What's new

Tajik envoy announces completion of Pakistan-Tajikistan road link

1) It will be interesting to see how much control Tajikistan has over the Tajiks in Afghanistan.

2) The willingness of the Northern Alliance to "forget and forgive" with relations with Pakistan.

3) Will $ win out over the bad blood.

I wonder why we couldn't get that little Afghan strip on to our side. We could have had a border with Tajikistan...

I often wonder about the same thing... I hope we can pull it off somehow.

It was intentionally left by the Brits in the 1800s so as to create a gap between them and the Russians in Central Asia. Remember that Afghanistan worked as a buffer between the two. It was all part of the "great game". Regarding the taking of land forcefully in the modern context, thats quite simply impossible unless the people want it themselves and I dont think the Pamiri people living in that region have shown any inclination to leave Afghanistan. However that is irrelevant for us since the KKH connects us to Tajikistan anyways(see map below):

4625260-The_route_of_the_KKH_Pakistan.jpg

Can we formulate an agreement with Afghanistan that allows us to build a road/highway through Afghanistan ??

Perhaps a clause that prevents Afghanistan from back tracking later on would be useful. Plus Pakistan's right to have a minimum security presence along the road ??

Can we formulate an agreement with Afghanistan that allows us to build a road/highway through Afghanistan ??

Perhaps a clause that prevents Afghanistan from back tracking later on would be useful. Plus Pakistan's right to have a minimum security presence along the road ??

we and the world needs afghanistan at peace, then only can the vast potential of trade can be realised.

^^ Once ISAF/NATO exits, it's going to be warlords galore again in Afghanistan.

Possibly - but we don't need to go through Afghanistan -- it would be good and easier to go though Afghanistan, but also unnecessary -- please understand that I am not suggesting that we must not include Afghanistan, it is our brother and vital to us , in a word they are "Apnay loog" - what I am suggesting is that there are alternatives we should build on, alternatives that we can provide security for. Where we cannot go over or through, we should seriously explore going under

It is understandable given the many wars and directly adversarial overt and covert policies pursued by both sides since both countries were given independence by UK. In the present circumstances, Indian influence in Afghanistan is growing, much to our chagrin. Pakistan can ignore India only to its peril.

let Nato leave from Afghanistan....
you suppose those pashtun tribes will bear these Indians in Afghanistan???:D:omghaha:
India's activities are in safe zone protected by NATO...
and Afghans stability and democracy in there is too a big question....
There are also chances of chaos broke out in there....soo just wait and watch..:pop:

let Nato leave from Afghanistan....
you suppose those pashtun tribes will bear these Indians in Afghanistan???:D:omghaha:
India's activities are in safe zone protected by NATO...
and Afghans stability and democracy in there is too a big question....
There are also chances of chaos broke out in there....soo just wait and watch..:pop:

Exactly... america and nato exit will be a game changer in the region

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom