What's new

T-84 oplot M fails testing what now for the army, in terms of tanks?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have to love all that talk of sources and suni sunai. @Icarus
Sir I trust who ever my source is. He has provied me with great info and also HIT guy in an interview said in an year interview that around this year end AK 2 would come or enter production. I am waiting for the pictures the guy who gives this info has asked for permission from Army the moment he gets I would start a thread here. @Pakistanisage Sir even Oplot M is around 54 Tonnes so we can have a Tank with two more tonnes.

F-16s are stop gap jets to complement front line jet of future, they were inducted because they could be rapidly inducted and reduce the tech gap between PAF & IAF. If it would not be the case then PAF would have gone for JAS-39s because they fits the PAF defensive doctrine well.

PAF is waiting for Chinese to master new tech specially 5th gen one, because it is the most safest way to fill future requirements. US & Europe will not provide top of the line products without strings attached and they will not offer open architecture systems on board.

Sorry for being Off Topic.

Which two other tanks are expected to be tested by PA? can any one post pics with detail analysis of all tanks in trials or coming for trials??

Any jet that is inducted to play a second fidel role ( as going by your positioning of f-16s in paf) even that doesn't necessarily means that its a stop gap measure. They were inducted instead of JAS-39 because of multiple reasons
Firstly already developed infrastructure that resulted into less time and spending in developing infrastructure from scratch for a new fighter
Secondly Paf mastered f-16s over decades
Thirdly JAS-39 already had many parts sourced from various countries including US , so any embargo from US would have similar impact on JAS-39 to what it would have on F-16s
F-16 C/D block 52s were more capable aircrafts
Purchasing F-16s from US had given PAF a window to import other latest goodies from US and enhanced the capability of existing fleet.

You are not an airforce with so many options my friend you currently have only two modern and capable fighters F-16s and Jf-17s and being latest variants of f-16s more advanced than jf-17 you cant afford to keep your most advanced fighter as a stop gap measure or to play a second Fidel role, so your theory is flawed my friend

Besides you are thinking too ahead in future . Chinese 5th generation aint coming out that soon as many people here are expecting there is still a long way to go instead of prototypes being on the scene . And by no means PAF is going to induct 5th generations in so much numbers that it can not only fill the gap but also replace f-16s .

And no matter how good friend china is still you cant beef up your inventory from a single source . You always have to look to have multiple options due to various reasons. PAF needs to have a mix of Chinese, Local and European/American fighters. Ratio can vary or tilt in favor of China due to obvious reasons as they are more dependable suppliers and can offer soft loans but still you have to keep your options open. PAF F-16s arent going anywhere till 2030 i believe

Any jet that is inducted to play a second fidel role ( as going by your positioning of f-16s in paf) even that doesn't necessarily means that its a stop gap measure. They were inducted instead of JAS-39 because of multiple reasons
Firstly already developed infrastructure that resulted into less time and spending in developing infrastructure from scratch for a new fighter
Secondly Paf mastered f-16s over decades
Thirdly JAS-39 already had many parts sourced from various countries including US , so any embargo from US would have similar impact on JAS-39 to what it would have on F-16s
F-16 C/D block 52s were more capable aircrafts
Purchasing F-16s from US had given PAF a window to import other latest goodies from US and enhanced the capability of existing fleet.

You are not an airforce with so many options my friend you currently have only two modern and capable fighters F-16s and Jf-17s and being latest variants of f-16s more advanced than jf-17 you cant afford to keep your most advanced fighter as a stop gap measure or to play a second Fidel role, so your theory is flawed my friend

Besides you are thinking too ahead in future . Chinese 5th generation aint coming out that soon as many people here are expecting there is still a long way to go instead of prototypes being on the scene . And by no means PAF is going to induct 5th generations in so much numbers that it can not only fill the gap but also replace f-16s .

And no matter how good friend china is still you cant beef up your inventory from a single source . You always have to look to have multiple options due to various reasons. PAF needs to have a mix of Chinese, Local and European/American fighters. Ratio can vary or tilt in favor of China due to obvious reasons as they are more dependable suppliers and can offer soft loans but still you have to keep your options open. PAF F-16s arent going anywhere till 2030 i believe
That is what I am telling them, that first 5th Generation won't come that soon even if does still if you look at PAF and How they have operated in past 60 years they are never gonna depend on only two type of 4.5 th Generation Fighter Jets they are looking for third one but right now it seem they are interested more in SU-35 than in J-10 B. So let's hope for the best

Sir I trust who ever my source is. He has provied me with great info and also HIT guy in an interview said in an year interview that around this year end AK 2 would come or enter production. I am waiting for the pictures the guy who gives this info has asked for permission from Army the moment he gets I would start a thread here. @Pakistanisage Sir even Oplot M is around 54 Tonnes so we can have a Tank with two more tonnes.

Im not stopping you from trusting and posting information from whosoever. I just dont buy it.. prefer finding out from the right people myself before agreeing or disagreeing OR simply keeping quiet once I know.

Im not stopping you from trusting and posting information from whosoever. I just dont buy it.. prefer finding out from the right people myself before agreeing or disagreeing OR simply keeping quiet once I know.
Okay Sir I hope to get the pictures soon than I would post them here you can also get it confirmed weather pics are right or not

Bhai jaan aik to aap ko thread start karnay ki bauhaut jaldi hoti hai! :D
Well I should share the good news if I manage to get those pictures. Hopefully I would get them soon INSHALLAH.

The oplot M has failed along with the Chinese tanks as both their engines seized during trials. Now the Ukrainians are claiming they will be bringing new engine via sea which will take 6 Months.
What's the status of AK2?

Can they please test T14 Armata also ? Just on my requste please ? Im in love with that tank

The oplot M has failed along with the Chinese tanks as both their engines seized during trials. Now the Ukrainians are claiming they will be bringing new engine via sea which will take 6 Months.

why not via 'express mail' ... we can't wait that long ... :mad:

So now it failed ? What is Army upto and why not try 1500 HP engine being used by China for T-99 A2. Also I have heard that two AK-2 prototypes are under trial since 2013. So what is latest on AK-2 ? @Icarus @balixd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom