What's new

Tarun Tejpal steps down as Tehelka's Editor for six months over sexual assault

Marxist

Reaction score
Country
India
New Delhi: Tarun Tejpal has recused himself for six months as the Editor-in-Chief of Tehelka, after being accused of sexual assault by a woman journalist in the magazine.

A person close to the journalist spoke to NDTV and said it was an act of "grave sexual misconduct."

"It happened not once, but twice and the girl is completely shattered and emotionally scarred. She continues to put forward her plea that Tehelka should set up a committee to look into sexual harassment cases according to Visakha guidelines," she said.

In an e-mail sent to the weekly magazine's Managing Editor, Shoma Chaudhury, Mr Tejpal wrote: "A bad lapse of judgment, an awful misreading of the situation, have led to an unfortunate incident that rails against all we believe in and fight for. I have already unconditionally apologised for my misconduct to the concerned journalist, but I feel impelled to atone further."

He added, "I feel atonement cannot be just words. I must do the penance that lacerates me. I am therefore offering to recuse myself from the editorship of Tehelka, and from the Tehelka office, for the next six months."

Forwarding Mr Tejpal's mail to Tehelka's employees this evening, Ms Chaudhury wrote: "There has been an untoward incident, and though he has extended an unconditional apology to the colleague involved, Tarun will be recusing himself as the editor of Tehelka for the next six months."

In statement to NDTV Ms Chaudhury said, "This is an internal matter. The journalist concerned is satisfied with the action taken. Tarun Tejpal's recusing himself is in keeping with the principles of right response and standards that we want to live by."

A person close to the journalist spoke to NDTV said it was an act of "grave sexual misconduct."

"The word 'satisfied' is not really the right word to use," the journalist's confidante told NDTV.

Tarun Tejpal steps down as Tehelka's Editor for six months over alleged sexual assault | NDTV.com

6 months voluntary leave for sexual misconduct.. very convenient ,

It is all related to elections, BJP is going full guns blazing and they are not leaving no stone unturned.

no but they assure the girl of protetcion if tarun tries to blackmail her.

New Delhi: Tarun Tejpal has recused himself for six months as the Editor-in-Chief of Tehelka, after being accused of sexual assault by a woman journalist in the magazine.

A person close to the journalist spoke to NDTV and said it was an act of "grave sexual misconduct."

"It happened not once, but twice and the girl is completely shattered and emotionally scarred. She continues to put forward her plea that Tehelka should set up a committee to look into sexual harassment cases according to Visakha guidelines," she said.

In an e-mail sent to the weekly magazine's Managing Editor, Shoma Chaudhury, Mr Tejpal wrote: "A bad lapse of judgment, an awful misreading of the situation, have led to an unfortunate incident that rails against all we believe in and fight for. I have already unconditionally apologised for my misconduct to the concerned journalist, but I feel impelled to atone further."

He added, "I feel atonement cannot be just words. I must do the penance that lacerates me. I am therefore offering to recuse myself from the editorship of Tehelka, and from the Tehelka office, for the next six months."

Forwarding Mr Tejpal's mail to Tehelka's employees this evening, Ms Chaudhury wrote: "There has been an untoward incident, and though he has extended an unconditional apology to the colleague involved, Tarun will be recusing himself as the editor of Tehelka for the next six months."

In statement to NDTV Ms Chaudhury said, "This is an internal matter. The journalist concerned is satisfied with the action taken. Tarun Tejpal's recusing himself is in keeping with the principles of right response and standards that we want to live by."

A person close to the journalist spoke to NDTV said it was an act of "grave sexual misconduct."

"The word 'satisfied' is not really the right word to use," the journalist's confidante told NDTV.

Tarun Tejpal steps down as Tehelka's Editor for six months over alleged sexual assault | NDTV.com

6 months voluntary leave for sexual misconduct.. very convenient ,
just six months WTF where is all the womens rights lobby and the champions of freedom and all that

this choty wala i know very well he even passed lewed remarks to a hostess in hotel ...salaa tharki

just six months WTF where is all the womens rights lobby and the champions of freedom and all that

this choty wala i know very well he even passed lewed remarks to a hostess in hotel ...salaa tharki

This cunning fellow on payment roll of a particular party used sting operation for one lakh rupees while the party on whose pay roll he was busy in pocketing thousand crores of rupees thought his tail now become sufficiently thick!!

This cunning fellow on payment roll of a particular party used sting operation for one lakh rupees while the party on whose pay roll he was busy in pocketing thousand crores of rupees thought his tail now become sufficiently thick!!
well i know this bugger since very long ago he is just a pimp of congress i dont want to open my mouth

One more down.:coffee:

And my whatsapp was buzzing with jokes on Tarun Tejpal

well i know this bugger since very long ago he is just a pimp of congress i dont want to open my mouth

open karlo yaar......

Saara Taala khul raha hai Congress ka .... Ek kai baad ek .. nonstop

well let me help you the biggest ever pimp congress has ever owned is NDTV to start it , further they even own cnn-ibn .

NDTV , cnn-ibn , tehlka etc etc are all part of the shezada pimp club. I sincerely hope this rapist congressi dog is put in jail.

Shoe is on the other foot now. Normally Shoma Choudhary is quick to put her penny's worth in any sensational news that comes in. It's so funny how she dismisses this crime as an internal matter. A media organisation which claims to lift the cover on so many issues are trying to cover up this issue desperately... an irony of sorts!

What Goes around also comes around with interest after 12 years!! @SarthakGanguly @HariPrasad @Guynextdoor2 @IndoCarib @DRAY @GURU DUTT

And this arrogant scoundrel is acting like as if an "apology" is good enough for sexual assault on his subordinate, and his "going on a (paid?) holiday for 6 months" is some kind of "sacrifice". He deserves a nice jail term, I heard that inmates give "special treatment" to sexual assaulters.

Twitter screwed this guy :D
The champions of of the downtrodden class were going to brush it under the carpet.All these jholawalas didn't get get laid during their college days,so they are trying to play catch up .

Tarun Tejpal stepped down, it's more than the woman journalist asked for: Tehelka
Tehelka news-magazine today was lashed by scorching criticism of its treatment of a complaint of sexual assault against editor-in-chief Tarun Tejpal.

By the evening, Managing Editor Shoma Chaudhury said a committee has been set up to investigate the allegation of a woman journalist that she was sexually assaulted on two consecutive days by Mr Tejpal at an event in Goa earlier this month. The committee will be headed by noted women's rights activist Urvashi Butalia.

Earlier today, Ms Chaudhury said, "He (Tejpal) stepped down. It was not something she'd asked for. It was over and above that."

By recusing himself from his post this guy has tried to present himself as a person setting standards.

How pathetic, that woman shoma chowdury can't make eye to eye contact, her body language says it all. Someday NDTV will be *** fkd too.

Back
Top Bottom