What's new

Talks for Su-35, Mi-35 sales to Pakistan are underway: Russian Deputy FM

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure the Indians will be delighted if you acquire 275 thunders.

THATS A LOT OF CASH AND RESOURCES IN ONE DIRECTION

LESS MONEY for F16 or J31 or SU35 or J10B

AWESOME@! So some stupid fella trolled a defence page with lame stories and you guys instead of ignoring him or shutting him down, decided to take it forward. but mahabarat k mention pe u decided to pull the guy up?? Selective reasoning it seems... and even this conversation has gone off the topic so i wouldn't pursue it further.. just wanted to bring this to everyones attention..
otherwise , i agree with you.. lets stick to the tread!!

And for the "Beast Su35".. its still an unofficial word of mouth.. dont get too excited soo quick... chances are that you wont even be made this in reality... and if made.. ur economy wont be able to afford it.. realistically.
When your hot shots trolls , tried their rock & roll then here on PDF ,they have me , a super Pakistani troll to entertain & ambush them , I have done a hard work on them ?
None of them , seems to come back ?lol
Unofficial word of mouth ? Russian deputy FM? Lol
Here we go again , you are out of senses denying the hard fact ?
Just because , its Pakistan getting the best of the Russian fighter jets ?
& that's a epic , & true Indian spirit ?

right.. soo says the guy who has Arnold Schwarzenegger with a backdrop of the American flag.. :haha:

and the caps was cz i had to write a paper, which had to read by my professors.. they prefer all caps... but myopics like u choose to see the "ALL CAPS" and not READ what the content was.. this has always been Pakistan's drawback.. makes me wonder why?!o_O
On the topic ?
Or will be reported ?

I'm sure the Indians will be delighted if you acquire 275 thunders.

THATS A LOT OF CASH AND RESOURCES IN ONE DIRECTION

LESS MONEY for F16 or J31 or SU35 or J10B
The source is not trustable total of 150 jf-17s ,50 Block-I, 50 Block-II and 50 Block-III ... as announced till now. It has not been announced how many more will be produced or ordered.

The source is not trustable total of 150 jf-17s ,50 Block-I, 50 Block-II and 50 Block-III ... as announced till now. It has not been announced how many more will be produced or ordered.
It doesn't matters how many threads been shot into the PDF against the SU-35 induction into PAF , it is about to happen cause the future is in Chinese hands who are changing the worlds maps ?
Created by colonial powers of 1800s?
& for them Pakistan & its defence is equally important , listening the Indian govts biases daily threats in official & unofficial statements has angered the golden dragon , & he is about to set the records straight by sending SU-35 as its covert gift to Pakistan .
Russia also is important ,China partner who wants to establish itself in the middle east .
So for China ,Pakistan ,Russia they have common goals & for that they are ready to do anything ?

By Bilal Khan

Su-35 to Pakistan? Probably Not.
By Bilal Khan

As with the Yak-130 story, there are reports floating around claiming that Pakistan may be interested in the Sukhoi Su-35, Russia’s current 4+/4.5 generation fighter. The short of my point is that it is very unlikely that Pakistan will pick up the Su-35. At the same time however, the Pakistan Air Force (PAF) not acquiring the Su-35 does not necessarily mean that Pakistan will not acquire other high-value systems from Russia. Yes, Russian-Pakistani defence relations are at an all-time high, especially with Moscow’s willingness to sell Pakistan RD-93 turbofans and Mi-35 assault helicopters, but it is important to manage expectations.

It is no secret that Pakistan’s purchase of the Mi-35 was seen as a major milestone for Pakistani-Russian commercial defence ties, especially since the Mi-35 (despite the Pakistan Army’s requirement for using it as part of its counter-insurgency efforts) is at heart an ‘offensive’ system. Perhaps more significant was Russia’s willingness to sell the RD-93 turbofan, which powers the JF-17, an increasingly vital pillar of Pakistan’s defensive and offensive strategies against external powers. There really is no room for Russia to claim that its arms-transfers to Pakistan are innocuous to India. Thus, if the PAF was genuinely interested and able to purchase it, then I am sure the Russians would sell the Su-35 to the PAF.

But herein lies the problem, the PAF is not interested in the Su-35. Yes, there have been some thoughtful calls on the part of many enthusiasts and even experts for the PAF (or even Pakistan Navy!) to buy the Su-35, or at least some kind of Flanker (e.g. the Chinese J-11B/D). The rationale stems in part from the fact that the Su-35 is a formidable long-range fighter with considerable payload. For long-range strike and maritime patrol operations, a fighter of the Flanker’s nature would, without doubt, be a valuable asset. Even the Indian Air Force’s Su-30MKI presents a real and serious problem for the PAF, and even with the advances coming up with JF-17 and the induction of the Block-52+/MLU, the Flanker is a major challenge.

At the same time however, the Su-35 has its drawbacks, and those drawbacks will be of particular concern to the PAF. The Flanker-series has shown itself to be a maintenance challenge, and even on a good day, a fighter as large and powerful as the Su-35 would require considerable resources in servicing and flight. As far as the PAF is concerned, the Su-35 would be a mismatch that could end up costing the PAF more than actually benefitting it. Do not construe this point for suggesting that the PAF does not need fighters with additional range and payload (compared to the JF-17), it does, but this fighter needs to be feasible enough to operate. What would be the point of possessing such a high-value asset if it cannot be flown regularly enough due to mounting maintenance and operational costs? And let us assume the PAF can regularly fly Su-35s, what about the opportunity costs of spending that extra money?

As far as I am concerned, talk about the PAF looking into the Su-35 is a non-starter. In fact, at this stage anyways, the PAF is probably looking into the Shenyang J-31 as the nucleus of a possible long-range flight element. In essence, the J-31 probably sit in the comfortable middle between the Su-35 and JF-17 in terms of improving upon the latter’s range and payload, but avoiding the former’s maintenance overhead. Yes, this is not happening any time soon, but let us be frank, the PAF is not in a position to immediately induct such platforms anyways. Pakistan’s general economic woes and internal inefficiencies aside, the country spent nearly $2 billion U.S on its recent campaign in Waziristan. It is difficult to expect to see the induction of an entirely new fighter type this soon.

With all that said, there is still significant room for growth in Pakistan’s relations with Russia. While the PAF is unlikely to acquire the Su-35 or Yak-130, there might be a chance to see it pursue Russian surface-to-air (SAM) missiles such as the S-300. The PAF has had a longstanding requirement for long-range SAMs and has made some attempts over the past decade or so to acquire this capability. If there were a chance for a truly landmark deal between Russia and Pakistan, then the S-300 would be it, though there is nothing at this stage to suggest that this is happening, unfortunately. Besides that, we can comfortably expect additional Mi-35, Mi-171 and perhaps even RD-93MA for use on the JF-17.

Su-35 to Pakistan? Probably Not.
Here we go another ,paid journalists trying His Google giggles to prove that Pakistan is not & must not get SU35 ?
Thus dam article looks like a joke , stupid don't know what China is about to do in Pakistan as economic corridor thing is in progress ?
With the same stupid thinking one can ask who will be paying he whole cash for the project ?obviously China ?
To protect it from Pakistan China common enemy INDIA , its just nothing to pay for 100 SU-35s & their mentainece which , China has a lot as it is handling FLANKERS quite a long time , will not any MISSION IMPOSIBLE ?
so those who are having night mares from SU-35 in PAF are the ones behind these kind of idiotic paid media shots ?

It doesn't matters how many threads been shot into the PDF against the SU-35 induction into PAF , it is about to happen cause the future is in Chinese hands who are changing the worlds maps ?
& for them Pakistan & its defence is equally important , listening the Indian govts biases daily threats in official & unofficial statements has angered the golden dragon , & he is about to set the records straight by sending SU-35 as its covert gift to Pakistan .
Russia also is important ,China partner who wants to establish itself in the middle east .
So for China ,Pakistan ,Russia they have common goals & for that they are ready to do anything ?
agree with you but Russia will have to decide because india is creating pressure on Russia on aircraft sale
Coming soon: Russian Su-35s to Pakistan and American F-35s to India? | Asia Times

a part from the j31 is is almost guaranteed to be inducted in the future and the possibly j10, what else is there for you guys? i was thinking the eft but thats way to expensive. any thoughts?

I am more interested in EJ-2XX and other sub-systems from EFT :agree: as its made by consortium so I believe it may be relatively easy to acquire sub-systems from respective countries which may help improving our platforms which we are building with the help of China.

I am more interested in EJ-2XX and other sub-systems from EFT :agree: as its made by consortium so I believe it may be relatively easy to acquire sub-systems from respective countries which may help improving our platforms which we are building with the help of China.
you mean the ej-200 stage 2 ? it is a groups of companies that work to build the engine. this makes it difficult to obtain the engine as all of the countries involved would need to approve the export of the engine. the ej-200 s2 is a good option not only for the j-31 but also the jf-17. i understand if saudi arabia were to induct the jf-17 (unlikely) then they will choose the ej200 as the engine. as it is the same engine as the eft's which they too have.

Mod Edit: Any more personal attacks and I will ban you, stick to the topic.

When your hot shots trolls , tried their rock & roll then here on PDF ,they have me , a super Pakistani troll to entertain & ambush them , I have done a hard work on them ?
None of them , seems to come back ?lol
Unofficial word of mouth ? Russian deputy FM? Lol
Here we go again , you are out of senses denying the hard fact ?
Just because , its Pakistan getting the best of the Russian fighter jets ?
& that's a epic , & true Indian spirit ?

On the topic ?
Or will be reported ?

Simple fact : where is the money to buy the jets????
the budget allocation for your air force is just over 6 billion USD for the year 2015-2016. Even Two batches of 15 Su35 each will cost u a total of about 2 Billion USD... (WITHOUT weapons, training, maintenance, logistics etc) (unit price of 1 Su35 is 65million) . Even if u get a modest credit line and spread the finance for 5-7 years, U will hold up about 10% of your TOTAL BUDGETED CAPITAL OUTLAY.. every year for the next 5-7 YEARS.

And this is not to mention that PAF has ambitious plans to Modernise its F-16 fleet, Upgrade the JF 17, induct AWACs, build & develop more Drones, Replace old 3rd generation fleet of more than 200 fighters, Upgrade Bases and Radar Installations. . and then of course also pay the salaries to all personnel, ground maintenance, pilots, etc, etc..
So My dearest fella , where is the Money....??????

Last edited by a moderator:
Do humanity a Favour and - :suicide:

right.. soo says the guy who has Arnold Schwarzenegger with a backdrop of the American flag.. :haha:

and the caps was cz i had to write a paper, which had to read by my professors.. they prefer all caps... but myopics like u choose to see the "ALL CAPS" and not READ what the content was.. this has always been Pakistan's drawback.. makes me wonder why?!o_O

Cool story, Now please explain how these two responses of yours do anything for the topic at hand ... Infact what you were posting was quite beyond logic ... I found that post especially quite impressive the "scenario 2" of yours in which India wipes Pakistan off the map using nukes after Pakistan initiates a conflict through something like 26/11 ..

The irony of the situation being, Pakistan, according to your own Indian claims has done that twice in the last decade alone ... (26/11 & parliment attacks) and yet your here yapping about how your gonna do this and that ... but when push comes to shove you suddenly lose your nerve ... your politicians come up and say that we're going to make an example out of this yada yada yada ... and yet the result is the same ... still awaiting those surgical strikes ...

Coming to the topic -- please do enlighten us on which Pakistani source claimed the SU-35 talks .. ?? --- After the MMRCA selection ended with Rafale being shortlisted, there were talks from the RUSSIAN side about the consideration of selling us the Mig-35 ... Just a month ago it was Ilya Kranik, a RUSSIAN expert who declared that PAF was considered amongst the potential customers for SU-35 ... and now it is again the RUSSIAN FM who is talking about the SU-35 for PAF ..

So as far as we're concerned we haven't even officially given an input on the rumors ... the only close thing was Kaiser Tufail explaining the NEED for a heavy platform ... so instead of going on with the "hahaha ... dream on" posts that you were posting yesterday or the personal insults your spewing now ... which BTW i have reported you for ... be a little more productive and try to contribute positively to the forum ...

Last edited:
we're not getting SU 35. Hope Indians will now sleep well

Here we go another ,paid journalists trying His Google giggles to prove that Pakistan is not & must not get SU35 ?
Thus dam article looks like a joke , stupid don't know what China is about to do in Pakistan as economic corridor thing is in progress ?
With the same stupid thinking one can ask who will be paying he whole cash for the project ?obviously China ?
To protect it from Pakistan China common enemy INDIA , its just nothing to pay for 100 SU-35s & their mentainece which , China has a lot as it is handling FLANKERS quite a long time , will not any MISSION IMPOSIBLE ?
so those who are having night mares from SU-35 in PAF are the ones behind these kind of idiotic paid media shots ?
I wrote the article. Before calling the article a joke, try addressing the reality that there hasn't even been one verifiable statement proving that talks are taking place. All we have is a Russian official's alleged statement being conveyed to us by just one media source, one. Nothing else. Not only that, but from past precedent (of PAF acquisitions), we know that whenever the PAF is indeed in talks over something, it actually announces it, even in the early stages. All this stuff about China's experience maintaining Flankers and CPEC helping to fund it (when in reality it is a series of investments in economic projects and infrastructure, not military assistance) is irrelevant and worse than speculation. Honest speculation and analyses are great, it lets us broaden our horizons and consider many possibilities, but don't be dishonest and suggest your hypothetical viewpoint is in any way true. You're doing a disservice to all the people who truly do want to see the Su-35 in PAF colours.

If talks are taking place or if PAF is actually interested, then prove it. Until then, speculate away, but refrain from calling myself or others stupid for maintaining views that are in disagreement with yours. You're free to live in your fantasy, just don't interfere with everyone else's reality. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom