What's new

Talks for Su-35, Mi-35 sales to Pakistan are underway: Russian Deputy FM

Status
Not open for further replies.
How China Plans to Use the Su-35 | The Diplomat

This article provide good insights into utility of SU35s for China which I think will also become relevant to the Arabian Sea in due course of time. After completion of the CEPC, Arabian Sea will become the second most important sea to the Chinese after the South China sea and hence Gwadar and CEPC will require different layers of defence including sub-surface (6 new subs), surface (6 new MSA patrol ships plus new orders for larger ships expected) and finally long-range airborne assets. Among other, one of the challenges with SU35 and similar aircrafts for PAF is that they cannot leverage existing PAF infrastructure i.e. they will not fit in our existing HAS etc. So complete new infrastructure will be needed. Pakistan has started constructed of two new bases in the South one in Turbat and other just south of Hyderabad. It is possible to customize infrastructure at these bases for larger aircrafts such as the SU35. I would also not be surprised if PAF's interest is linked to recent Chinese purchase of SU35s or maybe even if the interest is based on an understanding reached with the Chinese. Chinese operating the aircraft is a hedge against the risk of sanctions and secondly having infrastructure in place for a common aircraft will allow PLAAF to bring in its own assets to PAF bases, if needed in times of a crisis. Right now, PAF and PLAAF do not have common first line fighter aircraft. Same goes for support bases for Chinese subs and ships. So in my opinion there might be more to the SU35 news than meets the eye and the news should not be summarily rejected.
Such a Brotherhood from the all weather friend China to have the a common front line Fighter Plane heck they didn't supplied PL-12 BVR instead of SD-10, PL-9C instead of inferior PL-5E with the JF-17 Package. Chinese love for SU-35s is due to its AESA RADAR IBRIS-E and the Superior Engine Technology because he failed to make those despite running two 5th Gen Fighter Jet program, as these high end tech is locked deep inside Russian Teritory rather than other CIS state like Ukraine and China is unable to get her hands on the IPR and Blueprint of them which she fully exploited to fill its industrial and r&d gap by pouring its freely available money.

As far as the Gadawar is concerned since its a deep water port and its not useful for the naval base and China using the CPEC running across the Earthquake zone for importing oil from middle east, is increasing the import from Russia.

Off-topic rubbish, silly one liners and other talk will be deleted. If you persist then more direct action will be taken against you.

Ok agreed, then why every pakistani's can make free speech calling every thread of indian prime minister as 'terro**t'.
Is this ok in this forum rule calling the same by us about pakistan pm, even though we never do that.Some times we are forced to go off topic by others.

Ok agreed, then why every pakistani's can make free speech calling every thread of indian prime minister as 'terro**t'.
Is this ok in this forum rule calling the same by us about pakistan pm, even though we never do that.Some times we are forced to go off topic by others.

It applies to all. Take a look, several Pakistani posts were deleted.

I don't see the sense in going for SU-35. Even if we ignore the costs, the logistical requirements will be too much.
Look, let's be honest, I think if PAF sits in denial any longer based on this worn-out logic then it will have a mammoth task fighting back the Su-30MKIs, Mig-29s and Rafales. This Su-35 is just the right platform to carry and fire an effective salvo of potent Russian BVRs and all-aspect SRAAMs, something which the West will not provide without a serious nose-bleed (i.e. costly) or strings attached. Mind you it would be interesting to find out what strings the Russians will attach, if any.

It applies to all. Take a look, several Pakistani posts were deleted.

Good.I am not referring to this thread but many thread, lot of pakistani's(not all) labelling our pm as a terr***s.This is not good and once moderators take strict action, they will not continue.I have seen many post by them free to abuse some one's religion which is not good and please try to take strict actions.

What do you PDF Indians like to say? Call a spade a spade, amirite?

Zulam hai Zulam bhai jan . bachay nay subha say kuch nahi kiya bas aes NEWS ko parh kay khush ho raha hai aur Zalim Pakistaniyo ko masoom ki lhushi raas nahi arahi :/
LOL before you jump up and down with excitement EinStein, our jf17 is powered by Russian engines. Which at the time, if I remember correctly was also denied by the Russians to please the Indians. :smitten:

Hey
what happened to that's 126 Rafale deal:haha:

But still we will need 4 and 4.5 gen jets..... I don't think that PAF will but 100's of 5th Generation jets...

like i always say...

150 JF-17 are taking place of F-7's
which jet is gonna take place of 75 Mirages? (for a moment let me suppose 5th gen jet will take it's place) then
what about that time when our F-16's will be old which is about 7-10 years from now what plane will take F-16's plane...??

and sooner or Later we will need a Naval wing at least some jets to Counter India's naval fleet (MiG-29, Jaguar, Naval version of Tejas)
The F-16s are going to be fine for at least the next 20 years, the mirages will be replaced by newer JF-17 blocks, and PAF doesn't need 100 new 5th gen, it only needs 30-50 (PAF is a defensive force, it doesn't need offensive capability).

Such a Brotherhood from the all weather friend China to have the a common front line Fighter Plane heck they didn't supplied PL-12 BVR instead of SD-10, PL-9C instead of inferior PL-5E with the JF-17 Package. Chinese love for SU-35s is due to its AESA RADAR IBRIS-E and the Superior Engine Technology because he failed to make those despite running two 5th Gen Fighter Jet program, as these high end tech is locked deep inside Russian Teritory rather than other CIS state like Ukraine and China is unable to get her hands on the IPR and Blueprint of them which she fully exploited to fill its industrial and r&d gap by pouring its freely available money.

As far as the Gadawar is concerned since its a deep water port and its not useful for the naval base and China using the CPEC running across the Earthquake zone for importing oil from middle east, is increasing the import from Russia.

Totally childish and emotional logic. We get what serves our needs. It does have to be the best. It has to be reliable and cost effective. Also do some research before you write. PL12 is just another designation for SD10. PL5E is very close to AIM9 M, which we also have, and is a very effective missile. It almost half the weight of PL8/9 and more suitable for smaller jets like JF 17.
Unlike India our military procurement works despite less resources and we get more bang for the buck. You guys go for the mother of all deals and fail miserably for example MRMCA or T 50. Gwader and CEPC is not about oil, it's about dominating and check mating India in the Indian Ocean. By the time you realize that it will be too late. Trade is just secondary.

Last edited:
The F-16s are going to be fine for at least the next 20 years, the mirages will be replaced by newer JF-17 blocks, and PAF doesn't need 100 new 5th gen, it only needs 30-50 (PAF is a defensive force, it doesn't need offensive capability).
Economy, Economy and Economy. Its the only thing which can help our defence, not a squadron of 6th generation stealth fighters on loans or nuclear bombs/triads. We need to save up, invest on people's future and then these people will give you the technological revolution we have long been seeking. F16s are enough for terrorists and so are our JF-17s and i don't think we should haste our decision based on the fact that India is getting hands on Rafales. India is a big country. It needs to balance china in the region. Engaging war with them will be a suicidal just as any country engaging war with Russia or USA.

When the deal is expected to be finalized? Any possibility of deal of another 32+ F-16 block52s?

A pakistani calling India a failed state lol. Economy of failed Pakistan is somewhere equal to our one state Mumbai. Is the reason why people from a developed country like pakistan are running for refugee status in west ?
by this defination Our One City Karachi is 70% of you whole Super State Mumbai...
now get a life u improve ur economy in just last 15 years rest of the years from independence, its Pakistan that enjoy it and soon it will again...........
After Watching you indian the famous words suit your kind comes in my mind
' No Dolatiye'

Reactions: HRK
Rafale deal might have to be cancelled, Russians are not happy with the French after what the French did to them in the Mistral deal. Time for India to prove what a loyal ally it is. :P

by this defination Our One City Karachi is 70% of you whole Super State Mumbai...
now get a life u improve ur economy in just last 15 years rest of the years from independence, its Pakistan that enjoy it and soon it will again...........
After Watching you indian the famous words suit your kind comes in my mind
' No Dolatiye'
There is another word that comes to mind as well "bayghairat"

Reactions: HRK
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom