What's new

Talks for Su-35, Mi-35 sales to Pakistan are underway: Russian Deputy FM

Status
Not open for further replies.
India have invested 5 Billion $ in pak FA or T-50 project and Su-35 is almost 5th gen jet like su-35 technology is of 5th generation but not stealth that's why its 4++ gen jet.
and india now wants technology transfer of pak fa but Russia is not ready but Russia is going to create HAL AMCA 5th gen jet for india in india.

$5 Billon investment in Pak FA, my foot. Totally incorrect information. BTW Russian are not even allowing them to test fly the plane.

$5 Billon investment in Pak FA, my foot. Totally incorrect information. BTW Russian are not even allowing them to test fly the plane.
That cash is just to look or draw plane,s pic on the paper ? Lolzz

I was merely amusing myself. I apologize if it got out annoying.

Again, I was replying out of entertainment, but apologize none the less.
Lolzzz

Is Russia Offering China, Pakistan A Su-35 Aircraft Package Deal?

Sukhoi_Su-35S_in_2009.jpg

Sukhoi Su-35 Fighter Aircraft

Russia may be working out a deal to sell Su-35 aircraft simultaneously to Pakistan and China, making it the biggest order of the most advanced in-production fighter in Russia.

While Pakistani officials admitted to an international journal last week that they are considering buying SU-35, confirming earlier reports emanating from Russia, China is already in talks to buy 24 Su-35 aircraft from Russia.

A Russian source told Defenseworld.net, given that Russian weapon sales to Pakistan was a sensitive issue with its traditional partner, India, a way would have to found in which it would not appear that Russia was selling aircraft which are more advanced than the Su-30MKI with India.

One of the ways being considered was that the aircraft would be sold to China in stock form and then transferred to Pakistan after necessary modifications as per Islamabad's requirements. The source clarified that it was too early to speculate on the nature of the transaction and a lot depended on decisions taken at the political level. However, it was for sure that Moscow would not do anything that would disturb its relationship with New Delhi, the source added.

The Su-35 comes with NIIP Irbis-E passive electronically scanned array radar and the 117S engine which are more advanced than the radar and engine on board the Su-30MKI with India.

Another reason for Russia to sell to Pakistan, either directly or through China is the fear that the latter copies Russian platform and components and sells to foreign customers, the foremost among them is Pakistan.

View attachment 260659

Sukhoi Su-35 Fighter Aircraft

Russia may be working out a deal to sell Su-35 aircraft simultaneously to Pakistan and China, making it the biggest order of the most advanced in-production fighter in Russia.

While Pakistani officials admitted to an international journal last week that they are considering buying SU-35, confirming earlier reports emanating from Russia, China is already in talks to buy 24 Su-35 aircraft from Russia.

A Russian source told Defenseworld.net, given that Russian weapon sales to Pakistan was a sensitive issue with its traditional partner, India, a way would have to found in which it would not appear that Russia was selling aircraft which are more advanced than the Su-30MKI with India.

One of the ways being considered was that the aircraft would be sold to China in stock form and then transferred to Pakistan after necessary modifications as per Islamabad's requirements. The source clarified that it was too early to speculate on the nature of the transaction and a lot depended on decisions taken at the political level. However, it was for sure that Moscow would not do anything that would disturb its relationship with New Delhi, the source added.

The Su-35 comes with NIIP Irbis-E passive electronically scanned array radar and the 117S engine which are more advanced than the radar and engine on board the Su-30MKI with India.

Another reason for Russia to sell to Pakistan, either directly or through China is the fear that the latter copies Russian platform and components and sells to foreign customers, the foremost among them is Pakistan.

Interesting article, do you have the link?

there you go pal,:enjoy:

if you read the 3rd paragraph it would give you the source.
What if the Package deal comes out to be a superior aircraft then the one Russian Airforce is operating?

If you read the F-16 block 52 thread you would find that PAF also modified the F-16's to their specific requirements hence when flown by test pilots the US found that these were superior to the ones operated by US Airforce. Still these were not as advance as to the Block 60's.

What if the Package deal comes out to be a superior aircraft then the one Russian Airforce is operating?

If you read the F-16 block 52 thread you would find that PAF also modified the F-16's to their specific requirements hence when flown by test pilots the US found that these were superior to the ones operated by US Airforce. Still these were not as advance as to the Block 60's.
well i do find it hard to believe, but i aint going to argue. if what you say is true then it must be by configuration only, not technologically superior. this is understandable, as pakistan has been to hardcore wars before and would know what it wants. Pakistan could have a unique su-35 variant to pakistans specific requirements, but it wont be as advanced as the su-35 that the Russian airforce, but it may be configured better to meet a combat scenario.

well i do find it hard to believe, but i aint going to argue. if what you say is true then it must be by configuration only, not technologically superior. this is understandable, as pakistan has been to hardcore wars before and would know what it wants. Pakistan could have a unique su-35 variant to pakistans specific requirements, but it wont be as advanced as the su-35 that the Russian airforce, but it may be configured better to meet a combat scenario.
Along with AESA Radar and some other goodies developed for the J-20 or J-31's.... It is your guess to what is superior... Yes no doubt it would also feature Chinese and Pakistani weapons along with Russian.,, That could be the configuration you are stating... Todays war AWACS give the picture so that would also be an added advantage.

I remember to read in one of the Red Flag Blue flag IAF was reported to be fighting a war where the fight was not happening due to some integration problem regarding their equipment and the data link. This was later attributed to the system mismatch between the Russians and the American ones which PAF would not want as it is operating SAABs and Chinese platforms together.

Sell the fighters and with hold the spares during crucial time. Russia can do a badla pur on pakistan for supporting unholy crap in afghanistan.

Sell the fighters and with hold the spares during crucial time. Russia can do a badla pur on pakistan for supporting unholy crap in afghanistan.
Do you think it is possible with the Chinese manufacturing all the parts that Pakistan would not have enough spares once the SU's come?

Do you think it is possible with the Chinese manufacturing all the parts that Pakistan would not have enough spares once the SU's come?
Chinese might be able to provide 75% of the components but rest 25% i believe will be critical technology only russia will have. Spare parts is a big business infact thats where the margins are high.

Seriously why would you trust chinese for quality components over the original manufacturer ?. Buying bad quality spares will not only increase the cost but also increase the downtime.

By the way these are jet fighters not our scooters to leave it in workshop and catch a public transport :p:.

Along with AESA Radar and some other goodies developed for the J-20 or J-31's.... It is your guess to what is superior... Yes no doubt it would also feature Chinese and Pakistani weapons along with Russian.,, That could be the configuration you are stating... Todays war AWACS give the picture so that would also be an added advantage.

I remember to read in one of the Red Flag Blue flag IAF was reported to be fighting a war where the fight was not happening due to some integration problem regarding their equipment and the data link. This was later attributed to the system mismatch between the Russians and the American ones which PAF would not want as it is operating SAABs and Chinese platforms together.

if you use a bit of logic here the su-25 airframe may theoretically be able to hold a j20 radar, well it would be obvious pakistan would like Chinese weapons also possibly Brazilian, south African, european and american weapons too awacs do give a picture in a war but also the adversary would also use the awacs radar signature as a identifier and would fire a radar homing missile.

I would also like to respond to the idle talk and pure invention of the media by reiterating that Russia has not discussed and does not have any plans to sell Su-35 aircraft to Pakistan.
Denis Alipov, Deputy Chief of Mission in the Russian Embassy in New Delhi

Ties with Pakistan not against India | Russia & India Report

Strange....this deputy chief mission of Russian embassy in Delhi either is a complete arsshole or very mischievous to his hosts indeed.

The point is when both Pakistani and Russian officials acknowledging about the talks on SU35 between them, then how can he denies them plainly.

It would be more appropriates if he states that Pakistan does asks for SU35s but Russian Federation refuse, that's more understandable and logical.

Last edited:
Chinese might be able to provide 75% of the components but rest 25% i believe will be critical technology only russia will have. Spare parts is a big business infact thats where the margins are high.

Seriously why would you trust chinese for quality components over the original manufacturer ?. Buying bad quality spares will not only increase the cost but also increase the downtime.

By the way these are jet fighters not our scooters to leave it in workshop and catch a public transport :p:.

Worst case scenario !

Chinese are making 100 percent copies of Russian aircraft so it is very possible that they can also produce the 25% technology that Russia might not be willing to sell. However it is also clear that if PAF decides it would have certain safeguards to this problem and some alternate would be found...Most likely transfer of technology.

Sir if the quality is not good then the cost is also cheaper so one can replace the item many times in the same amount however aviation industry does not work as automotive industry. In aviation products are required to be made under strict rules and regulations to provide safety and reliability. In the past counter fit products have ended in the most secure aircraft of the world and nothing went wrong with it...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom