What's new

T-84 oplot M fails testing what now for the army, in terms of tanks?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dude, Threads are to talk about every items to be pointed out by sources shared by members. None of us here are officials who is charged to market countries product portfolios so Talking about subsystem details of Altay as a candidate of Pakistani future tank projects should not get you irritate since There are some serious source telling cooperation issues with Turkey regarding upgrading/new tank solutions from the mouth of HIT officials. There are some other members who is voicing importance of such collaborations so Enlightening the details of tools which is being talked about under the name of alternative cooperation subject, is not a bad thing in a thread whose tittile is T-84 oplot M the new war horse of Pakistan, Since noone of us have any details about this tittile but having some source pointing out collaboration issues with Turkey but don't know whether It contains this new purchase or not. In additions, Talking about likely cooperations in paralel with sources has nothing to do with criticizing/decying Pakistani subsystem capabilities. We have just source and subjects in our hands and just expressing our ideas with some details in paralel with thread tittle. Now, Live it or not, your personnal choice...

To put it from a more authoritative and sensible standpoint, let me say it clear. The T-84 is NOT the main punch of Pakistan but rather the stop gap upgrade to an increasingly old fleet. To give you an analogy, the F-16 Block 50+ made by TAI is NOT going to be the best war horse that Turkey is going to have but so far it is the best Turkey has till its F-35 and T-X come into play. In addition, it allows turkey to finally retire a good section of its aging F-4 and F-5 fleet which were getting old beyond upgrades. The same goes for Pakistan's tank fleet.
So is the Altay out of the question or any other future competitor or local development? NO
What it means is that till Pakistan decides on another mainstay to become the core of its strike force.. the T-84 will be the 1-2 punch along with Al Khalid till another tank comes online in the next 6-10 years.

Anladim mi?

To put it from a more authoritative and sensible standpoint, let me say it clear. The T-84 is NOT the main punch of Pakistan but rather the stop gap upgrade to an increasingly old fleet. To give you an analogy, the F-16 Block 50+ made by TAI is NOT going to be the best war horse that Turkey is going to have but so far it is the best Turkey has till its F-35 and T-X come into play. In addition, it allows turkey to finally retire a good section of its aging F-4 and F-5 fleet which were getting old beyond upgrades. The same goes for Pakistan's tank fleet.
So is the Altay out of the question or any other future competitor or local development? NO
What it means is that till Pakistan decides on another mainstay to become the core of its strike force.. the T-84 will be the 1-2 punch along with Al Khalid till another tank comes online in the next 6-10 years.

Anladim mi?

I give you 90 out of 100 for your Turkish :lol: correct form shall be "Anladın mı?"

B2T, F-5s are long gone since years along with fighter role phantoms :(

I give you 90 out of 100 for your Turkish :lol: correct form shall be "Anladın mı?"

Atlay is going to replace Patton series or leopard1 tank?
Also how many atlay Turkey want to induct? What about Leipard2 NG?? Cute question, answers plz........:p:

Also how many atlay Turkey want to induct? What about Leipard2 NG?? Cute question, answers plz........:p:
they are planning to buy 1000 in total and they will be introduce in 4 batches of 250 which is obvious. and upgrades in later tanks will be installed on to earlier tanks

It'll repace the M48s and M60s (not Israeli Sabras).

1000 Altay MBT with four separate badges. A mass NG modernization of Leopards have been offered to Land Forces by Aselsan, no orders yet. But after or during the delivery of later badges, the Naval Forces will retire M48s and replace them with transfers from the Army. It'll either be Sabra tanks or Leopard 2A4, if they receive Leos, Navy will probably sign deal for NG Upgrade for units of both Naval Infantry Armored Battalion and the future Amphibious Battalion Task Force of LHD at near 2020.

Tamam,

Wrote too fast.

So you understand what this represents.

It'll repace the M48s and M60s (not Israeli Sabras).

1000 Altay MBT with four separate badges. A mass NG modernization of Leopards have been offered to Land Forces by Aselsan, no orders yet. But after or during the delivery of later badges, the Naval Forces will retire M48s and replace them with transfers from the Army. It'll either be Sabra tanks or Leopard 2A4, if they receive Leos, Navy will probably sign deal for NG Upgrade for units of both Naval Infantry Armored Battalion and the future Amphibious Battalion Task Force of LHD at near 2020.

The OPLOT Ms are to replace these:

image.jpg

Our main or first tier tank is AK.. And it's future variants... We need to replace old tin cans aka Type-59s,62 and even 85IIM's.

@Horus, why was my post edited? :what:

Eventually you blew the cover yourself ;)
oh no Janab,
source of pics was consulted first, also now that the cat is out of bag & everything being in open, it would be cruel to not show the pics to these guys.....:D
I deserve a thumbs up atleast for sitting on these since last Dec :close_tema:.......ab tu gur gur oh rahi thi pait mein :bad:

I think mbt 3000 is way forward changes will be made if any issues which i dont see any yet at other hand T 84 is playing a loosing battle we need next generation tank which T 84 is not going to fullfill

@Horus, why was my post edited? :what:

oh no Janab,
source of pics was consulted first, also now that the cat is out of bag & everything being in open, it would be cruel to not show the pics to these guys.....:D
I deserve a thumbs up atleast for sitting on these since last Dec :close_tema:.......ab tu gur gur oh rahi thi pait mein :bad:
Sir thanks for that Sir and Sir the officer who contacted members on facebook has said tests and trials are not complete yet. And What is the status of AK 2 Sir ?

I think mbt 3000 is way forward changes will be made if any issues which i dont see any yet at other hand T 84 is playing a loosing battle we need next generation tank which T 84 is not going to fullfill
MBT-3000 has failed tests Man we can't induct a Tank which would fail in battle. T-84 Oplot M is more advance than MBT-3000 and far far far more advance if compared to latest model of T-90

Only time will tell yet full report to come by pak army on mbt 3000

The OPLOT Ms are to replace these:

View attachment 237612

Our main or first tier tank is AK.. And it's future variants... We need to replace old tin cans aka Type-59s,62 and even 85IIM's.
We operate almost 1200 Type59,69,85
Oplot is going to replace all of these?? Or will be inducted in the golden figures if 300?? And What about AZ???

We operate almost 1200 Type59,69,85
Oplot is going to replace all of these?? Or will be inducted in the golden figures if 300?? And What about AZ???
if they are actually being implemented then most likely

Not you our political parties try to get it via stopping development and demanding a so called fee.

China has always been gracious in extending it's towards us.

Nothing personal but the mbt 3000 has faults. What exactly it will be clear in the coming months. But we might try to use it from a different perspective.
On what base you conclude that MBT3000 has faults, do you have any official report to support your claim. Ukraine company always give kickback, keep in mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom