insurgency activities in the cities.

I always knew it. Words are always empty from Nawaz no matter how harsh they are. This really shows the seriousness of the govt. Its like they are waiting on (God forbid) another incident to be forced to act on their statements.

It really annoys me when NS and goons always, always form committees, inquire reports and then you never again hear anything about it. I think it really falls onto army to kick him out and put a marshal law if another event takes place due to their growing incompetence.

If Pakistan can be described in one phrase, I think it would be "Most mismanaged country."

I agree with the contention that extra ordinary situation and circumstances exist, but this is all the more reason to provide the proposed military courts with the proper Constitutionally valid legal cover. Cutting corners now will only cause more headaches later.
this is what Zardari is planning to sabotage in the national assembly. article 245 will be delebrated and some changes are going to be proposed but National assembly will resemble fish market and this law might die an premature death

this is what Zardari is planning to sabotage in the national assembly. article 245 will be delebrated and some changes are going to be proposed but National assembly will resemble fish market and this law might die an premature death

It will be telling to see what happens next. And important.

its been only 2 weeks since the Peshawar tragedy and it seems that everyone has joined hands to disrupt the chance to punish the terrorists.

• UN and EU is opposing the executions of terrorists on "humanitarian grounds".
  • Courts have suspended any further execution of terrorists despite their black warrants.
  • Zardari has instructed his party members to disrupt the military court bill in the national assembly.
  • the leader of Pakistani liberals Asma Jahangir is leading the condemnation and opposition to military courts.
  • Religious parties that took their time to express their grief to the victims & condemn their terrorist brothers in arms have openly expressed their hostilities towards military courts.
  • in case somehow the bill is passed in the assembly then there are indications that it will be appealed in the supreme court and repealed.
  • the Judges have also shown their displeasure over military courts encroaching into their domain and might take Suo Moto against this bill.

it looks like any "action" against the terrorists promised by PM Nawaz and Ch Nisar will stop at their words only.

there are two possible reactions from army over it with drastic consequences

Army forces its will on the politicians in the shape of overt take over of the state affairs.
Army goes back to Kyani era slumber and hope that the Peshawar tragedy becomes thing of the past.

it took 17 years to reach a consensus for American founding fathers.

I am a great admirer for their knowledge and their analysis of environment back then.

this is how civilian administrations should work.

Deliberately, and cautiously.

Impatience this stage may give a bit of breathing room to terror5ists.

But believe you me

civilians governments today are the best hope for Pakistani military.

This wot can become something much more complex if army ditches civilian gov of NS and PPP and PTI.

So my bro

patience is the need of the hour.

Mush failed miserably in lal musjid

and I worry Rahil can too if he tries to take over civilian side of the gov

So please do not suggest anything like this

Thank you

it took 17 years to reach a consensus for American founding fathers.

I am a great admirer for their knowledge and their analysis of environment back then.

this is how civilian administrations should work.

Deliberately, and cautiously.

Impatience this stage may give a bit of breathing room to terror5ists.

But believe you me

civilians governments today are the best hope for Pakistani military.

This wot can become something much more complex if army ditches civilian gov of NS and PPP and PTI.

So my bro

patience is the need of the hour.

Mush failed miserably in lal musjid

and I worry Rahil can too if he tries to take over civilian side of the gov

So please do not suggest anything like this

Thank you
Hi,
Well Said Sir, couldnt agree more I mean thats how things are supposed to work in real world right ???

But here in Pakistan, when you have Jahil GAWAR illetrate villager mentality politicians who also happens to be feudal lords, rapists, criminals and god knows what. You really cant apply that analogy here ( Though i m not a very fond supoorter of military rule or something) b

How is he depoliticizing the police in KPK? Has the process of appointing/transfering the police chiefs been changed?

I think in Pakistan we have different meaning of policing.... it cannot be used for counter any thing other than keeping a watchful eye and process dispute complains etc.
There should be district police and federal police, federal police should be responsible for homicide cases and naturally supported by district police.
While non of police can ever be effective, as long we do not change our governing system to District level and so does our tax collection and spending.
Tax payers should be the one deciding how and where to spend collected tax in there respective district.
Federation should comprise of one President and few secretaries, universities / specialized professional bodies should be the advising counsels.

Back
Top Bottom