What's new

Temples of Pakistan

Shree Ramdev (ramapeer) Mandir Chelhar — atTharparkar District.

1236891_505696949512065_948709976_n.jpg

945675_455795571168870_287784646_n.jpg

Shree Krishna Mandir @ Mithi, Sindh Pakistan

550191_409754205773007_2049584847_n.jpg

Last edited:
Some temples from Rawalpindi:
Rawalpindi%20-%20Hindu%20Temple%20-%20FEB%202010%20-%2001.jpg

1224441261.JPG

Temple wall in Landa Bazzar, Rawalpindi - Hati Chowk!

ganjmandi-temple-3.jpg

Ganj Mandi Temple- Rawalpindi

ambardaran-temple-bohar-bazaar-rwp.jpg

Bohar Bazar Temple

at-chungi-no-4-001.jpg

Chungi Temple - GT Road, Rawalpindi

takhpari-temple.jpg

Thak Pari mandir

mohan-temple-lundabaza.jpg

Mohan Mandir - Rawalpindi

ganjmandi-temple.jpg

Ganjmandi Temple - Exterior

temple-at-sagri-village-rwp.jpg

Sigri Temple - Sigri Village, Rawalpindi

temple-at-purana-qilla-rawalpindi.jpg

Purana Mandir - Purana Qilla - Rawalpindi

^ Looking at all these beautiful buildings, the government should do more to protect them. I am a Muslim but even then i was really moved by seeing the state of some of these houses of worship, which are part of Pakistani cultural heritage and should be preserved for generations to come.

Some temples from Rawalpindi:
Rawalpindi%20-%20Hindu%20Temple%20-%20FEB%202010%20-%2001.jpg

1224441261.JPG

Temple wall in Landa Bazzar, Rawalpindi - Hati Chowk!

ganjmandi-temple-3.jpg

Ganj Mandi Temple- Rawalpindi

ambardaran-temple-bohar-bazaar-rwp.jpg

Bohar Bazar Temple

at-chungi-no-4-001.jpg

Chungi Temple - GT Road, Rawalpindi

takhpari-temple.jpg

Thak Pari mandir

mohan-temple-lundabaza.jpg

Mohan Mandir - Rawalpindi

ganjmandi-temple.jpg

Ganjmandi Temple - Exterior

temple-at-sagri-village-rwp.jpg

Sigri Temple - Sigri Village, Rawalpindi

temple-at-purana-qilla-rawalpindi.jpg

Purana Mandir - Purana Qilla - Rawalpindi
there are so many temples in pindi why? were Hindus in greater population in pindi

there are so many temples in pindi why? were Hindus in greater population in pindi

Pre partition yes, the district that now makes up all of Rawalpindi was once home to a very large Hindu population, partly because it was on the cross roads of the Indus Civilization, the Harraps, the Gandahara's, etc; just look at Taxila as an example. Even now over 1200 hindu's live in Rawalpindi district.

.: Pakistan Hindu Council :.

These temples need to be put to good use and converted into mosques. People used to be pagan in our region centuries ago, then they became Muslims, some of these pagan temples were abandoned by the same people who made them, now it would be nice, if the children of these people converted them into mosques.

1) Do you know what Islam dictates on the matter of places of worship belonging to other religions? Educate yourself before touting Islam's banner.

2) The places of worship are not the property of any family, or anyone for that matter. They belong to the religion and that religion's God. And then to that religion's followers, where ever they may be.

And then these temples belong to the state and people of Pakistan but only as heritage.

On topic:

I have pretty tall old Hindu temple in the block adjacent to mine, can be seen from my house's roof top. Its in the center of the market place where there's Bhaiya Kabab, Lahoris would know that place.

1) Do you know what Islam dictates on the matter of places of worship belonging to other religions? Educate yourself before touting Islam's banner.

2) The places of worship are not the property of any family, or anyone for that matter. They belong to the religion and that religion's God. And then to that religion's followers, where ever they may be.

And then these temples belong to the state and people of Pakistan but only as heritage.

On topic:

I have pretty tall old Hindu temple in the block adjacent to mine, can be seen from my house's roof top. Its in the center of the market place where there's Bhaiya Kabab, Lahoris would know that place.

How many gods are there?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom