What's new

Temples of Pakistan

well it has already been destroyed.... :(

I can sadly see that bro unreal people that hate and cause hate it's simply just pathetic just as they are .

Pakistan should try and rebuild and restore the Sharda Peeth in Kashmir(Obviously the part that it administers).Its got a huge history behind it and is a Shakti Peeth which again would attract numerous pilgrims from India.It's a sincere proposal that I am making,the Sharda Peeth is an architectural marvel and on top of that its situated in the midst of untouched and pristine natural beauty.The same is true for the Katasraj Shiv Mandir.

Not sure about that part. It's history is undoubtedly remarkable, but not it's architecture IMO.

I thought you could see the obvious yourself. Very well then,

What you and/or I believe in holds no bearing when it comes to the right of belief of others. Does not matter if your beliefs are true or not. If you allow your self the ill-deserved luxury of imposing your beliefs upon others then I will stand in your way (I'm no hero, this isn't even because I'm using my common sense, I'm just following that which my religion has told me), does not matter if I agree with your beliefs or not. Specifically because that un-educated pompous self of yours is exactly what's tarnishing everything that which I believe in stands for. God, Allah, the one and only, has ordered you to protect the rights of those who have been given under your protection (introduce your sorry self to google. How ironic), to protect their lives, their property and their rights, one of which is their right in choosing their own religion along with which comes their right of security for their places of worship. This is what was practiced by the Prophet and then followed by the sahaba, one example of which was Hazrat Umar rejecting the offer of offering prayer inside a church in Jerusalem. But of course you don't care for that.

All of the above was point number one.

The second point (which is the concept of a masjid) was copy pasted from Islam. Wonder how many people actually own a masjid. When you convert you loose all claim to that place of worship and till you don't, you still don't hold a sliver worth of ownership of it, as is the case with a masjid. Learn that which you claim to uphold.

Btw points 1) and 2) were independent and mutually exclusive as denoted by the, apparently, not so obvious "1)" and "2)". Which would indicate that point number 2) was not related to point number 1) and hence is not directly dictated by Islam. Incidentally, it however is what is practiced in Islam.

In closing, you still trip balls and start pissing blood when you hear that hundreds of years ago the Christians demolished a small part of Masjid al Qurtaba and made it a cathedral. That too when your ancestors, in all probability, were non-muslims at that time and you even now are in no way related to the Muslims that inhabited Spain. But of course, why would you care for anyone else's rights....right?

To reject what is against the principles of Islam is for the followers of Islam not for the ones who do not follow it. Neither is it for the followers of Islam to force the non-followers into rejecting. Nor is it for the followers to claim the minister-ship of the Lord (which ironically is least suited for them) and go on rejecting it on the behalf of all those who do not follow Islam. Islam teaches us a lot about knowing one's place........google it.

ps: I'm still amazed at the sheer stupidity of your last post...

Honestly, I have no idea what you just said, and at this point I don't quite care anymore....

Lets not derail the thread shall we?

Peace.

Last edited:

Nankana_Sahib.JPG

450px-PanjaSahibExterior1.JPG

Hasan abdal, Attock

508480-gurdwaraPHOTORASHIDALI-1361085517-318-640x480.jpg

These look like gurudwaras to me.

All of them are in such a terrible condition.....on the verge of destruction.......and they complain about one Babri Masjid destruction...........

Agreed .... the main reason of such conditions is lack of funds and the utilization of available funds thru corrupt hands - this is not only the case of temples, other historic places are also suffering. Few months back some culprits dug a historical grave yard since centuries (most probably in Sindh) in search of buried treasure.

Such heritage and history not to be left in this miserable condition.

Pakistan should try and rebuild and restore the Sharda Peeth in Kashmir(Obviously the part that it administers).Its got a huge history behind it and is a Shakti Peeth which again would attract numerous pilgrims from India.It's a sincere proposal that I am making,the Sharda Peeth is an architectural marvel and on top of that its situated in the midst of untouched and pristine natural beauty.The same is true for the Katasraj Shiv Mandir.
Thing is that in AJK no indians r allowed anyways unless yr a Kashmiri so even if we rebuild them they will be waste of money.

5e33698bd42ad332a203fbda85ace1fa.jpg

Hindu Temple, Chiniot, Punjab

6b60306f28c5c7b9ba8350f9deade675.jpg

Choor munda temple Sialkot, Punjab

7078c60e3ca0ed72db30c7d8c5a6118a.jpg

Hindu temple is situated in Manora island, Karachi

6365359e7f39319a2ea78e09663c804c.jpg

Taxila, Punjab

0e640fa7ee55482ec9f0629acb53c116.jpg

1500 years old Panchmukhi Hanuman Mandir located at Soldier Bazaar in Karachi is one of the oldest Hindu temples in Pakistan. The temple holds special significance for Hindus as it is the only shrine in the world which has a “natural statue” of Hanuman that is not man-made. The blue and white 8 feet statue …

ad896122c2860511e54693cf2e5a51c8.jpg

Hinglaj Mata Mandir Cave. Baluchistan.

b6493209ab259414bf67e25f96ceb22b.jpg

Are you someone who wants to know about the famous Hindu temples in Pakistan or you think that temples in Pakistan are as scarce as water in a desert? If you are one, you need to visit this country in Southeast Asia. Despite being an Islamic country, Pakistan boasts of several popular Hindu temples dotting its landscape. Jagannath Mandir in Sialkot, Hinglaj Mata Mandir in Baluchistan, Shri Varun Dev Mandir in Manora and Panchmukhi Hanuman Mandir in Karachi are some of the good examples.

You don’t have to read books on archeology or log onto UNESCO website as the region was home to a large Hindu population before Pakistan came into existence. The country still has a significant Hindu population which prides in these places of worship. Here we take a glance of popular Hindu temples in Pakistan.

Jagannath Mandir, Sialkot
Where: Sialkot district, Punjab province.

Situated in Paris Road area of Sialkot, Jagannath Mandir was added to city’s landscape in early 2007. Lord Jagannath, one of the forms of Lord Vishnu, is presiding deity at this impressive temple. Once you visit this temple you can also visit several tourists attractions situated in and around the city. The city is replete with history where

Hinglaj Mata Mandir, Baluchistan
Where: Lasbela district, Baluchistan

Commanding a great religious importance, Hinglaj Mata Mandir also called as the Nani Mandir is one of the prominent temples in the world. It is an important Shakti Peeth of Goddess Sati and the place is frequented by a large number of travelers from Pakistan and around the world. As per popular belief, the temples is situated at the place where Mata Sati’s head fall on to the ground where Lord Vishnu slashed her body in to pieces while Lord shiva was doing Tandav. It is also revealed that lord Rama also spent some time here seeking atonement of his sin of killing a Brahin (Ravana).

Shri Varun Dev Mandir, Manora
Where: Manora Island in Karachi, Sindh, Pakistan

Situated on the outskirts of Manora Cantt, Shri Varun Dev Mandir is more than 160 years old and a fine piece of Hindu architecture. The temple dedicated to Varun, the God of the Oceans is not in good condition and poor upkeep can be blamed for it. The temple is not used for worship now but you can visit it for its fine architecture and beautiful Craftsmanship.

Katas Raj Temple, Chakwal
Where: Chakwal district, Punjab province.

Enjoying a beautiful location in the district of Chakwal, Punjab, the Katas Raj Temple is dedicated to Lord Shiva. As per locals the temple is supposed to a period before the Mahabharata days. There are several legends and tales attached to this temple. Some says that the Pandavas spent their period of exile here. Some says that holy pool created around the temple was made up of Lord Shiva’s tears. The authenticity of these claims is yet to be established but it doesn’t stop travelers from visiting this temple en masse.

Panchmukhi Hanuman Mandir
Where: Old quarters of Soldier Bazaar, Karachi.

One of the most prominent temples in Pakistan Panchmukhi Hanuman Mandir is different from majority of temples because it houses a non-manmade idol of Hanuman. The temple is situated at a place where this natural statue was found. The statue represents all the five form of deity. The temple has also found mention in Al-Baruni’s Kitab-ul-Hind. The temple is frequented by a large number of pilgrims believing their wishes would be fulfilled. People of all caste, creed and religion are among the visitors. Most of the Hindu devotees visiting Karachi include this temple in their itinerary.

Kalka Devi Cave
Where: Arore, Sindh.

One of the holiest places for Hindus in Pakistan, the place is considered important because as per Hindu mythology goddess Kali stopped here on her way to Hinglaj. A visit to this cave is considered auspicious for people of different caste, creed and religion. The place is frequented by a large number of visitors on the first Monday of every month. The cave sees highest turnout during the annual festival in September.

Naval Mandir
Where: Ranchore Lines, Karachi

Also considered one of the major temples for Hindus in Pakistan Naval Mandir is one of the most revered temples in Karachi. A visit to this temple is supposed to have magical powers like cleansed hearts of hatred and turning misdemeanors into the virtuous. Among other things, the temple is a refuge of homeless. The temple also houses the statues of Santoshi Mata, Kali, Hanuman, Guru Nanak, Vishnu, Shiva, Ganesha and Rama. An air of mysticism surrounds the temple complex and its adjoining areas during the festivals. It looks more spectacular during the festivals of Holi and Diwali.

Gor Khattree and Gorakhnath Temple
Where: Peshawar, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa.

Gor Khattree is a misnomer. Literally meaning Warrior’s Grave the place doesn’t have a tombstone in vicinity. The fort like temple complex, which is called as the Gorakhnath Temple, has also been mentioned in Baburnama, the memoir of Mughal Emperor Babur. The temple complex has an unusual structure thus making it hard to describe. As per folklores Gorakhnath jumped into the temple well for bath and surfaced at distance of 15 kilometers at Gorakh Digi. The place is now called as Kushal Bagh. The place sees a large number of visitor turnouts out on Tuesday when devotees come here, sings bhajans and recites verses from Hindu holy books.

Last edited:
These look like gurudwaras to me.

Yes.
This is a Gurdwara. Gurdwara Janam Asthan Nankana Sahib. It is a city and capital of Nankana Sahib District in the Punjab. It is named after the first guru of the Sikhs, Guru Nanak. Guru Nanak who was born in the city and first began preaching here. Today, Nankana Sahib is a city of high historic and religious value for Sikhs and is a popular pilgrimage site for Sikhs from all over the world.

Gorakhnath Temple, Peshawar, NWFP

Hindus at the historic Gorakhnath temple in Peshawar, Pakistan. The temple was reopened after six decades on the orders of the Peshawar High Court. (November, 2011)

Katas Raj Temples, Chakwal, near Lahore, Punjab

Katas Raj Temple is situated in Chakwal district of Punjab in Pakistan. Dedicated to Lord Shiva, the temple has existed before the days of Mahabharata and the Pandava brothers spent a substantial part of their exile here.

It is said that the five Pandava brothers, heroes of the Historical epic Mahabharata, stayed here four out of the 14 years that they spent in exile.

Its origin involves the death of Shiva's wife Satti. When she died, Shiva cried so much and for so long, that his tears created two holy ponds - one at Pushkar in Ajmer, India and the other at the Katas Raj Temple

Hindu Temple, Mari-Indus, near Kalabagh, Punjab

Hindu Temple, Rawalpindi, Punjab

Hinglaj Mandir or Nani Mandir, Hingol National Park, Baluchistan

An important Shakti Peeth of Goddess Sati, Hinglaj Mandir or Nani Mandir is situated in Hingol National Park in Baluchistan province of Pakistan.

It came into existence when Lord Vishnu cut up Sati's dead body into 52 pieces so that Lord Shiva would calm down and stop his Tandava. These pieces got scattered all over the Indian subcontinent whilst Sati's head fell at Hingula or Hinglaj.

According to ancient scriptures, Lord Rama had also meditated at Hinglaj to atone for his sin of 'Brahmhatya' - killing of Ravana who was a Brahmin and a great devotee of Lord Shiva and Goddess Durga.

Hindu Temple, Umerkot, Sindh

Hindu Temple, Sialkot, Punjab

Kalka Cave Temple, Arore, near Rohri, Sindh

Photo credit

Hindu Temples, Tilla Jogian, Punjab

Hindu Temple, Anarkali Bazaar, Lahore, Punjab

Hindu Temple, behind Juma Mosque, Rawalpindi, Punjab

Swami Narayan Mandir, Karachi

23785551.jpg

Hindu Temple, Thar

DSCF0341.JPG

Bilawal-Bhuttos-Diwali-Celebrations.jpg