What's new

Taiwan's armed forces capable of deterring China: Minister

In the HK model, then PRC will oblige ROC to give up their military, but i don't think ROC would accept this condition.

Perhaps giving up the military would be too much for sure but a start could be a no aggression pact? Based on the premise that the RoC will not allow any other military to operate out of its facilities in return for a complete no aggression and no war pact by the PRC?

Perhaps giving up the military would be too much for sure but a start could be a no aggression pact? Based on the premise that the RoC will not allow any other military to operate out of its facilities in return for a complete no aggression and no war pact by the PRC?

One country two systems, PRC can accept this offer.

But ROC has to give up their military and national flag, since they will be under PRC's protection.

One thing what surprises me is these Asian countries hate each other. I mean Korean hates Chinese who hate Japanese. Pretty much everyone hates Japanese. Vietnamese are now sucking up to the Americans and the Taiwanese think America will save them. God knows what is with these Asian guys, Chinese are good fellows, extremely business savvy and brutal in finances but good friends.

I'm Asian and I don't hate any of those countries. The only way for Asia to be a powerful cultural block is to work together. You have to wonder why Asia being just a large continent have so little cultural power. Everyone in Asia will accept anything Western, yet not a single Asian stars will ever make it in the cultural sphere in the West. The Chinese will show up in droves to watch Hollywood propaganda, while in American TV show they are being mocked and made fun of constantly. The disconnect between Asian people and the world at large is huge.

Time is on our side. As the years go on, our relative position improves.

So a non-aggression pact might work, if they behave in a reasonable manner.

If they try to play for time, that will work to our advantage in the end.

When I write :China: it is the PRC flag that shows up. :china: When people say China, what they mean is the PRC, not the ROC.

The ROC lost China so long ago, all they have left is dreams.

I'm Asian and I don't hate any of those countries. The only way for Asia to be a powerful cultural block is to work together. You have to wonder why Asia being just a large continent have so little cultural power. Everyone in Asia will accept anything Western, yet not a single Asian stars will ever make it in the cultural sphere in the West. The Chinese will show up in droves to watch Hollywood propaganda, while in American TV show they are being mocked and made fun of constantly. The disconnect between Asian people and the world at large is huge.

China is now trying hard to rebuild the lost Asian value, but Japan is always the saboteur working for the west.

They are looking for their own destruction, for the sake of Asia, China will have no choice and to wipe them off the map.

One country two systems, PRC can accept this offer.

But ROC has to give up their military and national flag, since they will be under PRC's protection.
depends on how TW views the HK model. the protests against changing HK's education and locust incursion doesn't help PRC's offer.

China will have no choice and to wipe them off the map.
LOL, while running away from their water cannons?

depends on how TW views the HK model. the protests against changing HK's education and locust incursion doesn't help PRC's offer.

We don't give a fck about the anti-Chinese traitors.

LOL, while running away from their water cannons?

It is the incompetent KMT getting sprayed by their Nippon master.

We don't give a fck about the anti-Chinese traitors.
that's the problem with the PRC model. disagreement is viewed as disloyalty.
i don't need to say more why TW is not going to follow the HK model. the results are there to see.

It is the incompetent KMT getting sprayed by their Nippon master.
the Iranian style boasting of wiping someone off the map only invites ridicule. hardly anyone will take your claims seriously.

especially when the japanese still control senkakus, while all china can do is whine.

They really believe they are deterring the PLA?
If US says it will not intervene, PLA can be in Taipei tomorrow.
20 years from now, it wont even matter,
30 years from now, they will beg to re-unify with China.

China is now trying hard to rebuild the lost Asian value, but Japan is always the saboteur working for the west.

They are looking for their own destruction, for the sake of Asia, China will have no choice and to wipe them off the map.

I don't want to go off topic but Japan is one of the reasons why asian country was introduced to the U.S. Their movies, celebrities, electronics, anime, etc served as a bridge to asian culture, much like Jackie Chan and Bruce Lee. What do you think of S.Koreans then? They're following Japan's exact same model; trying very hard to impress their American buddies?

And wow, "wipe them off the map", I shocked that you could say something like that so easily.

They really believe they are deterring the PLA?
If US says it will not intervene, PLA can be in Taipei tomorrow.
20 years from now, it wont even matter,
30 years from now, they will beg to re-unify with China.

Everyone or everything have deterring power

Ever see how people using a revolver to hold up a bank? You know for sure the gun only hold 6 rounds and you generally have around 10-12 people in a bank, you know for sure the robber will not have enough bullet for all of the people.

Yet, will you make a move?

Talk about reunification...that is hard to say.

Before asking for reunification, we want to ask, How good China is?

Reunification is not depend on Taiwan, it's all depend on the mainland government and people hand. If mainland government serve the people well, not just Taiwan want reunification, even most countries in China border too. Exiled Tibetans will kneel before you.

But so far...no, BIG NO!

Looking back, my statement might indeed have been unnecessary, but it is truth all the same. If you are indeed Taiwanese, you must know that there is very deep negative sentiment against US and Japan at moment, especially from the GMD. In fact, it has gone on for many years now.

Back
Top Bottom