What's new

Tejas worse than LIFT trainer aircraft

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is what 40+ years of working (assemble foreign parts) will produce in performance.

"The IAF has told the government that the "endurance" of Tejas in combat is just about 59 minutes as against 3 hours of Gripen and nearly 4 fours for the F-16. Also, Tejas can carry a pay-load of about three tons against nearly six tons and seven tons by the Gripen and F-16 respectively, according to the documents accessed by the news channel.

"In other words, for target that needs about 36 bombs to be destroyed, one will have to deploy six Tejas as against just three Gripen or F-16," the IAF has told the government.

The IAF has also said Tejas needs 20 hours of serving for every hour of flying as against six hours for Gripen and 3.5 hours for F-16."

Last edited:
It’s so sad so much money wasted. Why not invest in TEDBF………..

Same thing with Arjun tank, the only thing not done right is paint a target in the front and back of the tank … with a sign that says , I am slow, big and light armored hence I was expandable so they did not give me a real tank like T-90…

The Indian nuclear submarine that leaked and sank…….

Indian made helicopters that people returned even when they were giving for free….also tried to kill bipin rawat….

I am not making this stuff up

K

Hi,

You don't look to be a family man---. This project has provided good income for many a generation of indian engineers and scientists.

Why do you want to spoil a good thing---.

Tejas is ugly, MK2 is uglier and TEDBF is like a cramped up paper plane... like everything India makes is cursed to be out of beauty.

View attachment 812471

just using your diagram to prove a point

tejas is a waste of money mk1 is inferior to all Pakistani jets including the mirage 3/5 as these will be used in a strike role covered by if-17, f-16s or j-10 s which are all superior to mk1, and mk 1a of the tejas

tejas mk 2 will suffer from the same problems as mk1 it’s an even bigger platform with a much much underpowered engine…. So instead of wasting money buy f-16/f-21 or gripen both are better and cheaper to operate.

the Tedbf is a problem for Pakistan as it has twin engines meaning it would have strike and air superiority role all in one. as it’s based on the carrier so numbers could be inducted. With two engines you can put a lot of avionics and powerful radar…..

it’s a mini Rafael….. but alas all it’s potential build money will be lost to a fools errand tejas…..

from a Pakistani perspective project Azam is cool n all but we need partners who can help augment the cost. Between China and turkey, I would personally choose turkey for its advanced European technology.

k

Where is Tejas in the graph? 40+ years can't make it? J-11B is a variant after J-11. India would take at least 80 years to make something like that.
40 years? The first flight happened in 2001. What are you talking about?

French AF asked for Rafale like a jet in 71-72, so French took 30 years in development?
The idioticness in this forum about Indian platforms is just amazing, and they call us our number 1 enemy. I think it is good for us in the long term.

Hi,

You don't look to be a family man---. This project has provided good income for many a generation of indian engineers and scientists.

Why do you want to spoil a good thing---.
Yeah, don't spoil this, spoil the paint job.

just using your diagram to prove a point

tejas is a waste of money mk1 is inferior to all Pakistani jets including the mirage 3/5 as these will be used in a strike role covered by if-17, f-16s or j-10 s which are all superior to mk1, and mk 1a of the tejas

tejas mk 2 will suffer from the same problems as mk1 it’s an even bigger platform with a much much underpowered engine…. So instead of wasting money buy f-16/f-21 or gripen both are better and cheaper to operate.

the Tedbf is a problem for Pakistan as it has twin engines meaning it would have strike and air superiority role all in one. as it’s based on the carrier so numbers could be inducted. With two engines you can put a lot of avionics and powerful radar…..

it’s a mini Rafael….. but alas all it’s potential build money will be lost to a fools errand tejas…..

from a Pakistani perspective project Azam is cool n all but we need partners who can help augment the cost. Between China and turkey, I would personally choose turkey for its advanced European technology.

k
mi gaad :hang3:

On this momentous day of additional sales of jf-17 to Iraq and very soon to Argentina 🇦🇷

I wanted to understand that why is india investing in a terrible aircraft, Tejas that is worse than even LIFT trainers. the US navy, Egypt and Malaysia have refused this aircraft .

Why does India not invest all resources in the TEDBF rather than waste money on Tejas ……

Alkhalid 1 tanks had issues Pakistan stoped building them. Developed the alkhalid 1 and soon the alkhalid 2 .

Why no TEDBF…. Why the waste in tejas

Constructive views welcome

K

To quote Napoleon Bonaparte (I'm not a fan of this guy at all) "If you see your enemy faltering toward a collapse, don't stand in the way of it, move aside."

So I implore Pakistanis to please stop helping Indians by identifying their faults. Leave to their devices, if they're hurtling toward their downfall, get out of their way.

The only time when we can engage with them, if there is a chance for real peace.

40 years? The first flight happened in 2001. What are you talking about?

French AF asked for Rafale like a jet in 71-72, so French took 30 years in development?
The idioticness in this forum about Indian platforms is just amazing, and they call us our number 1 enemy. I think it is good for us in the long term.
Rafale was first flown in 1986 and formally introduced into service in 2001.

Tejas was first flown in 2001 and formally introduced into service in 2015. They are over 200 rafales in service. They are only 40 tejas in service.

Jf17 first flew in 2003 and inducted in 2007. They are ovee 150 jf17 in service

To quote @Rafi - nuff said.......

Rafale was first flown in 1986 and formally introduced into service in 2001.

Tejas was first flown in 2001 and formally introduced into service in 2015. They are over 200 rafales in service. They are only 40 tejas in service.

Jf17 first flew in 2003 and inducted in 2007. They are ovee 150 jf17 in service

To quote @Rafi - nuff said.......
so? are you justifying my argument? Lol, yeah exactly.

so? are you justifying my argument? Lol, yeah exactly.
Your argument was trying to justify the absurdly long development period of the tejas by using the rafale as a means to justify it.

The rafale was first flown in 1986, just 8 years after development. The tejas first flew in 2001, 20 years after development. It took another 14 years for it to enter service, that to in limited numbers.

Thats 34 years for a crap jet to be in service in limited numbers compared to the dassault, who in 34 years managed to make and induct a good fighter jet en masse.

In short, the tejas is absolutely shit and the time taken to develop and induct it into service is even worse.

Your argument was trying to justify the absurdly long development period of the tejas by using the rafale as a means to justify it.

The rafale was first flown in 1986, just 8 years after development. The tejas first flew in 2001, 20 years after development. It took another 14 years for it to enter service, that to in limited numbers.

Thats 34 years for a crap jet to be in service in limited numbers compared to the dassault, who in 34 years managed to make and induct a good fighter jet en masse.

In short, the tejas is absolutely shit and the time taken to develop and induct it into service is even worse.
PSQR and CDR happened in 95-97,,, have you even studied Tejas program?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom