What's new

Telangana bill got passed in loksabha.A new State got born in India.

metro is not possible. . But most likely Guntur Vij going to be capital... both cities are well connevted other districts as well as major cities in India.. they could use NTR university temporary and other infrastructure. . by merging Guntur+ Vijayawada+Tenali+Mangalagiri+Chilukaluripeta+Narsaraopet it could become another Hyderabad. ..
i am thinking more like the surroundings of those regions will be denotified (the agency and forest lands)and the construction of the capital will take place from scratch and the city will be spread to all the above mentioned regions..thats a lot easier and better than building an already existing city which is already saturated..

GVMC alone is equal to your Guntur+ Vijayawada+Tenali+Mangalagiri+Chilukaluripeta+Narsaraopet

Then be prepared for wait for one generation, 40 yrs atleast.

Ongole, BZA, Gunture are just small towns. Guntur just got its local buses last year :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Becoz u r dumb enough not to realize the potential.
there are several issues to be considered before building a capital
1.is sufficient land available??
for vizag apart from the city rest of the region is mostly forest lands protected under schedule 5 of indian constitution in order to safe gaurd the rights of the tribals located in the region.
2.water
water currently is supplied from gosthani river and few canals from eluru and surrounding region.in future if the population gets increased can gostani support that kind of population??
3.connectivity
as we already discussed vizag is far off to the other regions not just in the state but also to other regions.if its vijayawada region its already well established and nearer to not just vizag but also hyderabad,chennai,and bangalore so its more or less equidistant
4.consensus
keeping all the above things aside purely from political perspective we know that vijayawada is stronger than any other region and more so rayalaseema people might be more comfortable with vijayawada surroundings to be capital than vizag just because its nearer to them
4.there are other strategic issues like security.viziag is a crucial place for navy not just as a naval command but also we know that nuclear subs are being constructed in the dock yard.even municipal decisions are taken there with the consultaion of MOD..(might i remind you that navy once rejected vizag airport to be converted in to a fullfledged international airport)so MOD might not be comfortable if vizag expands.more activity in the city means more security measures.

having said all that vizag will remain the top most city in the state for the time being..recently venkayyah naidu announced that pm was favourable in establishing a vizag chennai corridor..besides vizag has a wide range of income generating options varying from IT to tourism to industries to agriculture..so no matter where the captial is vizag's growth prospects are going to increased.vizag sez might be revitalized.bjp is damandid tax concessions to industries so it might get benefit greatly.but if vizag becomes capital..the sez s and new industries will be shifted to other regions in order to compensate them..

1.is sufficient land available??
20K acres of land already denotified between Greater Vizag abd Vizainagaram. FYI.

for vizag apart from the city rest of the region is mostly forest lands protected under schedule 5 of indian constitution in order to safe gaurd the rights of the tribals located in the region.
Wrong. Forests are atleast 100 KMs away from Vizag. One side you have the oceans and three sides you have land available, not the teh forest land.

2.water
water currently is supplied from gosthani river and few canals from eluru and surrounding region.in future if the population gets increased can gostani support that kind of population??

Wrong. Vizag already has water being supplied from Godavari river. the vizag industrial water supply board is fully functional and can cater needs growing demand.

3.connectivity
as we already discussed vizag is far off to the other regions not just in the state but also to other regions.if its vijayawada region its already well established and nearer to not just vizag but also hyderabad,chennai,and bangalore so its more or less equidistant

Stupid arugument. How far is then Vijaywada to Bhubaneswar and Kolkata? Shall I say Vizag is lees distance to Kolakata and Bhubaneswar?

4.consensus
keeping all the above things aside purely from political perspective we know that vijayawada is stronger than any other region and more so rayalaseema people might be more comfortable with vijayawada surroundings to be capital than vizag just because its nearer to them

Again dumb. If distance is the factor, then we people from uattarandhra should have never accepted Hyd as our capital as its more than 13hrs jurney from us.

there are other strategic issues like security.viziag is a crucial place for navy not just as a naval command but also we know that nuclear subs are being constructed in the dock yard.even municipal decisions are taken there with the consultaion of MOD..(might i remind you that navy once rejected vizag airport to be converted in to a fullfledged international airport)so MOD might not be comfortable if vizag expands.more activity in the city means more security measures.

Then please denotify Mumbai, Trivandrum and Chennai as state capitals, and make a village as capital for Maha, Keraa and Tamil Nadu.

having said all that vizag will remain the top most city in the state for the time being..recently venkayyah naidu announced that pm was favourable in establishing a vizag chennai corridor..besides vizag has a wide range of income generating options varying from IT to tourism to industries to agriculture..so no matter where the captial is vizag's growth prospects are going to increased.vizag sez might be revitalized.bjp is damandid tax concessions to industries so it might get benefit greatly.but if vizag becomes capital..the sez s and new industries will be shifted to other regions in order to compensate them..

Top city? my foot. We've have been cheated by this useless word fro past few decades and wont be cheated anymore.

Why dont you guys give us a separate state of Uttarandhra and make vijaywada as your capital for kostaseema??

20K acres of land already denotified between Greater Vizag abd Vizainagaram. FYI.

Wrong. Forests are atleast 100 KMs away from Vizag. One side you have the oceans and three sides you have land available, not the teh forest land.

Wrong. Vizag already has water being supplied from Godavari river. the vizag industrial water supply board is fully functional and can cater needs growing demand.

Stupid arugument. How far is then Vijaywada to Bhubaneswar and Kolkata? Shall I say Vizag is lees distance to Kolakata and Bhubaneswar?

Again dumb. If distance is the factor, then we people from uattarandhra should have never accepted Hyd as our capital as its more than 13hrs jurney from us.

Then please denotify Mumbai, Trivandrum and Chennai as state capitals, and make a village as capital for Maha, Keraa and Tamil Nadu.

Top city? my foot. We've have been cheated by this useless word fro past few decades and wont be cheated anymore.

Why dont you guys give us a separate state of Uttarandhra and make vijaywada as your capital for kostaseema??
I bet with you. .Vizag is out of option..

Either you are immature or just pretending ... do you know population of Vijayawada Vizag and Guntur. ..lol... I studied masters near Vizag.. I lived in Vizianagaram for 2 years... 13hours to hyd isn't big deal.. but do you know distance from Chittoor and Anantapur to vizag. .. forget about Kadiri other towns which located at boarders. .. from Atp to Vizag 20hours...

Investors pitch for Vizag as new capital :tup::tup::tup:

They are confident that the division would throw up new opportunities to promote Brand Vizag
Investors and top corporate executives feel relieved with the end of ambiguity over the formation of Telangana.

While vouching to make Vizag the new capital of the residual State of Andhra Pradesh, they exude confidence that the division would throw up new opportunities to promote Brand Vizag, notwithstanding some teething problems.

Natural choice
Stating that the city was the natural choice for the new capital with world-class infrastructure, they said when The Hindu contacted them individually for their opinion that after the elections, the city would attract more investments. They said the policy-makers should learn a lesson from development of Hyderabad as an international city ignoring all other parts of undivided AP and called for initiatives to ensure balanced development.

As part of a package, they sought tax incentives, railway zone, an international airport, establishment of premier research institutes, IITs, IIMs and speeding up of work on mega projects like PCPIR and IT Investment Region (ITIR).

RINL Director (Commercial) T.K. Chand said Vizag had readymade infrastructure to become a capital. “We didn’t wish new State formation but it is becoming a reality. Brand Vizag is recognised as a jewel on the East Coast. It will now be stronger with Vizag Steel finding market in South East Asia, South Asia, Middle East and Africa,” he said.

Pitching for Vizag as capital, CII-Vizag zonal chairman G. Sambasiva Rao said “We have 970-km-long coastline. The Maritime Board maybe in place once division is completed. Lot of opportunities will be available to develop the city and State further.”

Balanced development
Mr. Rao, who is the managing director of Sravan Shipping, said there should not be any negative feeling and everyone should try hard for balanced development.

President of RHI Clasil Ltd. R.V.S. Raju said with the end of prolonged uncertainty over division, investors were pinning hopes on accelerating growth in and around Vizag. He said learning a lesson from Hyderabad and the sentiments of Seemandhra people, development should be balanced by ensuring location of Assembly, Secretariat, High Court, RBI and other institutes at various places.

On the new capital, he said geographically, it should be somewhere near Vijayawada. However, he added that, none of the capitals in India are geographically located. And he made it very clear that personally, he would love development of Vizag, in whatever way it was possible.

Proactive steps
Vizag Profiles Group Director K.V. Bhaskar said there was no dearth of entrepreneurship and easy access to new capital and leadership would throw up new opportunities for development. He wanted proactive measures to ensure development in all parts of Seemandhra. While endorsing the demand to make Vizag the new capital, he said “all of us should not follow the Hyderabad model of development, where everything was concentrated for several decades.”

Strongly advocating Vizag to be made capital due to its strategic location and good infrastructure, Vizag Development Council O. Naresh Kumar said as part of a package, they wanted Free Trade Zone, ITIR and a slew of incentives to offset the loss which the city suffered due to Hyderabad-centric development.

I didn't want to stoop to your level calling other people names but which school are you in?

U r already in dirt.

Either you are immature or just pretending ... do you know population of Vijayawada Vizag and Guntur. ..lol... I studied masters near Vizag.. I lived in Vizianagaram for 2 years... 13hours to hyd isn't big deal.. but do you know distance from Chittoor and Anantapur to vizag. .. forget about Kadiri other towns which located at boarders. .. from Atp to Vizag 20hours...

kanyakumari to Delhi is more than 3 days. SHould delhi be stripped of its national capital status?:omghaha:

Investors pitch for Vizag as new capital :tup::tup::tup:

They are confident that the division would throw up new opportunities to promote Brand Vizag
Investors and top corporate executives feel relieved with the end of ambiguity over the formation of Telangana.

While vouching to make Vizag the new capital of the residual State of Andhra Pradesh, they exude confidence that the division would throw up new opportunities to promote Brand Vizag, notwithstanding some teething problems.

Natural choice
Stating that the city was the natural choice for the new capital with world-class infrastructure, they said when The Hindu contacted them individually for their opinion that after the elections, the city would attract more investments. They said the policy-makers should learn a lesson from development of Hyderabad as an international city ignoring all other parts of undivided AP and called for initiatives to ensure balanced development.

As part of a package, they sought tax incentives, railway zone, an international airport, establishment of premier research institutes, IITs, IIMs and speeding up of work on mega projects like PCPIR and IT Investment Region (ITIR).

RINL Director (Commercial) T.K. Chand said Vizag had readymade infrastructure to become a capital. “We didn’t wish new State formation but it is becoming a reality. Brand Vizag is recognised as a jewel on the East Coast. It will now be stronger with Vizag Steel finding market in South East Asia, South Asia, Middle East and Africa,” he said.

Pitching for Vizag as capital, CII-Vizag zonal chairman G. Sambasiva Rao said “We have 970-km-long coastline. The Maritime Board maybe in place once division is completed. Lot of opportunities will be available to develop the city and State further.”

Balanced development
Mr. Rao, who is the managing director of Sravan Shipping, said there should not be any negative feeling and everyone should try hard for balanced development.

President of RHI Clasil Ltd. R.V.S. Raju said with the end of prolonged uncertainty over division, investors were pinning hopes on accelerating growth in and around Vizag. He said learning a lesson from Hyderabad and the sentiments of Seemandhra people, development should be balanced by ensuring location of Assembly, Secretariat, High Court, RBI and other institutes at various places.

On the new capital, he said geographically, it should be somewhere near Vijayawada. However, he added that, none of the capitals in India are geographically located. And he made it very clear that personally, he would love development of Vizag, in whatever way it was possible.

Proactive steps
Vizag Profiles Group Director K.V. Bhaskar said there was no dearth of entrepreneurship and easy access to new capital and leadership would throw up new opportunities for development. He wanted proactive measures to ensure development in all parts of Seemandhra. While endorsing the demand to make Vizag the new capital, he said “all of us should not follow the Hyderabad model of development, where everything was concentrated for several decades.”

Strongly advocating Vizag to be made capital due to its strategic location and good infrastructure, Vizag Development Council O. Naresh Kumar said as part of a package, they wanted Free Trade Zone, ITIR and a slew of incentives to offset the loss which the city suffered due to Hyderabad-centric development.

U r already in dirt.

kanyakumari to Delhi is more than 3 days. SHould delhi be stripped of its national capital status?:omghaha:

I think you lost your faculties but in any case I would be happy if Vizag becomes capital, I wouldn't want Vijjayawada to become messy, unorganized and have haphazard traffic. So more power to you. But I am afraid you would have no choice like me.

I think you lost your faculties but in any case I would be happy if Vizag becomes capital, I wouldn't want Vijjayawada to become messy, unorganized and have haphazard traffic. So more power to you. But I am afraid you would have no choice like me.

Bud, right from beginning you were on a confrontational note, hence my replies.

I dont mind BZA being cap, but we want IT investments, Railway Zone headquarters.

All political establishments can remain with BZA.

Bud, right from beginning you were on a confrontational note, hence my replies.

I dont mind BZA being cap, but we want IT investments, Railway Zone headquarters.

All political establishments can remain with BZA.

No matter where capital comes the cities of Vijayawada and Vizag are bound to attract investments. I hope instead of capital city centrist, politicians target more linear development across board for not letting further division among people. At least that should be the take away from this entire episode.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom