What's new

Tarun Tejpal steps down as Tehelka's Editor for six months over sexual assault

open karlo yaar......

Saara Taala khul raha hai Congress ka .... Ek kai baad ek .. nonstop
well bhai the list is very very long all these NDTV/CNN IBN TV/Tehelka and many many more most of whome are now in power and most of New Delhi's so called Page 3s A Lister circle incleuding many to fashion designers, former and current models and coreographers are on payrol of congress since there university days and almost all of them got there breaks by doing "dallagiri" for tharki / old but politicalli powerfull congressi netas most of you must have watched movie "page 3" well multiply those crimes on ratio of X 10 and youl get the picture ...hammam me sab ke sab nange hain kis kis ka naam loge

Tejpal family trying to intimidate me: Tehelka journalist

NEW DELHI: The woman journalist, who accused Tarun Tejpal of sexually assaulting her today said, "A person close to Tejpal wanted to know who I was seeking legal help from and I fear this may be the beginning of a period of further intimidation."

Statement to the media from Tehelka woman journalist

Earlier in the day, a team of Goa Police officials reached Tehelka's Delhi office and quizzed magazine's managing editor Shoma Chaudhury and other staff. TV channels reported that police officials have demanded laptops and iPads from Shoma.

Tehelka said, "It has shared all the documents requested by the Goa Police and would continue to assist with the investigations."

Goa Police said CCTV cameras were not installed in the hotel elevator where Tejpal alleged to have sexually assaulted his junior colleague twice.

DIG O P Mishra, at a press briefing, on Saturday afternoon said that there was "no specific CCTV camera in the elevator" but the police are examining other footages.

Mishra said that they are approaching the agency that had installed the surveillance system in the hotel. "I cannot reveal any more information because investigations are on," Mishra said.

The victim in her complaint to Tehelka managing editor Shoma Chaudhury had said that Tejpal had sexually assaulted her twice in the elevator in the Club House section of the Grand Hyatt five-star resort during the high profile conference Think Fest.

Tejpal in a statement released on Friday also requested investigators to "examine and release the CCTV footage so that the accurate version of events stands clearly revealed".

Sources, however, said CCTV footage from outside the elevator does show the victim leaving the elevator "in a hurry" on one occasion.

Tejpal family trying to intimidate me: Tehelka journalist - The Times of India

The Indian Media is on trial. A young intern alleged that a retired Judge had made an improper advance towards her. The media reported it extensively. The Chief Justice of India appointed a three Judge inquiry to examine the issue and report its' finding. A Section of the media is outraged that the police in Gujarat was protecting or allegedly keeping an eye on a young lady even with her and her family's consent.

The Goa incident involving Tarun Tejpal and a young journalist is in a different league altogether. The victim's complaint makes out a clear case of rape. The definition of rape was amended by the parliament subsequent to the Justice Verma Committees recommendations. The ingredients of an offence of rape as amended by parliament are squarely made out in the victims e-mail. Why was the offence not allowed to be reported forthwith? Were any pressures brought on the victim not to lodge a complaint? How can an offence of rape be compromised by an atonement that the guilty will not attend office for six month? It is unheard of that a private treaty between Tarun Tejpal and Shoma Choudhary wipes out the penal consequence of rape. How can Shoma Choudhary so definitely say that the victim will not depose before the police? Is she not guilty of tampering with evidence in a rape case by pressuring a young employee to conceal the offence?

The grievance of the of the citizens' movement after the gang rape of Nirbhaya in Delhi was that sexual assaults are alway under reported. Is this what is happening in this case? Just because the assailant has connections in the Congress party the nation is deprived of the sage advise of P Chidambram, the caustic comments of Kapil Sibal and the exaggerated tweets of Manish Tiwari.

Manish Tiwai was in Goa recently. He discovered Hitler there. What a pity that he could not discover a serial rapist in Goa. Additionally we will all await if the outrage in the media is proportionate to the offence. Or will journalistic pressures e brought on the young journalist to conceal the truth. May be secular philandering is to be dealt with a different standard. We all wait to see if the young lady testifies to the truth or not.

Arun Jaitley - The Indian Media is on trial. A young... | Facebook

Shoma Chaudhury Messes Up Batting for God Father Tejpal
by Miscellaneous
Tag: Tehelka, Tarun Tejpal, Shoma Chaudhury, Rape, Sexual assault, Rohit Bansal
Last Updated: Friday, November 22, 2013, 14:03
tarun178.jpg
The newly Tehelka managing editor wanted the CBI chief to lose his job for his rape remark. What of her godfather Tarun Tejpal, the Tehelka founder, molesting a colleague and her own email that Tejpal will be coming back after six months of vacation?

Rohit Bansal

Senior BJP leader Arun Jaitley has written a scathing blog. It indicts not just Tarun Tejpal, the Tehelka founder, or the media at large, but, importantly, Tejpal’s protégé and annointed successor, one Shoma Chaudhury. Referring to “The Goa incident,” involving Tarun Tejpal and a young Tehelka journalist, the politician develops key questions that Chaudhury can hardly refute.“The victim`s complaint makes out a clear case of rape. The definition of rape was amended by the parliament subsequent to the Justice Verma Committees recommendations. The ingredients of an offence of rape as amended by parliament are squarely made out in the victims e-mail.”

“Why was the offence not allowed to be reported forthwith? Were any pressures brought on the victim not to lodge a complaint? How can an offence of rape be compromised by an atonement that the guilty will not attend office for six months?” he asks.

Exactly the argument I have been making on Twitter since the last 48 hours. What is this about ‘six months’ when the new law prescribes a punishment far longer than that?

Why’s the shoe in the other foot and the media being given a lesson of Morality101?

Blame Shoma Chaudhury for her eagerness to protect her god father.

“It is unheard of that a private treaty between Tarun Tejpal and Shoma Choudhary wipes out the penal consequence of rape. How can Shoma Choudhary so definitely say that the victim will not depose before the police? Is she not guilty of tampering with evidence in a rape case by pressuring a young employee to conceal the offence?” Jaitley has pointed out

. Truth be told, I have always found something phoney about Chaudhury’s sanctimonious hisses into the camera. Her Yudhisthira-like postures on a moral perch, claims to speak on behalf of all journalists, makes her the cause of this essay.

Sample the email exchange Chaudhury had with Tejpal.

Tejpal’s is one of a hopelessly smug boss trying to cover up misconduct with a female colleague with flowery English. Chaudhury’s is an essay how not to write a ‘forwarding note’ as an incoming editor, and a woman editor at that, in such a situation. The part that makes this pitiable isn’t just Tejpal`s self-inflicted "laceration" of six months (how really kind of you, sir!) but Chaudhury`s resigned acceptance of their really curious private arrangement.

Hello!

Who is Tejpal to decide how long he should stay away from Tehelka? What`s this figure of six months? Why not six years or whatever is the outcome of the criminal case that he must face if charges are pressed? And how can Chaudhury get away describing groping and other assault reported by a female colleague as a `mistake` or `a lapse.` Exact quote: "We have also believed that when there is a mistake or lapse of any kind, one can only respond with right thought and action."

And then the moral tutorial: "In keeping with this stated principle, and the collective values we live by, Tarun will be stepping down for the period mentioned."

Repeat: "…for the period mentioned."

Are self-proclaimed atonement and recusal for a period that only Tejpal and Chaudhury seem to agree,remedies for outright criminality? Shouldn`t the full force of the law be brought into the investigation and prosecution, more so because the accused is a top journalist?

The Editors Guild of India (EGI), of which Tejpal too is a member, has rightly frowned upon the Tehelka founder`s arrogance."Self-proclaimed atonement and recusal for a period are hardly the remedies for what the allegations show to be outright criminality. The full force of the law must be brought into its investigation and prosecution," EGI stated Thursday. But Chaudhury?

As the public’s anger and disappointment with the media escalates, the new Tehelkaboss has switched herself off fromthe social media. Her twitter stream usually full of sanctimonious wisdom on truth, morality and gender sensitivity is silent.

That’s such a pity!

How we miss tweets such as: “And now, an asthiyatra in Bihar, before Modi`s visit! Leopards don`t change their spots do they. So much for his Hindu-Muslim unity!”

Or, "the shame has shifted from the survivor to the perpetrator.”

And here`s one from Chaudhury`s twitter time line roasting the CBI chief for utter idiocy, but an act certainly less grievous than Tejpal’s:"RanjitSinha should lose his job for his remark on enjoying rape. Is appalling that he can even think of defending such a remark."If Sinha must lose his job for his idiotic remark, what ofTejpal coming back after six months of vacation, Ms Chaudhuri?

Here`s another gem on the timeline: “An autonomous woman is seen as fair game. Either you’re a slut or a goddess. And that misogyny ... is not endemic to India.” Isn’t the new editor accountable to her follows for her smug retweets of: "Lets change the way we raise out sons. Shoma Chaudhury inspires at the ?@WomenInWorld summit. ??#wiw13

Also, truism that she’s fed her follows:"We need to free men to be humans. From the time of birth, they are taught to be brutes. This starts with our sons.”

Finally, let’s not forget Chaudhury’s recent sermon on rape! “Rape. And what Indian men think of it. Tehelka spoke candidly to dozens of men. Makes for both dark and fascinating insight. Do read.”

Sure Shoma, the world waits to see how “dark and fascinating” Tehelka’s next issue will be on your own god father.

(The columnist is CEO & Co-Founder, India Strategy Group, Hammurabi & Solomon Consulting)

Shoma Chaudhury Messes Up Batting for God Father Tejpal

This is pretty awesome. Congressi Mafia has been doing this openly...

Target Goa : Devika Sequeira nails Tarun Tejpal of Tehelka in explosive report in Deccan Herald

Tarun Tejpal's golden words will now be branded into the Goa taxpayer's psyche. "Drink as much as you like, eat... sleep with whoever you can think of... " to loud applause from an audience also, shamefully made up of Goan students and intellectuals. And it was all paid for by you and I, the idiot Goans. They got Rs 50 lakh from the Government of Goa in a mafioso style operation....

Read this article by DEVIKA SEQUEIRA dated November 12 published in the Deccan Herald . The headline read as: "Tehelka arm-twisted Goa government into funding its literary fest - A crusader turns collector"

THE ARTICLE:
After several preliminaries and high-power calls—some of them from Sonia Gandhi’s political adviser Ahmed Patel —''Tehelka'' publisher and chief operating officer Neena Tejpal met Chief Minister Digambar Kamat in Goa weeks ahead of ''Think 2011'', the magazine’s ‘festival of ideas’ that was held here from November 4 to 6.

“She came with a few other people to meet me and asked us to associate with the event. Since prominent people, including central ministers were coming, we agreed to help them,” Kamat told Deccan Herald on Saturday.

He denied there had been pressure from Delhi for him to support the festival, which has been shadowed by a controversy, or that a deal had been struck for “Tehelka” to hold off an expose on illegal mining in Goa. “No, no, that’s not true at all,” he said.

Also present at the meeting with the “Tehelka” representatives were Chief Secretary Sanjay Srivastava, former tourism secretary D C Sahoo, Finance Secretary S Kumaraswamy, Director (tourism) Swapnil Naik and others.

Neena Tejpal, sister of “Tehelka” editor Tarun Tejpal, was business-like and downright arrogant with the Goa chief minister, leaving his aides quite stunned.

“If Tarun was here, he would have asked for Rs 1.5 crore. How much are you willing to give?” she asked Kamat quite bluntly, a government source told Deccan Herald. The source expressed shock at Neena’s tone and tenor, considering she was talking to the chief minister of a state.

An embarrassed Kamat asked his aides to see which departments could be tapped for funding the fest and the chief secretary finally came up with a figure of Rs 50 lakh for the magazine’s event.

“Tehelka”, which prides itself for its investigative and public interest journalism, has been accused by theatre personality Hartman De Souza of burying a report on mining in Goa by its former correspondent Raman Kirpal because of the negotiations with the Goa government on “Thinkfest”. Tejpal has strongly denied the charges.

But a government aide said after the meeting with Neena Tejpal there was a strong buzz in the secretariat that Kamat was keen to oblige the “Tehelka” people because they have some “explosive material” on him

@[bregs] this is nothing but mafia!

Last edited:
This is pretty awesome. Congressi Mafia has been doing this openly...

Target Goa : Devika Sequeira nails Tarun Tejpal of Tehelka in explosive report in Deccan Herald

Tarun Tejpal's golden words will now be branded into the Goa taxpayer's psyche. "Drink as much as you like, eat... sleep with whoever you can think of... " to loud applause from an audience also, shamefully made up of Goan students and intellectuals. And it was all paid for by you and I, the idiot Goans. They got Rs 50 lakh from the Government of Goa in a mafioso style operation....

Read this article by DEVIKA SEQUEIRA dated November 12 published in the Deccan Herald . The headline read as: "Tehelka arm-twisted Goa government into funding its literary fest - A crusader turns collector"

THE ARTICLE:
After several preliminaries and high-power calls—some of them from Sonia Gandhi’s political adviser Ahmed Patel —''Tehelka'' publisher and chief operating officer Neena Tejpal met Chief Minister Digambar Kamat in Goa weeks ahead of ''Think 2011'', the magazine’s ‘festival of ideas’ that was held here from November 4 to 6.

“She came with a few other people to meet me and asked us to associate with the event. Since prominent people, including central ministers were coming, we agreed to help them,” Kamat told Deccan Herald on Saturday.

He denied there had been pressure from Delhi for him to support the festival, which has been shadowed by a controversy, or that a deal had been struck for “Tehelka” to hold off an expose on illegal mining in Goa. “No, no, that’s not true at all,” he said.

Also present at the meeting with the “Tehelka” representatives were Chief Secretary Sanjay Srivastava, former tourism secretary D C Sahoo, Finance Secretary S Kumaraswamy, Director (tourism) Swapnil Naik and others.

Neena Tejpal, sister of “Tehelka” editor Tarun Tejpal, was business-like and downright arrogant with the Goa chief minister, leaving his aides quite stunned.

“If Tarun was here, he would have asked for Rs 1.5 crore. How much are you willing to give?” she asked Kamat quite bluntly, a government source told Deccan Herald. The source expressed shock at Neena’s tone and tenor, considering she was talking to the chief minister of a state.

An embarrassed Kamat asked his aides to see which departments could be tapped for funding the fest and the chief secretary finally came up with a figure of Rs 50 lakh for the magazine’s event.

“Tehelka”, which prides itself for its investigative and public interest journalism, has been accused by theatre personality Hartman De Souza of burying a report on mining in Goa by its former correspondent Raman Kirpal because of the negotiations with the Goa government on “Thinkfest”. Tejpal has strongly denied the charges.

But a government aide said after the meeting with Neena Tejpal there was a strong buzz in the secretariat that Kamat was keen to oblige the “Tehelka” people because they have some “explosive material” on him

Wow... this really nails the arrogance of this pimp media outlet. Every dog has it's day. Now it's tehelka's turn to stand on the dock!

Full text: Resignation letter of woman journalist who accused Tehelka's Tarun Tejpal of sexual assault

Here is the full text of the letter of resignation letter by the woman journalist, who had accused Tehelka editor-in-chief Tarun Tejpal of sexually assaulting her, addressed to the magazine's managing editor, Shoma Chaudhuri:

Ms. Chaudhury,

I am resigning from my position as ****** at Tehelka magazine, with immediate effect, because Tehelka's Editor-in-Chief Tarun Tejpal sexually molested me on two occasions in November this year.

I am deeply traumatised by the lack of support offered by the organisation.

In such circumstances, it is untenable for me to continue to work for this organisation.

At this moment, I would like to present the following facts to support my claim:

1. I was sexually molested by Tarun Tejpal on two occasions, the 7th and 8th of November 2013 at the annual Think festival in Goa this year. In the emails of apology that followed my complaint to you about Mr Tejpal’s grievous sexual misconduct, he admitted to the fact, and apologised unconditionally.

2. I requested, at the very least, for Mr Tejpal to acknowledge this apology publicly to the staff and bureau of Tehelka. While I did not want this acknowledgement to have graphic details, I asked that the words “sexual misconduct” be included. In a phone conversation with me, you asked that he be recused from doing so because he had already admitted to sexual molestation in his emails, and because we needed to “protect the institution”. In this conversation, I said, “I trust you to do the right thing”.

3. In the public acknowledgement sent to the bureau, Mr Tejpal and you referred to his act of sexual violation as “an untoward incident”— this was not an attempt to “protect the institution” but in fact, an attempt to cover up what had really occurred—the act of sexual molestation, an admission of the facts that Mr Tejpal had “attempted sexual liaison” with me (to quote his email) on two occasions despite my “reluctance to receive such attention”. Further, in conversations with my colleagues, you admitted to them that you did not see the need to set up an anti-sexual harassment cell as per the Vishaka guidelines, because you did not contest my version of what had occurred on the nights of 7th and 8th of November.

4. In your appearances on national news channels, you first attempted to establish that I was “satisfied” with Tehelka’s actions, when only one of my immediate demands from the organisation had been met—namely, that Mr Tejpal had unconditionally apologised for sexually molesting me in private emails to you and I. His public acknowledgement of the apology did not include any reference to his grievous sexual misconduct, and you had still failed to set up an anti-sexual harassment cell as per Vishaka guidelines. This could, in no way, have left me “satisfied”. Further, I had responded to both of Mr Tejpal’s emails (cc'd to you and the three colleagues I had confided everything to since the 7th of November) clarifying:

that his behaviour could not be described as “sexual liaison”, and that was in fact an act of sexual molestation and a violation of bodily integrity and trust, since it occurred (by his own admission) despite my refusal.
A sexual act carried out without consent cannot be justified on any basis.
That after Mr Tejpal (by his own admission) had referred to his position of power over me in the organisation, he did not withdraw this statement as his emails allege.

You continued to ignore my rebuttals to these emails, while insisting, in public, that I was satisfied.

5. You are now attempting to establish that Mr Tejpal has “another version” of events (as surely, any sexual predator does), and that the “encounter” may have been consensual or non-consensual. Meanwhile, on the night of the 22nd of November, an immediate member of Mr Tejpal’s family went to my mother’s house to ask her the details of my legal counsel, and what I “wanted” as a result of my complaint about being sexually molested by Mr Tejpal. In emails and text messages sent to his friends, read out on national news channels, Mr Tejpal is now claiming that what occurred was a “fleeting, consensual encounter”; and that he wrote his apologies to me because of your “adamantine feminist principles”.

Over the past years, we have collectively defended the rights of women, written about custodial rape, sexual molestation at the workplace, spoken out harshly against the culture of victim blame and the tactical emotional intimidation and character assassination of those who dare to speak out against sexual violence.

At a time when I find myself victim to such a crime, I am shattered to find the Editor in Chief of Tehelka, and you— in your capacity as Managing Editor— resorting to precisely these tactics of intimidation, character assassination and slander.

Given the sequence of events since the 7th of November, it is not just Mr Tejpal who has failed me as an employer—but Tehelka that has failed women, employees, journalists and feminists collectively.

Please consider my resignation effective immediately.
Full text: Resignation letter of woman journalist who accused Tehelka's Tarun Tejpal of sexual assault - India - DNA

Last edited:
Tehelka's case: Girl's family files intimidation complaint, Tejpal says allegation of sexual assault at BJP's behest

NEW DELHI: Tehelka's founder-editor Tarun Tejpal, who has been accused of sexually assaulting his junior colleague at a hotel in Goa, on Tuesday cried foul before the Delhi high court, alleging that he has been implicated at the behest of BJP which is biased against him.

In his anticipatory bail plea, Tejpal said he had exposed corruption in defence deals in 2001 due to which BJP's then president Bangaru Laxmanas well as then defence minister had to resign and he and Tehelka have been targeted due to this.

"The bias of BJP against the applicant (Tejpal) is a well-known fact and has earlier been nastily manifested in a manner in which Tehelka was targeted post its expose on corrupt defence deals in 2001 and was forced to shut down operations for over three years as well as many of its employees being implicated in false criminal cases," he said in his plea.

"The mannerism and the scale in which BJP has unleashed the wrath of its vengeance upon the applicant in grab of the present FIR is synonymous to the previous attempts of the BJP to malign and target the applicant and the same is apparent by the statements issued by various party leaders including the present chief minister of Goa," the plea filed before Justice Sunita Gupta said.

The court, however, refused to grant interim protection against arrest to him and asked the counsel for Goa Police to file its reply, if any, and fixed the hearing for Wednesday.

Tejpal, in his bail plea, also said that he had conducted various sting operations against "prominent members" of the political executive of BJP and had openly exposed "various illegal/criminal acts committed by them".

"It is pertinent to note that applicant (Tejpal) exposed then president of BJP (Bangaru Laxman) in 2001 for committing corruption in defence deals as a result of which the party president as well as the then defence minister of then Union government had to resign," he said.

"Furthermore, the applicant was also instrumental in exposing the role of prominent party leaders and the manner in which BJP was attempting to buy over crucial eyewitnesses and scuttle fair investigation in the Gujarat riots case," the plea said.

He also claimed that the investigating agency is turning "a blind eye" to please its political masters and are not conducting the probe in a fair manner.

"The examination of the CCTV footage of Hotel Hyatt, Goa for November 7 and 8, 2013 will not only unveil the concoction but will also establish the innocence of applicant (Tejpal).

"The factum contained in the aforementioned CCTV footage is well within the knowledge of the present investigating agency, however, the investigating agency, in its endevaor to please its political masters is turning a blind eye to it in abrogation of its primary duty, i.e. to conduct a fair investigation and reveal the truth," the plea said.

Girl's family files intimidation complaint

The family of the young journalist, who has accused Tarun Tejpal of sexual assault, on Tuesday filed a complaint to the Delhi Police about intimidation. In its complaint, the girl's mother claimed that Tarun Tejpal's daughter had approached them, NDTV reported on Tuesday.

Goa Police issues immigration checkpost alert against Tejpal

Goa Police on Tuesday issued an "immigration checkpost alert" against Tehelka editor Tarun Tejpal, accused of sexually assaulting his junior colleague, so that he cannot leave the country even as it recorded the victim's statement.

The immigration alert at airports and ports was issued within minutes after the journalist deposed before the Goa crime branch team investigating the case in Mumbai this afternoon in connection with the alleged sexual assault on November 7 and 8 at a hotel in Goa.

"The immigration checkpost alert has been issued to all ports as a precautionary measure so that the accused in this case does not leave the country. The alert is issued to avoid the circumstances in which the accused might try to leave the country," DIG O P Mishra told reporters in Panaji.

The investigating officer in the case "is talking to the victim and she is fully cooperating with us," he said but declined to give details.

Ruling out any political interference in the investigation, the DIG said, "We are professionals and we act as per professional norms".

(With inputs from PTI)

Tehelka's case: Girl's family files intimidation complaint, Tejpal says allegation of sexual assault at BJP's behest - The Times of India

And the Congressis made this rapist scum a member on the Prasar Bharti board :hitwall:

Vice President Hamid Ansari has recommended that Tehelka founder Tarun Tejpal's name must be withdrawn from a board constituted to look into issues concerning Prasar Bharati.

Tejpal was selected as a member of the Prasar Bharati board on Tuesday by a committee headed by Vice President Hamid Ansari, sources said.

However, soon after Tejpal's alleged sexual assault on a colleague came to light last night, Ansari immediately asked the Information and Broadcasting Ministry to cancel it, the sources added.

The Prasar Bharati Board comprises a Chairman, an Executive Member (Chief Executive Officer), a Member (Finance), a Member (Personnel), six Part-time Members, a representative of the Ministry of Information & Broadcasting and the Directors General of All India Radio and Doordarshan as Ex-officio Members.

The Chairman is a part-time member with a six-year tenure.

Read more at: Hamid Ansari withdraws Tarun Tejpal's name from Prasar Bharati board : North, News - India Today

Has anyone read the full text of Tejpal's bail plea? He is blaming BJP for all this because he is a critic of right-wing majoritarian politics and an active campaigner against any attempts to tarnish secular fabric of the country.

Read more at: http://www.firstpost.com/india/full...bantering-1250453.html?utm_source=ref_article

So now one can molest a girl and can hide been a Secular garb !!!!

Why only molest a girl ? By wearing a secular garb you can loot, rape, molest, kill, lie and cheat too. Congress only leads the way, the secular gang has learnt its lessons well.

Has anyone read the full text of Tejpal's bail plea? He is blaming BJP for all this because he is a critic of right-wing majoritarian politics and an active campaigner against any attempts to tarnish secular fabric of the country.

Read more at: http://www.firstpost.com/india/full...bantering-1250453.html?utm_source=ref_article

So now one can molest a girl and can hide been a Secular garb !!!!

:lol: What a joke. High court would dare not accept his bail plea, given the environment in India post Delhi case.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom