What's new

T-14 heavy tank enters operational service, complementing T-90M medium tank. Basically modern day IS-2 heavy tank and T-34 medium tank.

This so-called Chinese man does not understand Chinese word.

Well, I never claimed to be a Chinese and the fact that others think I am is not my foult, but I do not understand his constant lies, unquestioned posting of any pro-Russian BS and propaganda even more so when hiding in the West.

Well, I never claimed to be a Chinese and the fact that others think I am is not my foult, but I do not understand his constant lies, unquestioned posting of any pro-Russian BS and propaganda even more so when hiding in the West.
I didn't say you.

I said 'Yongpeng Sun-Tastaufen' claims to be Chinese but doesn't understand Chinese and lives in Canada. By the way, he accidentally revealed that he knew India very well.

I didn't say you.

I said 'Yongpeng Sun-Tastaufen' claims to be Chinese but doesn't understand Chinese and lives in Canada. By the way, he accidentally revealed that he knew India very well.

I beg your pardon for this misunderstanding! ... I thought he once claimed to be from Korea, stemming from a once noble-family with many talented and brilliant "inventors". that's why he thinks he is a genius!

Again sorry for that misunderstanding :sad:

May I ask what you get per propaganda post?
bottle of Vodka?

Again Russian bot posting Russian propaganda

Design[edit]​

The Armata was designed over the course of five years, and features a number of innovative characteristics, including an unmanned turret. The crew of three is seated in an armoured capsule in the front of the hull,[54] which will also include a toilet for the crew.[55]

Armament[edit]​

The Vacuum-1 Armor-Piercing Fin-Stabilized Discarding Sabot (APFSDS) round, developed for the 2A82-1M gun, has a penetrator that is 900 mm long,[1] and is said to be capable of penetrating 1000 mm of Rolled Homogeneous Armor (RHA) equivalent at a distance of 2 km.[56][57] The new controlled-detonation Teknik HE-Frag shell is available and has entered service.[58] The gun is capable of firing new guided missiles like the 9M119M1 Invar-M which has an effective range of 100 m to 5 km, and can engage low-flying air targets such as helicopters,[59] with a new 3UBK21 Sprinter Anti-Tank Guided Missile (ATGM) with an effective range up to 12 km developed specifically for it.[10][60] The 3UBK25 active homing ATGM is currently under development.[61]

The secondary armament consists of a 12.7×108mm Kord (GRAU index 6P49) machine gun with 300 rounds (not observed during the 2015 parade) and a 7.62×54mmR Pecheneg PKP (GRAU Index: 6P41) or a PKTM (6P7К) machine gun with 1,000 rounds.[1][59][62] All guns are remotely controlled.[59] In addition, another 1,000 rounds can be stored separately.[54]

The 152 mm cannon, which was first developed in 2000 for the T-95 prototype,[1] has a high-speed APFSDS shell with a 1,980 m/s muzzle velocity, only dropping to 1,900 m/s at 2 km.[63][64][65] However, Russian engineers have so far kept the 125 mm-size gun, assessing that improvements in ammunition are enough to increase effectiveness while concluding that a larger bore weapon would offer few practical advantages.[66]

Let's see how these face upto the Leopard tanks, would be interesting and the result could decide the outcome and timescale of the war.

The T-14 could also be modified to use anti-aircraft missiles.[1][67] A 30 mm anti-aircraft gun could be installed in the near future.[68]

In August 2022, Russian media reported that the 38th Research, Development, and Testing Institute of Armoured Hardware and Armament proposed a list of new features for a prospective future T-14 design at the turn of the 2030s,[69] which included the following:

• System of symbiosis between T-14 tank and dedicated reconnaissance drone
  • 152 mm main gun
  • Thermobaric ammo for 152 mm
  • Supersonic armor-piercing ammo for 152 mm
  • ATGM for 152 mm with aiming/guidance system “fire and forget”
  • Improved target detection and identification at 6+ km
  • Redesigned turret and new autoloader for accommodating 152 mm gun and ammo

Back
Top Bottom